Bank Charges A&L

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6116 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, have sent of my SAR this week with fee,used template on this forum.

Can anyone give me any advice on next steps? Should i seek out a new bank account now or wait?

Any advice would be welcome.

:confused:

i havent opened a new account yet, but will probably have to, in my letter to A&L requesting charges to be refunded i also stated that i was aware if they closed my account i am able to make a complaint to the financial ombudsman and may be awarded compensation if they closed my account, they offered me less than a third of what im claiming and stated if i accepted it they would keep operating my account, sort of blackmail i think, took advice from people on here, tore the cheque in half and returned it and politley said " no thanks i want the lot" good luck

Hi Bakery,

It is recommended to open a parachute account as A&L will more than likely close your account.

Your statements will probably come around the 40th day after they received your SAR , so this would be a good time to spend the next few weeks reading through other A&L threads to get a feel of what to expect.

Also read through the FAQs and Bank template letters section as this will give you the procedures for you to follow.

Good luck

Joe

Hi, None are "good" but natwest have the more flexible acc with a solo card if your credit rating isnt too good, if your credit rating isnt an issue...any other bank will do!!

jenny

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, have received statements from A&L this week have toted up how much charges they have taken and it is £750.

I know i have to send of the letter to reclaim these charges but would appreciate any advice before i do this!!!

Thanks

Enter your charges into a s/s for a schedule of chrages.

Use the Simple S/S here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

See here for a visual guide:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bcard-woolwich-successes/7226-maisielou-barclays.html#post50088

When entering your charges, don’t delete anything first. Just overwrite the existing examples: type of charge, amount and date.

The ‘Days Since’ and ‘8% Interest’ columns will be calculated automatically

Save it (for use later at court), then delete/hide the last 2 columns (8% bits) and print out as your schedule of charges for the preliminary and LBA letters

and then send the preliminary letter here:

2. Letter - Preliminary approach for repayment.

• 3 weeks later...

Have sent off preliminary letter today so will wait and see what comes back if nothing in 14 days will send next letter, a bit later than i thought getting this done something always seems to pop up at the worst time .

Keep you informed.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all letter in today from A&L refusing to refund charges, they claim the OFT's comments refer to credit card payments only and not current accounts, they also claim their fees are reasonable, ye right!

Any thoughts or should i just send the next letter to them??

Hi all letter in today from A&L refusing to refund charges, they claim the OFT's comments refer to credit card payments only and not current accounts, they also claim their fees are reasonable, ye right!

Hi, can someone tell me even if they have responded to first letter for request for payment can i still send the LBA letter or can i go straight for the N1 form

Am holding back for reply, sure i should send the LBA but it does start of saying " as you have not replied to my request for payment".

Thanks

Cheers Michael just wanted to be sure, have just found this quote in a post and i think this shows where the A&L have got this muck they have sent me in letter regards credit card charges, funny how they have not quoted regards OFT's review of bank charges, good mind to send them this quote but will stick to plan.

steve

1. In March 2007 the OFT announced a formal investigation into the fairness of unauthorised overdraft and returned item fees (referred to as 'unauthorised overdraft charges'). This followed on from the OFT's initial review of such charges, where the OFT concluded that it shared the public concern about the level and incidence of bank current account charges, but recognised that applying the general principles set out in 2006 in relation to credit card charges is not straight forward.