Forriesmum v Barclays

forriesmum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6121 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been lurking for some time - well here goes!!

I sent my first letter to BB by regular post (but forgot my £10 cheque! Ooops!) 3 weeks later I sent a copy letter but enclosed cheque this time, this time by recorded delivery.

Over 40 days now and nothing, so phoned Barclays who were on the surface very helpful/friendly on the phone - BUT said that they hadn't received either of my letters (sent to Churchill Place), the lady said thatI will receive a letter this week acknowledging my claim and that I needn't have sent my statement request letter - does this sound familiar and am I being fobbed off?

Still no statements from Barclays so I got them on the phone today and they are stalling apparantly I have been really unlucky with not receiving my statements or figures yet - despite sending my request on 13th April - only excuse is that there are too many of us claiming!!

I will be sending out letter number two tomorrow.

And on the good side Halifax have accepted my Easy cash account and they even sent an electron card out to me today so once this is sorted Barclays can get fu**ed!!!!!!!!! I can't wait!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My statements arrived today on on a quick tot up the charges come to over £4000!! I cannot believe that they have taken all this money from me, so now the hard work begins as I guess as this is a large sum that I don't have a hope in having this settled quickly or amicably!

I must now get my head around the spreadsheets and start punching numbers

...and that £4k with interest and the 'sure to come' 8% will give you a nice little figure to be playing with! Good luck with it all. Remember the golden rule of 'Your Claim, Your Timescale.' Be leaniant, but firm, and all will work out as you hope in the end.

Peter

Sign my petition to the Prime Minister here:

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!

Today I sent my charges and request for payment to Barclays £2345 is the total so far, but I have more charges since then so the skies the limit, I didn't include any interest I hope that I have done the right thing - WISH ME LUCK!!!

• 1 month later...

I finally got my offer from Barclays today, they offered me £3055, as opposed to the amount, which is still rising of £4235 with recent charges to be added plus possible interest, initial feeling was to take it - but I know I should go for the full amount, what do you all think? How long could I be waiting for my money if I go for the full amount? Should I wait it out? :|

Hi forries

Claimants who've had offers for over 50% often ask this question of the forum users and always the same reply comes back that only you are in the position to know whether it's worth it for you to grab and run -v- hanging on a few months and getting every penny due to you (plus 8% interest on top).

I always say download the spreadsheet, stick in your figures and see what the true value of the claim is with the 8% added (ie what you'll be owed at the point of filing a claim). For charges going back a few years, the 8% adds a heck of a lot so you may well be surrendering a lot more than you realise.

Sounds like you have children so I appreciate that making a fast deal can be tempting especially with summer hols on us however if you can manage without the money til after Autumn perhaps, just think what a Christmas present getting ALL of it back will be. :)

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

Well I think I will go for it, although reading some of the threads about the court bundles etc, it seems like a huge amount of paperwork for someone like me, who is totally rubbish at stuff like that, still it is a BIG amount of money and no pain no gain ! :o

that's the spirit! :D and don't forget, since you haven't filed your claim yet, you can add on any more charges that arise up to the date of taking your application into court - Barclays won't argue that they didn't appear on the intial Prel or LBA, it's more cost effective for them to give you one payout than double their admin and legal costs doing it all over again later in the year.

I know it seems daunting however read through all the essentials such as the step by step guide and follow the sit'e tried and tested method exactly. You will get your money back and any worries or hiccups along the way, you just post on your thread and you'll get plenty of answers/advise in less than 24 hours. :)

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41