Help & guidedance needed !!!

galamags

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5227 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Iam looking for a little help.

On 28/2/07 I wrote to the Abbey with a complaint about bank charges.

On 8/03/07 they wrote back saying sorry but go away.

19/03 I wrote requested my last 5 years bank statements .Late march they sent me these holding letter saying shut up sit down we will be back in contact in 4 weeks.

end of april another 4 week letter & today another letter just stating we will be back in contact . Still no signs of my statements though.

WHAT DO I DO NEXT

They really are taking the mick with you aren't they? email [email protected] she is in the data protection dept. Tell her the dates etc of when you initially wrote the letters to Abbey. I presume that you did send the initial request from the letter template from this site? and also included the ten pounds?

Tell her that you intend to take this matter further.

Then send a LBA regarding your SAR request, This has gone on long enough and you should report them

I won against MBNA, Nat West , Barclays, Barclaycard and PPI payments from Barclaycard

Abbey National still to go.... what will I do with my spare time?

LBA= Letter before Action. Informing Abbey that you will report them for not complying with your SAR request.

I beleive that there is a template for this somewhere, try this link http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

Good Luck and keep us posted. We are all here to help each other.

I won against MBNA, Nat West , Barclays, Barclaycard and PPI payments from Barclaycard

Abbey National still to go.... what will I do with my spare time?

Hi Galamags,

Welcome to the site. LBA is Letter Before Action and is the final letter you send before making your claim through the courts

Good Luck

Jo

HFC Bank - First letter claiming £196/LBA sent/£75 offered/rejected/Claim filed

HFC Bank Take 2 - Statements received

A & L - Prelim sent/LBA sent

Barclays (for my Dad) - Awaiting statements/LBA for S.A.R. sent/Statements received/Prelim sent/LBA sent

A & L (for my Son) - Awaiting statements/Statements arrived Prelim letter sent/£280 offered and rejected

Abbey (for my Sister) - ***Won***

Barclays PPI claim

Studio - ***Won***

HSBC - (for my brother-in-law) ***Won*** 8-)

Spooky!!

Barclays (for my Dad) - Awaiting statements/LBA for S.A.R. sent/Statements received/Prelim sent/LBA sent

A & L (for my Son) - Awaiting statements/Statements arrived Prelim letter sent/£280 offered and rejected

Barclays PPI claim

Studio - ***Won***

Thanks for all guys . Have email Ms Small today ,Will keep everyone informed but for example in January my charges were £380 alone so I will be expecting to make a rather large claim.I will need though help & guidance through it.

Many thanks to all

We all need the help and guidance and that is what makes this site fantastic, everyone's so willing to help.

Barclays PPI claim

Studio - ***Won***

Hi Guys

more help needed.

I emailed sheens small last tuesday still not heard anything back.

What does anyone suggest??.To recap I asked for statements on 19/03 I admit I asked in the form of a letter but never enclosed a £10 fee.

Should I just begin again from the beginning & go for the jugular as it is now over 3 months since I first complained to the shabbey & just got the standard wait another 4 weeks letters in reply. As we all know trying to get someone on the phone in as impossible as pigs flyings.

cheers in anticipation

Hi Galamags,

The problem is that under the Data Protection Act the Data Controller can insist on three things before releasing the information

1) That you are who you say you are and they can ask for further evidence if they so wish

2) The payment

3) The request

The reason for non compliance may not be any of these reasons, but if you haven't sent the payment, they could use it as an excuse. Also, did you send it recorded delivery? If you didn't you have no proof that they received the request (3).

I failed to send my SAR by recorded delivery but they did cash the cheque so I knew that they had received the request, but they still didn't comply.

I would say that you would probably be better off starting again IMHO

Good Luck

Barclays PPI claim

Studio - ***Won***