patrisha11 v Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6174 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I,ve just sent off my request for refund ( via template letter) along with spreadsheet and interest calc. ( asking for £2.000) giving them the stat. 14 days to reply, which they did only to say -

" The financial services authority gives us 8 weeks to investigate and respond to complaints".

Has anybody else had this reply..

Trisha (poor ex halifax customer)

Guest louis wu

Hi,

The reply you got is standard.

The 8 weeks is their tmescale and means nothing, so disregard it.

Stick to your timescale, and send the LBA when you said you would.

Best of luck

Louis

std rubbish.

i'd start a thread in the halifax forum & also read a few of the others

that should give you a pretty good idea of what else to expect.

dx100uk:)

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I applied for and recieved ten years worth of astatements sent off my letter and schedule of charges plus interest totalling £2.000.

After 4 weeks have received an offer for£ 917.00 strange amount??

Am debating what to do, but feel I am going to call them and refuse the offer, havingalready bought the Small claims pack'

Trouble is my a/c has an overdraft of approx £1400.00 in joint names with my ex husband and myself, ( caused in fact by charges levied on myself during the break up of a marriage even thought i asked them several times to freeze the account due to my ex-husband going abroad) so I will not benefit from the refunded charges, as I am currently paying it off at £10.00 p.m.

So cant loose anything by taking it further into small claims court can i.

Keep you posted.

Thanks for all the great advice.

Patrisha11

Hi Patrisha.

Go for it, Girl.....Go for the lot.

It wll pay off your overdraft and still leave you enough for a good night out.

Interested that you managed to get ten years statements as most banks are only producing six years-worth. We are trying to find out exactly how far back the banks do have.

Please keep us up to date on all developments.

Good luck.

Regards, Rooster.

• Haha 1

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

• 1 month later...

HI,

Halifax have logged a defence to my on-line proceedings. Offering me a proportion of the charges dating back 6 years, ignoring my claim for 10 years worth sent to them on a shedule.

Shall I continue with the lcaim or accept the proportionate offer. They state that they do not admit liability but on a purely commercial basis it will costs them legal costs.

Has anybody continued after this stage.

Patrisha11:-x

HI,

Halifax have logged a defence to my on-line proceedings. Offering me a proportion of the charges dating back 6 years, ignoring my claim for 10 years worth sent to them on a shedule.

Shall I continue with the lcaim or accept the proportionate offer. They state that they do not admit liability but on a purely commercial basis it will costs them legal costs.

Has anybody continued after this stage.

Patrisha11:-x

This is the Welcome Forum and not only that is someone elses thread - I will ask that this gets moved to the Halifax forum where you will be more likely to get replies.

But, yes, continue with your claim, this is not the first time this has happened.

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

Merged 2 threads & posts in welcome forum to 1 thread - please try to stick to this one thread, thanks :)

Cheers

Michael

Please note that the right to reproduce any part of any post I make on this forum is restricted under copyright law.

Please see the following copyright statement

Sorry all,

posted in wrong thread,

would appreciate any advice on similar situations, and what you did to deal with it.

I am in receipt of ltter offerring 3/4 of amount claimed now.. Do i just ignore the letter from halifax legal dept & let the case continue thru on-line court, or do i need to reply to Halifax as well.

Trisha:shock:

hi,

I would like to continue with claim, after all the hassle.. However dont want to loose the 3/4 amount offerred.

It appears they have only offerred payment for 5 years even thought i sent schedule for ten years worth of charges. ( dating back to 1996) even tho I asked for ten years of statements and they sent them to me..?????

If i send a rejection letter as i did last time acceptingtheir offer but only in part settlement, will it cost me any more in court re fees etc, if i loose or they counter defend??

Trisha :eek: