us v the Abbey for £7,500***WON***

ohoh4312
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5440 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Oh yes CF, you can see your face in them......................

omg just had a thought on that................

good job I am not going to wear a skirt tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!;) ;) ;):D

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool:

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohoh,

wishing you the best of luck for tomorrow.

Go and show them who's boss!

Keep your cool!

Night Owl

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

Aw thanks Night Owl - sorry I missed you off the list earlier:o I am just overwhelmed by the support here, and I sincerely hope I will not be posting the inevitable tomorrow afternoon :(

I really am dreading the whole court thing, but to know that you all are with me in spirit - well, it means everything.

Lotsa luv

Jo xx

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

Hi JO,

Just adding my twopennorth of support, hope you get the result you deserve tomorrow.

I'll be keeping everything crossed for you and be thinking about you while you're there.

If you want to vent, PM me and we'll have a natter.

Tricia.

Hi Jo

Hope all went well today - can't wait to hear!

Adam xx

I do my best to be helpful, but at the end of the day I'm not a professional - please seek further advice if you're not sure. On the other hand, if I have helped, please click my scales - thanks ;)

Current Claims (all for friends!) -

Abbey - over £4k - Court claim issued & AQ filed ('Tish vs Abbey'). Alloc'n Hearing 21 Sept - Claim stayed 29/8/07.

Cap One - just under £2k - WON (just over 2k!)('Tish vs Cap One')

Cap One - just under £1000 - WON (just over £1k) Nov 07 (JimmyBoy vs Cap One)

Lloyds TSB - £3.5k - Court claim issued, defence rec'd and AQ filed; Alloc'n hearing 7th Sept Claim stayed 29/8/07! (JimmyBoy vs Lloyds')

MBNA - over £1k for mis-sold PPI - WON - approx £1500(IpswichWitch vs MBNA . . .)

coz you had a bad day..............

doesn't really cover it.

Sanctimonious b****h (shabbey rep) and supercillious b******d (judge) is nearer the mark.

In short I have never been so humiliated in all my life. Don't ever want to go through that again.

Sorry I haven't reported back sooner, but I couldn't - I wasn't even allowed to argue my corner. Complete waste of time - and I told the judge that too.

Thanks for all your support - it meant loads to me.

Lotsa luv

Jo xx

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

Another fine example of British Justice prevailing and the little man being allowed equality in law .... yeah right. :mad: :mad:

Seems to me, unless you've got megabucks they don't want to hear us. :mad:

Keep smiling Jo, we'll get there in the end, even if it does take a while. :)

coz you had a bad day..............

doesn't really cover it.

Sanctimonious b****h (shabbey rep) and supercillious b******d (judge) is nearer the mark.

In short I have never been so humiliated in all my life. Don't ever want to go through that again.

Sorry I haven't reported back sooner, but I couldn't - I wasn't even allowed to argue my corner. Complete waste of time - and I told the judge that too.

Thanks for all your support - it meant loads to me.

Lotsa luv

Jo xx

My lovely Jo - I am GUTTED for you :-(

You were conscientious in your preparation and worried intensely (as you do) right up until the day. There was nothing you could do about how your time in court played out. With Judges it is the luck of the draw. Once when I was in court for a hearing, my judge was a woman. B*** does not cover her as a person. She was patronising, obtrusive and confused my case in another, which I feel contributed to her prejudicial attitude towards me. My subsequent appearances have been with male judges who were sympathetic and willing to hear my side. It really comes down to who is allocated to hear your case.

This really shouldn't be, as you expect judges to be fair and impartial and to consider all merits of the case, but this is not the case and highlights the inconsistencies in the justice system.

I came home yesterday to find that the court on their OWN initiative had ordered a stay on my shAbbey case. :-( After your experience I don't know if it's worth spending £65 to apply for a removal. I've spent £300 this month on AQ fees :eek:.

Nevertheless, please don't let this discourage you. As you know we are here supporting you :D. Enjoy your weekend, regroup and I'm sure we'll all help brainstorm with you and think of a new tack.

Could one of the site helpers please contact a MOD. They should really have Jo's litigation details and give some advice too.

Speak to you soon hon.

Dxx

My threads

deedee1310 v Abbey, deedee1310 v Capital One, deedee1310 v Halifax Plc, CapQuest CCJ, deedee1310 v Littlewoods & deedee1310 v Smile

If I have been of help in even the smallest way, please click the star and "add to my reputation" :p

Hi Jo

Couldn't feel more sorry for you if I tried.

Its yet another example of how there is NO consistency in our 'airy-fairy' Judicial system, and how totally embarassed by it those responsible should be. It is simply appalling that justice is totally down to the whims of individual Judges. There should be a cast-iron set of rules that ALL Judges MUST abide by, with NO room for mere whims. Every Court should behave in the same way, and if they don't the 'system' should bring them to account!

Above all, every one of us, Judges included, are human beings, made out of exactly the same flesh and blood, and entitled to respect and justice unless, of course, we do something very bad that deserves those things to be taken from us. Reclaiming bank charges is NOT bad, and DOES NOT deserve those things to be taken away from us. Your Judge, in common with many others that I have read about, seems to believe that bank charge claimants are some form of extremely bad human beings who have given up their rights - WE ARE NOT, and its time they realised that. Not even allowing you to put your case - how disrespectful is that??????????

Trouble is, Jo, there's virtually nothing we can do about it, except keep smiling in the knowledge that, eventually, we WILL win!:) :)

Do fill in the detail for us, as and when you feel able. Look forward to hearing more.

All the very best - Adam.;)

I do my best to be helpful, but at the end of the day I'm not a professional - please seek further advice if you're not sure. On the other hand, if I have helped, please click my scales - thanks ;)

Abbey - over £4k - Court claim issued & AQ filed ('Tish vs Abbey'). Alloc'n Hearing 21 Sept - Claim stayed 29/8/07.

Lloyds TSB - £3.5k - Court claim issued, defence rec'd and AQ filed; Alloc'n hearing 7th Sept Claim stayed 29/8/07! (JimmyBoy vs Lloyds')

MBNA - over £1k for mis-sold PPI - WON - approx £1500(IpswichWitch vs MBNA . . .)

Morning all

Thanks so much for your messages - sorry I kept you all hanging aroung yesterday, but I was so angry and upset I didn't want to re-live it that soon.

Here's what happenned:

Arrived early, checked in and sat quietly away from everyone else. Abbey rep comes to see me (now wish I hadn't left a spare seat beside me!). She was very young but very hoity-toity. Starts talking to me like I am a 4 year-old just starting school.

Her: "I take it you have come here today to resist the stay?"

Me: "A stay has not been granted yet, so no, I am prepared for a Prelim hearing, and then to object to a stay if it is proposed."

Her: "A stay WILL be granted - Judges across the country are uniformly granting stays now, pending the High Court case next year....you DO know about that I take it?"

Me: (blood starting to boil)"Of course I know about it, and I also know that stays are NOT being granted in every case. I am prepared for the Hearing to go ahead."

Her: "There won't be a Hearing today, nothing will happen - you do know it is only a Preliminary anyway? It appears that consumer groups are wrongly advising consumers to turn up prepared for a Hearing - they should be telling you to just turn up and accept a stay."

Me: (through gritted teeth) "How do you know what consumer groups are doing? Why do you assume I a member of a group? If I turned up unprepared, with no paperwork, and the Hearing went ahead, my claim could be struck out as I couldn't present my case. That doesn't appear to apply to you though. If a stay is so obviously going to be granted, why bother dragging me to court? Why not just write to the Judge, then he could write to me, and then I wouldn't be sitting here wasting my time and listening to you?

Her: The consumer groups are wrong - a stay is in your best interest.

Me: (white knuckles by now) "In my best interest? I don't think so - it quite clearly only favours the banks. Explain to me how it is in my best interest?"

Her: Erm, you seem very nervous - you do know it is all very informal today, don't you?" (Excellent avoidance technique there.)

Me: "I am not nervous, just furious with your presumptious attitude, and I would like you to go away and leave me alone."

She sloped off, and then the lady sitting opposite me leaned over and said she was obviously the next victim, as she was there against shabbey too. Sure enough the rep comes to her and starts the same speech. The lady said "yes, I heard it all, and now I do not wish to speak to you. We can have this discussion at the Hearing." Wish I had said that.

2pm came and went - the lady I had spoken to got called in at 2.30, and stormed out 5 minutes later. As she walked past she whispered "they ** won of course."

I wrote notes about all this while I was waiting, to pass the time, but my hand was shaking so much I am struggling to read them now!

I finally got called in at 2:55. The Judge started off by saying this hearing was to consider a stay, and he felt that this was the best course of action. He asked snooty to put forward her argument. Apparently my final hearing would probably be scheduled around the time of the test case; should I win, the bank could then appeal against judgement when they won the test case!!!!!!! Judge nodding as she spoke, and already writing the directions!!

When she finished, he just said yes, I am granting a stay pending the final outcome of the High Court case. I was not even asked for my comments.

But then I asked why the defendant had not put in an application for the stay, which would have invalidated the need for this hearing?

Apparently because the Judge had ordered the hearing to consider the stay? Anyway, you will receive the typed directions within 5 days. Quite a curt dismissal I thought. He stopped writing, and flicked through some papers.

"I have your AQ here with your proposed directions. Did you have help with these - they are very technical?"

"Yes sir, I had some assistance."

"Yes, I thought so." And then carries on writing. So obviously both of them knew, or assumed, that I was a member of a "consumer group," and I think they also thought I had just downloaded the directions without even understanding them. I was so close to needing to punch something by then!

But I then asked if I was allowed (!) to ask a question. Yes? he says.

"There is a possibility that the High Court case may be withdrawn, as reported by the BBC last week (exchange of worried glances for a moment between snooty and Judge), so how does that affect the stay? Would it be automatically lifted?"

Ah, says the Judge, should that happen, although unlikely, you would be at liberty to write to the Court to ask for the stay to be lifted. It would not be automatic.

"Thank you Sir. May I go now?" Yes he says, so I stood up and left.

Snooty stayed there, and they probably had a good laugh at my expense.

I had some time to kill before picking the boys up from football training, so I marched into my local and downed a large vodka! A very unusual thing for me to do at 3:30 in the afternoon, I hasten to add! Seething is an understatement. I knew a stay was probably inevitable, but I thought I might at least have been able to put my objections forward.

So I am really sorry that all the time everyone has spent helping me, and all the effort I put in myself, was completely wasted.

And then to top it all, Ireland got completely stuffed in the Rugby last night!:mad:

Strains of "coz you had a bad day...." still lingering in my head!!!

Sincere thanks again to all of you - and I will still always be around to offer help, if I can.

Lotsa luv

Jo xx

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

Hi Jo

Many thanks for all that. It really does underline what I've said in my post, just above yours! TOTALLY disrespectful of the Judge not to even allow you to put your VERY valid reasons why there should be NO stay in your case, and indeed in ALL cases where Abbey have admitted to breach of contract.

Keep smiling, Jo - we WILL win, eventually - Adam.;)

Jo what an ordeal!

I'm totally disgusted by the way the inconsistancy of the Judges decisions is allowed. We have a right to a fair trial as we are the claiments but I feel we are being abused at every opportunity. The Justice system must be laughing their socks off at our expence. We need someone higher up the food chain to finally put an end to this abuse.

I really feel for you Jo, you were prepared and were cast aside.

Such bad luck.

Night Owl

Got Debt problems?

