sidog70 v Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6495 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thought i would let you all know i have just done my DPA letter, and will be sending this off tomorrow.

Fingers crossed because i have been with halifax for about 18 1/2 yrs and have had shed loads of bank charges.

I've made an appt to see my bank mangeress on friday, to try and get my bank charges back if i dont get them, then im going to present her with DPA latter and £10 for 6 yrs statements.

I have this persons name now and i'm going to deal direct with her even if it comes down to me serving her in the bank with my request to take halfax to court.

Will keep you updated

sidog70,

you mention £10 to get 6 years statements. i just called halifax bank accounts (08457 203040) and they raised a case for a letter to be sent to me with all charge details for last 6 years. No fee for this service mentioned. If at all poss i wouldn't give halifax more money ( for info about money they've taken )which you are legally entitled to under DPA regulations.

will add to this if i get an invoice on the post next week....

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett

My bank manager informed me that the charges were £5 per statement, but if a larger number were requested, this was "open to negotiation", whatever he meant. I informed him that to date the bank have no real formal charge, as i've seen a nil charge right up to £10 on this site. he didn't respond!

Needless to say, he has passed on my DPA request to head office, but despite 30 years loyalty, they still haven't seen fit to respond to my complaint, ( The bank manager has responded, but know one has made contact with me at HO yet) and this is now 8 days after we last spoke on the telephone. Disgraceful service!!

My original DPA request was delivered almost 20 days ago, so i'm starting to think about my letter of complaint to the Information Commissioner.

I'm going to deliver one last letter of reminder on Saturday, and the request for a free service on the DPA info, and a note on the number of days they have left to provide me with the information.

They have 40 days in which to produce the data requested. You will have to be patient

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

Had my meeting with the bank manageress today, i asked her if she thought the charge of £39 for unpaid dd was fair which she relpied 'no but this is our legislation' upon this is advised her that the law states they are only allowed to reclaim a charge that covers there costs and £39 is extortionate. She was not prepared to discuss my charges and i give her my DPA letter, which to be honest she was bemused reading it and made an excuse she must go and see the actual bank manager to see were to send this form, i was sat there a good 10 mins before she returned to say it goes to newcastle and they will send it and there will be no cost..

Now waiting for the statements to arrive which she advised would be within 14 days.

Confirm it all to her in writing.

Well she made various commitments to you verbally. However, supposing that it doesn't happen and they say to you, this is not what was agreed, yo muis understood, our staff would bever say that etc...

Write a letter recording exactly what she said and what she promised and send them the letter recorded ASAP. Say that you are now looking forward to it all happening.

Always do this after any conversation with the banks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

UPDATE ***********

Have now received a letter this morning from halifax, they are offering me £260 (my claim is for £2,116.24). I can assure halifax i will not be accepting this punitive amount. My question is do i now go and file the moneyclaim or send another letter to them asking for all the money back.

LOL it has blindman

Just give halifax customer relations call to give them one last chance to pay up in full before sending the LBA, they now have gone from offering me £260 to £512 which i advised is still far short of the £2116 im claiming, she advised that would send me a letter to advise that £512 would be there last offer and have exhausted there complaints procedure and now i would need to take this up with the ombudsman, i advised that i would not be doing this but sending a letter giving halifax to pay the full amount in 14 days or i will be suing them for the full amount. The lady advised that my complaint would now need to be noted to say that im going to sue halifax.

Have i spoilt my claim in anyway by phoning them today ????

I don't think so at all. You have given them time and deadlines, they have treated the final offer as their last, you have told them what you are going to do to recover your money.

Would suggest waiting until the deadline you set has expired before issuing your claim - they may get their lines crossed and someone else may offer you a fuller refund. Would also suggest writing another DPA request asking for copies or transcripts of ALL telephone conversations between you and the bank.

Good luck.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Guest blindman

IMHO

I wouldn't say so, you have in fact speeded things up because instead of waiting for their reply to your LBA, you've already had it.

I would send an LBA but worded "After the 'phone call (date) with (whoever) In which my claim for full payment of charges was verbally denied I intend to start small claims proceedings immediately.

Or words to that effect.

(That's my opinion...)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

an interesting and unique turn of event today, logged on to moneyclaim to check how the claim was progressing along, my judgement has now progressed and from what i can see has a message there saying that the defendant(Halifax) have admitted to owing me the money.

Has anyone else come across this before with Halifax, i always thought Halifax made us sweat til the last minute.

Not heard of this one - will watch closely.!

Egg Data Protection Act Statements arrived. On hold.

Halifax - Moneyclaim £3100

Amex to Remove Default - acknowledged didn't issue correct documents - default removed :) . £135 paid in full without Court

I'm on a roll now :rolleyes:

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6495 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks