Ppi And Medical Conditions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4828 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All

I have and still do pay PPI on 2 credit cards and various loans from the co-op bank over the last 6 yrs.

Now as i understand it the ppi does not pay out for pre-existing medical conditions, Now as i had a stoke some 20 yrs ago and i was not asked medical questions is this grounds for mis-sold policy also can i only go back 6 yrs or is this differant to bank charges.

Regards

Pompeyfaith

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

ONGOING AND STILL ONGOING

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

I would say you need to check whether or not they would pay out if anything were to happen that was linked to your previous medical conditions (I sincerely hope nothing does). If they won't pay out, then I would say IMHO that you have been mis-sold a policy

HFC Bank - First letter claiming £196/LBA sent/£75 offered/rejected/Claim filed

HFC Bank Take 2 - Statements received

A & L - Prelim sent/LBA sent

Barclays (for my Dad) - Awaiting statements/LBA for S.A.R. sent/Statements received/Prelim sent/LBA sent

A & L (for my Son) - Awaiting statements/Statements arrived Prelim letter sent/£280 offered and rejected

Abbey (for my Sister) - ***Won***

Barclays PPI claim

Studio - ***Won***

HSBC - (for my brother-in-law) ***Won*** 8-)

At the time you took out the PPI was it made clear to you that it would not cover for pre excisting medical conditions etc, If NOT. you have been Mis-Sold the policy.

Did you tell them at the time about the pre excisting medical condition ?

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

did not tell them at the time as i was not asked and i did not think at the time it was revelent i have no policy was not given one all i have is load agreements with the ppi listed on there the loan was arranged over phone if fact come to thing of it i can even remember being asked if i wanted iti just had the paperwork though post which i just signed and returned

Regards

pompeyfaith

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

oh and no it was not made clear that it did not cover pre-excisting medical conditions

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

You dont eeven have a copy of the PPI Policy ?, There may not even be on in place, you could be paying for something that does not exist, That may sound bad , but it does happen a lot.

You need to find out from them who the PPI is with and submit a SAR to the Insurance company.

Good Luck

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

• 1 year later...

ok an up date the insurance for my co-op loan is though legal and general the insurance for my credit cards im still not sure who they are with i phoned MBNA and told them i wish to instigate my insurance cover for which i was paying about £55 a mth for although it varied one mth to the other and after them asking me various questions that it does not cover me on two accounts one being the stroke i had and the other being i made myself unemployed although that im sure i have a good case on that one as i was my redundant.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN