• Tweets

• Should this to be take into court with him or should he send something in earlier?
    • This is the other sign  parking sign 1a.pdf
    • 4 means that they need to name and then tell the people who will be affected that there has been an application made, what the application relates to (specificially "whether it relates to the exercise of the court’s jurisdiction in relation to P’s property and affairs, or P’s personal welfare, or to both) and what this application contains (i.e what order they want made as a result of it) 5 just means that teh court think it is important that the relevant people are notified 7 means that the court need more information to make the application, hence they have then made the order of paragraph 1 which requires the applicant to do more - this means the court can't make a decision with the current information, and need more, hence paragraph one of the order is for the applicant to do more. paragraph 3 of the order gives you the ability to have it set aside, although if it was made in january you are very late. Were you notiifed of the application or not?    
    • These are the photos of the signs. At the entrance there is a 7h free sign. On some bays there is a permit sign.  Also their official website is misleading as it implies all parking is free.  I can't be certain of the exact parking bay I was in that day, and there was no PCN ticket on my car and no other evidence was provided.  parking sign 2.pdf
    • Hi, In my last post I mentioned I had received an email from SS who were asking me to hand over the keys to my mother’s flat so they could pass them to the Law firm who have been appointed court of protection to access, secure and insure my mother’s property.  Feeling this, all quickly getting out of my hands I emailed ss requesting proof of this. I HAVEN’T HEARD BACK FROM SS.  Yesterday, I received an email (with attached court of protection order) from the Law Firm confirming this was correct (please see below a copy of this).  After reading the court of protection order I do have some concerns about it:   (a)   I only found out yesterday, the Law firm had been appointed by the court back in January.  Up until now, I have not received any notification regarding this.  (b)   Section 2   - States I am estranged from my mother.  This is NOT CORRECT    The only reason I stepped back from my mother was to protect myself from the guy (groomer) who had befriended her & was very aggressive towards me & because of my mother’s dementia she had become aggressive also.  I constantly tried to warned SS about this guy's manipulative behaviour towards my mother and his increasing aggressiveness towards me (as mentioned in previous posts).  Each time I was ignored.  Instead, SS encouraged his involvement with my mother – including him in her care plans and mental health assessments.   I was literally pushed out because I feared him and my mother’s increasing aggression towards me. Up until I stepped back, I had always looked after my mother and since her admission to the care home, I visit regularly.   .(c)    Sections -  4, 5 and 7  I am struggling to understand these as I don’t have a legal background.  I was wondering if there is anyone who might be able to explain what they mean.  It’s been a horrendous situation where I had to walk away from my mother at her most vulnerable because of; ss (not helping), scammer and groomer. I have no legal background, nor experience in highly manipulative people or an understanding of how the SS system operates, finding myself isolated, scared and powerless to the point I haven’t collected my personal belongings and items for my mother’s room in the care home.  Sadly, the court has only had heard one version of this story SS’s, and based their decision on that. My mother’s situation and the experience I have gone through could happen to anyone who has a vulnerable parent.    If anyone any thoughts on this much appreciated.  Thank you. ______________________________________________________  (Below is the Court of Protection Order)  COURT OF PROTECTION                                                                                                                                                                                   No xxx  MENTAL CAPACITY ACT 2005 In the matter of Name xxx ORDER Made by  Depty District Judge At xxx Made on xxx Issued on 18 January 2024  WHEREAS  1.     xxx Solicitors, Address xxx  ("Applicant”) has applied for an order under the Mental Capacity Act 2005.  2.     The Court notes (my mother) is said to be estranged from all her three children and only one, (me) has been notified.  3.     (Me) was previously appointed as Atorney for Property and Affairs for (my mother).  The Exhibity NAJ at (date) refers to (me) and all replacement Attorneys are now officially standing down.  4.     Pursuant to Rule 9.10 of the Court of Protection Rules 2017 and Practice Direction 9B the Applicant 2must seek to identify at least three persons who are likely to have an interest in being notified that an application has been issues.”  The children of (my mother), and any other appointed attorneys are likely to have an interest in the application, because of the nature of relationship to (my mother).  5.     The Court considers that the notification requirements are an important safeguard for the person in respect of whom an order is sought.  6.     The Court notes that it is said that the local authority no longer has access to (my mother’s) Property.  7.     Further information is required for the Court to determine the application.  IT IS ORDERED THAT  Within 28 days of the issue date this order, the Applicant shall file a form COP24 witness statement confirming that the other children of (my mother) and any replacement attorneys have been notified of the application and shall confirm their name, address, and date upon which those persons were notified.  If the Applicant wishes the Court to dispense with any further notification, they should file a COP9 and COP24 explaining, what steps (if any) have been taken to attempt notification and why notification should be dispensed with.   Pending the determination of the application to appoint a deputy for (my mother), the Applicant is authorised to take such steps as are proportionate and necessary to access, secure and insure the house and property of (my mother).   This order was made without a hearing and without notice.  Any person affected by this order may apply within 21 days of the date on which the order was served to have the order set aside or varied pursuant to Rule 13.4 of the Court of Protection Rules 2017 (“the Rules”).  Such application must be made on Form COP9 and in accordance with Part 10 Rules.              
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

