pops v Barclays

pops
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6100 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Again

Could somebody clear something up for me, in the particulars of claim:

c) The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year, from [date when the money became owed to you] to 14/06/2007 of £362.82 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of £0.50.

The "date when the money became owed to you", is this the date of my first charge?

Thanks

Right guys,

Im ready to take my N1 form down to the local couty court.

I just wanted to check:

I have my completed N1 form and attached a schedule of charges with the Charge Date, Name, Days since offence, and 8% interest column. Is this correct?

Yes you seem to have everything in good order!!

and Yes [date when the money became owed to you], this is the first charge date!!

If my advice has helped please click my scales

Should you require any further help feel free to pm me.

Nat West 2nd Acc

Prelim letter sent 8th Feb '07

:) Full Settlement Offer 24th Feb '07:)

:pMONEY BACK IN ACC ON MARCH THE FIRST '07:p

Nat West 1st Acc

Filed at court 2nd of Feb '07

Acknowledged on 15th of Feb '07

:rolleyes: Defence submitted 1st March 2007 :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

I filed my Claim at my Local county court (Bolton) on 14th June, Barclays Acknowledged my claim 4 days later on the 18th!!

Since they had till 2nd July to acknowledge the claim, does this mean that they have another 14 days from the 18th to file their defence or 14 days from 2nd July?

Are you sure that they acknowledge, or that they were served. Seems very quick.

Usual timescale

5 days to be deemed served

14 from date of service to acknowledge

28 days from date of service to enter defence

madeleine150x120.gif

Hi Pops just to let you know that B's were very quick with acknowledgement and defence with my claim with MCOL, although I have heard nothing from the courts since they entered a defence on the 12th June. Hope this is of some help to you.

Beamie:)

Deemed served on 4th June acknowledged and defended by 12th June

I got a letter from the court giving details of my claim, and when they had to acknowledge by and the day after i got another letter saying barclays had acknowledged my claim, it said something like the defendant intends to defend all the claim, and also gave the name and address of the people who filed the acknowledgment. I will double check when i get home, but am pretty sure.

They still have 28 days to defend from when the claim was deemed served no matter how quick they acknowledge. Dont forget though they often defend at the last minute or late (which they seem to get away with!!)

28/2/07

Sent request for repayment of charges totalling £2,800 (I want it ALL back!).

8/3/07

Barclays send sorry your not happy letter

14/3/07

Letter before action sent

25/4/07

Barclays offer £1,790

27/4/07

Thanks but no thanks to the offer sent

28/4/07

Filed with mcol, now looking at a figure of £3,500, they should of paid up when i asked nicely :-D

11/5/07

Barclays acknowledge claim

30/5/07

Barclays defend claim

19/6/07

Received notice of transfer to Northampton County Court and barclays excuse for a defence!!!

Hi Guys

I received an offer from Barclays yesterday which is £1000 less than my claim, if i do not wish to accept, do i stil need to reply as it is already being processed in court and Barclays have acknowledged.

Thanks

If you don't want ot accept, send a rejection letter

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html

Letter No 5 or 6

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

Hi Guys

Just panicking a little here,

I received an offer from Barclays £1715 (Original claim £2782), my claim is currently being processed in the courts. And they have acknowledged and have till 12th July to file a defence.

I am going on holiday on the 14th September, my local court have been very quick so far (i used the N1 route).

What in your experience would be the likelihood of barclays settling before i go on holiday, im just debating whether to take up their offer or not.

Many Thanks in advance.

It would all depend on when you would get a court date you say your court have been very quick upto now .... thats mainly because upto now things have to happen by a set time frame ... ie from you filing the claim its served to the defendant within 5 days ... Defendant must either defend within 14 days or acknowledge within 14 days to allow them a further 14 days to submit defence

It now depends on how busy your court is .......

Hi Again

Ive just called My local court, they state that id probably be around Oct/Nov time for a court date.

Could anyone advise in your experiences what would be the best course of action at this stage, bearing in mind i need the money for 14 september. I am considering accepting their offer, but in light of the fact that it is already being processed by the courts, would i be able to negotiate at all.

Your help and advice is greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

Just a query really.

Barclays had till the 14th to file a defence which they havn't, as of yet. I am aware of taking into accout postal delays etc. But from reading various posts how long should i wait before filing for judgement as a minimum. i filed my claim at the court and not through MCOL.

How would the courts handle Barclays filing a defence late?

Could anybody explain what setting the judgement aside is please?

Many thanks for your time.

before you file for judgement speak to the court first, they may have received the defence but not updated your file.....banks are being allowed to enter their defence late for some reason,

make sure the judge is willing to back you up for judgement as it will only delay things if they request it to be removed

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Hi Darren

Thanks for your reply, what does "back me up for judgement mean", sorry i'm just a little new to these thing.

Thanks

sometimes you get a judge that is fully aware of the abuse of the system from banks and do not tolerate their attitude of filing 'when they feel like it' and will kick it out and award you judgement.

Others for some unknown reason seem to back them up allowing them all the time they need.

you can bet if they were filing against you.....you wouldnt be allowed the extra time.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

5 threads merged

Please keep to the one thread when updating or asking questions.This is for your benefit as you will recieve more informed advice if people can see at a glance what you have done so far :)

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.