Makenzie Hall - please help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5296 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all new to the site - but have found it very helpful. I received a letter from them asking me to contact them - I know there is a slight difference of opinion about wether I should have or not. But armed with the info on this site I did.

I spoke to a bloke called Neil who was a power talker and told me I owe £159:00 for phone charges. He told me that the phone company 'peoples phones' had sent me letters requesting the amount. They have not. He told me that the alledged debt was transferred to MH on the 2/06/07. I then asked him who transferred the debt he hesitated then said it was a firm called BARDE. I enquired further and he told me that they were based out side the UK. I asked for the date of the alledged debt and was told all i needed to know was that I owed MH £159:00 and that they were dealing with matters now. I then told him that i did not acknowledge ther debt and asked him what he proposed to do. He said he would be taking further action - once he has received advice from his client. I asked what this further action might be he stated that he 'didnt want to take me down the wrong path' I pushed him further on what action he would be taking again he appeared unsure. I then told him it was bollocks and that if any one would be taking action it would be me.

Any thoughts any one.

Thanks

Partygameface

I think you handled Neil very well yourself. They would not be used to people answering back:-D

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My favourite tactic now is to ask for a copy of the last bill from their clients before I commit to anything.

I tend not to talk to them as I had a bad experience with one claiming I had agreed to £10 a week payment when I had agreed to £10 for them to send me statements...

Hi,

my husband has just recieved a letter from these people stating that he has to contact them regarding a personal matter but it doesnt state what.

I have tried to phone them but it rings a few times and then goes of.

What should I do?

Thans for your help

Louise:???:

1 piece of advise you will see time and time again on this site is:

NEVER TALK TO THEM ON THE 'PHONE!!

If you answer the 'phone to them, refuse to answer the security questions and just repeat that you want everything in writing, don't worry about sounding rude. They will eventually write to tell you what they want. Keep all letters they send you.

When they contact you, if you need more help, start your own thread and you will get lots of support.

Best wishes ;)

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

Hi,

my husband has just recieved a letter from these people stating that he has to contact them regarding a personal matter but it doesnt state what.

I have tried to phone them but it rings a few times and then goes of.

What should I do?

Thans for your help

Louise:???:

These folk are well known for their fishing trips. Your husband may not be the person but just have a similar name to someone they are seeking over some alleged debt. If you or your hubby speak to them they will do their best to saddle you with this alleged debt. They are cowboys and not reknowned for their courtesy.

NEVER EVER SPEAK TO THEM

hi all, am new on here, I also received a letter today, so thought it a bit susso looked up on web and guess what found you lot. I have a feeling it may be regarding to my x husband, who built up a lot of debt when we split, I don't understand why a company in scotland would take on a debt from cheshire?? I might phone them just to see if they are after my x as I know I have not got any debts. I have received letters from other debt collection agencies regarding my x at my address where he hads never lived. Some advice pls. thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, At Least You Got A Letter From Them, I Asked 16th June, They Cashed Cheque(partners Signature), Yet No Info At All, So Sent Them Another Typed Letter Stating I Formally Want All The Money I Paid Them (85 Pound) Over The Few Months,as They Havent Sent Proof Of Assignment Or Cca Request At All. Just Sent Letter Today,so Heres Hoping.lol.btw, Mine Is For Studio Too.

East Ayshire Trading Standards have a great interest in the activities of these NUMPTIES

Department of Neighbourhood Services

Executive Director: William Stafford. MCIWM, MREHIS

Trading Standards Service 14 London Road KILMARNOCK

Tel: (01563) 521502 FAX: (01563) 554379 COUNCIL

Yes, I've had a letter from East Ayshire TS :D

Consumer direct reported MH to them on my behalf :p

East Ayrshire TS must have a full time team dealing with these twats judging by the amount of complaints they have from them.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh dear *cough*...

Studio have confirmed with my local Trading Standards that they never had a CCA for this alledged debt :mad:

How dare they pass it to MH for collection :mad:.

Not surprising then that MH passed back to Studio as soon as TS got involved :rolleyes:

Wonder how many breaches of the data protection act both companies commited :eek:

• 3 weeks later...

Talk about confused!! I'm assuming Stupot's thread has been moved. I'd just nipped off to copy this http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=119

and when i came back his posts had gone! :D

Talk about quick work :p

I suppose I'd better move your posts then. Ho hum.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I suppose I'd better move your posts then. Ho hum.

Please don't confuse me any more! :D