us v the Abbey for £7,500***WON***

ohoh4312
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5435 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Jo,

sorry I have not been on for a while, been promoted at work which has made even busier than ever! Baby due to pop soon as well its all go!

I am sorry to hear they were nasty to you, im just waiting it out quietly in the wings at the moment. Not very happy with the OFT especially when they state they think they may pull the plug on the test case!

At the moment I have decided just to moniter the news each day and keep an eye on cag for any changes.

Lets hope in February the case proceeds so we can finally get a result or at least the chance to go to court.

Big hugs to you

Lee x x x:)

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi determind

I take it this is the one you were referring to:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-1148011.html

Yes, it makes for interesting reading definately.

To post a link, right-click on the thread, or post number, you want, and click copy then paste. (Sorry if that sounds patronising - didn't mean to be, it's just hard to put it any other way.):o

Lotsa luv

Jo xx

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool:

Hi Jo, Been a few weeks since I have been on. Just caught up with your news and am soo gutted for you.

You have been so good to so many of us on here, with your funnies and trying to keep our spirits up.

We must all keep on fighting though, and I am sure we will all get our rewards in the end.

Big hugs,

Lisa xxx

Just received this in the post, AND I AM NOT A HAPPY BUNNY :mad: :mad: :mad:

General Form of Judgement or Order

Before DJ XXXXXX (I could find some great words to replace those X's)

Upon hearing the claimant in person (no you bloody well didn't coz I wasn't allowed to speak!) and counsel for defendant

IT IS ORDERED THAT

1. The claim is stayed until further order with a view to awaiting the final decision in the test case (which shall be interpreted as the outcome of any appeal or the expiry of time for permission to appeal the first instance decision.)

2. The Defendant shall within 28 days of the final decision in the test case file at Court and serve on the Claimant:

a) a case summary of not more than 500 words setting out the effect of that decision;

b) their proposed directions in this claim.

3. Upon receipt of the documents set out at paragraph 2 of this order the file be referred to a resident District Judge to consider further directions.

4. Either party may apply at any time, by application on notice in accordance with the Civil Procedure Rules 1998 Part 23, to lift the stay.

5. Costs in the case.

Dated 20 September 2007

So, it is not even a time-barred stay - it's bloody indefinate; then they get 28 days, and then it sits in the Judges' filing tray for god knows how long after that!:mad:

And the best bit - actually the worst - is that it is dated 20th September, and my hearing was on the 21st !:mad: Talk about being well and truly stitched up! The air is blue here, I can tell you. Someone pass the vodka bottle please.

And what the hell does para 5. mean? "Costs in the case" ?? Don't tell me I am going to get hit with a huge bill from their solicitors, please???

Forget the vodka - I might just drink bleach instead.

In my view there is no point whatsoever applying to lift the stay, but I would be grateful for other opinions, preferably before I lose the will to live completely!

Jo xx

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

The claim is stayed until further order with a view to awaiting the final decision in the test case (which shall be interpreted as the outcome of any appeal or the expiry of time for permission to appeal the first instance decision.)

Jo,

this is an awful order......sorry to be the bearer of good news.................I really don't know what to say about it:mad: :mad:

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

Thanks for that CF - really made my day :mad::rolleyes:

Seriously though, you are right, it is awful - worse than any others I have seen so far. Don't know what to do now.

I have asked GaryH to have a look and give me some advice if possible.

Until then I shall continue sticking pins in my judge-dolly!!;)

• Haha 1

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

Just received this in the post, AND I AM NOT A HAPPY BUNNY :mad: :mad: :mad:

General Form of Judgement or Order

Before DJ XXXXXX (I could find some great words to replace those X's)

Upon hearing the claimant in person (no you bloody well didn't coz I wasn't allowed to speak!) and counsel for defendant

IT IS ORDERED THAT

1. The claim is stayed until further order with a view to awaiting the final decision in the test case (which shall be interpreted as the outcome of any appeal or the expiry of time for permission to appeal the first instance decision.)

2. The Defendant shall within 28 days of the final decision in the test case file at Court and serve on the Claimant:

a) a case summary of not more than 500 words setting out the effect of that decision;

b) their proposed directions in this claim.

3. Upon receipt of the documents set out at paragraph 2 of this order the file be referred to a resident District Judge to consider further directions.

4. Either party may apply at any time, by application on notice in accordance with the Civil Procedure Rules 1998 Part 23, to lift the stay.

5. Costs in the case.

Dated 20 September 2007

Hi Jo,

Just had a read through the last few pages of your thread - really sorry to hear about your bad experiance at court. I totally agree with the comments before about judges, most of them at District level are completely fed up of the bank charges issue now and almost all have developed prejudices either one way or another, which is probably inevitable to a certain extent but its also pretty unprofessional considering its their duty to be totally impartial! Its totally unfair and wrong that you didn't even get to speak, but unfortunately I don't think theres a great deal you can do about it tbh. You could appeal the decision but I personally would not advise it. Pick yourself up and live to fight another day - battle/war, marathon/sprint an' all that.;)

In answer to your questions, yes, you can apply to vary the order so its not indefinate, but unless Abbey agreed it would probably mean another hearing for the application, so again I'd save the money and the hassle and wait it out until the first instance decision in the Test Case, which is due in January. A High Court judge in Leeds, whilst agreeing that stays should be ordered in most cases, has stated that they should only be until the first instance decision, so this can be used in support of an application to lift a stay in January. The judgments linked from here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-1155075.html

Costs in the case means the costs of the application will be bourne by whoever loses in the end. If nobody made an application, which I gather they did not, then you can take it as to mean costs of the Preliminary hearing. I take it this is fast track then?

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Thanks for that Gary - much appreciated.

I have not been officially notified of Track; the Prelim order didn't specify either way, but I am guessing it is fast-track (huh ambiguous description that!) the way it is panning out.

So I shall sit back and await further developments.

Many thanks again

Jo xx

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

Hey hunny chin up

sorry to hear about your news.:( I think everbody case is ending up the same and the only thing we can do is to sit and wait for january.

chelli

XXXXX

p.s you sure know how to cheer me up - Your thread so funny to read pls dont do the bleach! put it up along with ya fishnets and mini skirt!!!!!!:rolleyes: and as for the judge dolly WHERE CAN I GET ONE..................actually that could be a great money spinning idea ....we could start our own huge business....just think of all that money.......................................:o :lol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all

Just to say I hope you all have a fantastic Christmas, and that the New Year will bring good news!!!

8_2_94v.gif

Have a great time, and thanks to everyone

Lotsa Luv

Jo xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

Thanks for that Jo. Every best wish to you and yours for Christmas and the New Year.

As you say, lets hope next year brings something we all want, and need, to hear!

Adam.

I do my best to be helpful, but at the end of the day I'm not a professional - please seek further advice if you're not sure. On the other hand, if I have helped, please click my scales - thanks ;)

Current Claims (all for friends!) -

Abbey - over £4k - Court claim issued & AQ filed ('Tish vs Abbey'). Alloc'n Hearing 21 Sept - Claim stayed 29/8/07.

Cap One - just under £2k - WON (just over 2k!)('Tish vs Cap One')

Cap One - just under £1000 - WON (just over £1k) Nov 07 (JimmyBoy vs Cap One)

Lloyds TSB - £3.5k - Court claim issued, defence rec'd and AQ filed; Alloc'n hearing 7th Sept Claim stayed 29/8/07! (JimmyBoy vs Lloyds')

MBNA - over £1k for mis-sold PPI - WON - approx £1500(IpswichWitch vs MBNA . . .)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all

Long time no speak!!

This is going to be a long one - as usual! - I am not very good at "concise":o

Way back when I first started my claim, shabbeys' Fraud dept put a stop on my card - for paying my council tax bill, amongst other things! At the time I was convinced it was retaliatory, but was assured that it was probably coincidence.

Last October I finally got around to setting up a new account; the transfer process took about 12 weeks (!) but come January all the DD's came out of the new account.

Obviously shabbey know - the new bank applied to them directly for all the payment details. So the shabbey account is overdrawn, but well within the agreed limit, and I was going to put a large cheque in today, which would have put the account in credit - there are still a couple of Debit card payments that weren't transferred, but they expire in March, so I thought I would leave them and then close the account.

Anyway, yesterday I went to take some cash out (I keep forgetting my pin for the new account) and the card was declined.:mad: Then later I tried to do an internet transaction for a game for my son, and that was refused also.

So after 10 minutes on the phone to telephone banking, being assured that my card was perfectly fine, I finally get told that the bleeping Fraud Squad have put a stop on my card.:mad: :mad: "It was probably because of the Internet transaction - because it was in dollars (equal to £16.50!). I will put you through to them......................................"

"Erm, that department finish at 7pm - you will have to call them in the morning."

So, I say, if they finish at 7, then a) how did they flag the card at 8.15pm, and b) how come the card was declined for cash at 4.30pm????

"I really don't know - here is the number, you will have to call in the morning."

I have yet to ring them, but this really reeks of retaliation (yet again) because they obviously know I am going to close the account.

More to follow, but I just can't accept this as another coincidence - any thoughts?

Jo xx

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

Huh??

Apparently, the Fraud Squad have NOT blocked my card..................

"The magnetic strip must be damaged"

OK, I say, but that doesn't explain the Internet - after all, I don't swipe my card through my laptop to use it, do I??

"Erm, well, there must have been a problem with that website...there is nothing wrong OUR end."

My card is perfect BTW, so I obviously just used a dodgy cashpoint AND a dodgy website yesterday?

Actually, I used a card from my personal account in the SAME cashpoint straight after the shabbey one was declined, and it worked perfectly....

Explain that?

No answer I am afraid - it is obviously just me.:mad:

So, I am going to ring the last couple of payees left on the account, get the payments switched and then they can sing for the rest of the overdraft - I will make small, but regular payments to clear it, and if they don't like it, tough!

Grrrrrrrrrrr god I hate them, but what goes around comes around, as they say, and I am determined to have the last laugh.

Jo xx

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

Hi Jo

Good to hear from you again.

Sadly your recent experience with Abbey simply reeks of what we have been through with them - massive incompetence, and total disregard for their customers well being! As I see it, they have no business being in banking as long as they behave like that, but the so-called regulators just let them get away with it! Just very glad that we no longer have any business with them.

However, stick with it Jo - as I learned many times, perseverance very often pays off!

All the best - Adam.

I do my best to be helpful, but at the end of the day I'm not a professional - please seek further advice if you're not sure. On the other hand, if I have helped, please click my scales - thanks ;)

Current Claims (all for friends!) -

Abbey - over £4k - Court claim issued & AQ filed ('Tish vs Abbey'). Alloc'n Hearing 21 Sept - Claim stayed 29/8/07.

Cap One - just under £2k - WON (just over 2k!)('Tish vs Cap One')

Cap One - just under £1000 - WON (just over £1k) Nov 07 (JimmyBoy vs Cap One)

Lloyds TSB - £3.5k - Court claim issued, defence rec'd and AQ filed; Alloc'n hearing 7th Sept Claim stayed 29/8/07! (JimmyBoy vs Lloyds')

MBNA - over £1k for mis-sold PPI - WON - approx £1500(IpswichWitch vs MBNA . . .)