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

Hang in there Jo, just cos the courts are following the banks like sheep probably means that the lot of them will catch a dose of foot and mouth ...... if there really is any justice under heaven. :mad:

Have a chuckle at the idea of all the bank officials and the judges having stiff limbs and sore mouths as they try to lie to us and tell us that they're acting in our best interests. :rolleyes:

Thanks T - that really did brighten my day!:D

Thank-you all for your kind words regarding my nightmare - I wouldn't wish that to happen to my worst enemy, .........we-ell, maybe I would ;) but I hope no-one here receives the same horrific treatment.

Deedee - thanks for your support as ever; I am sorry to hear about your stay, but I would rather have received the letter on the doormat than been treated like said mat! I will PM you at some stage.

Thanks a million all - being a member here has really restored my faith in human nature.

You are the best

Jo xxxxxxxx

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

hiya jo just taken a while to catch up god what an ordeal you went through no wonder u needed a stiff one :Ddrink that is in seriousness im really horrified at the way they belittlled you there its awful and the abbey woman what was objective in talking to u to put you offside before you even got in there so you must have felt unnerved straight away and then for the judge to not even want to listen well i dont understand why they needed you to go just to humilate you seems likely cos the abbey woman seemed to be quite knowelgable about what was gonna happen seems as if they are in it togther doesnt it.Im so sorry for u love hopefully youve calmed a bit now have a few drinkies tonight love itll make it feel better xxxkia

Hello Jo,

I am sorry to hear your news. There is an interesting note on thread 'Urgent info needed to confirm a bank leak' 7th Sept by Olden. I'm sure there are special people like White Knights and Fairy Godmothers working away unnoticed in our midst. They will see the right thing is done and may the demons be banished.

Pecker up, we shall not we shall not be moved and walk on walk on with hope in your heart and you'll never walk alone. (if you can sing either of those songs loud enough we can all join in!)

Determind X

Sorry to hear that you had to go through that charade. The scales have tipped too far the way of the Banks. The OFT have our best interest at heart but the banks have even managed to hijack them to their own benefit. What the banks don't realise is that they are currently winning the skirmishes but the war has not even begun. We have the greatest weapon of all at our disposal, our feet. We can vote with our feet, eventually a few of the smaller banks/building societies will wake up and smell the coffee and begin to treat customers as valued assets not cash cows. Northern Rock had a rude awakening, their customers lost faith and created a run on them, they will not be the last to underestimate the mood of their customers and suffer at their hands. People power rocks.

Awww I am so sorry lovey that Judge sounds like they were a complete arse! It makes my blood boil that some of the judiciary can be so superior in their attitudes and so off hand to people who they may consider to be inferior - come the revolution!! It makes you want to lodge a complaint! He'll get his comeuppence in the end and you'll get your money back even if you do have to wait a little longer. Take heart from PSM's thread - things look more positive there and perhaps we can all utilise the information she is kindly providing we can persuade Judges not just to grant a stay.

I hope you are feeling much better today and that you've put Friday's experience behind you.

Sue x

here here my thoughts exactly PSM ive always thouht that banks take the p..s out of us ordinary folk but like u say we will win the war maybe lose the odd skirmish :Dbut we will win and like u say people will only take so much and then there will be a mass exodus to banks that dont charge xxkia

:( so sorry jo

Sort of know how you are feeling right now- my case has been stayed - these ruddy judge's think we just download everything and stick in it in envelope. It has been really hard work trying to understand everything and it is so trying, both mentally and physically. I feel so let down - you have worked so hard and followed every rule to the letter!!!!!:mad:

And as for that abbey girl i would have give her a piece of my mind and would have probably got myself on central news :o

keep your chin up (guess not wearing those fishnet didnt help oops;) )

love chelli

XX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Chelli,

never mind the Judges thinking that all we do is just download everything and stick it in an envelope, the banks have been sending out automated letters for years!!!!

Night Owl

Got Debt problems?