• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

nestie vs lloyds tsb ****WON****

nestie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6144 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The deadline for submitting AQ's was today. Initially I thought that only mine had to be in today and SCM would then get a copy of mine and have to file theirs in response (bit dim - all new to me!). Reading through other threads today (this site is obsessive - spent my lunchhour at work on this site today) realised that they both had to be in today. Phoned the court just after 4 pm and was told that they are up to date and all AQ's received today have been logged but that SCM have until 4.30pm to file theirs. Given that my court is Swansea and they are in Brighton are they likely to get it in by 4.30pm? The bloke I spoke to at court said that this case will be passed to a judge in the next few days and that if SCM still haven't filed an AQ he is likely to give them a few more days and if they still don't file on I will win by default.

Are they likely to get an AQ in at the last minute? and if not are they likely to in whatever the new timescale allowed is?

Have butterflies in my stomach when I think about this and can't stop dreaming about how getting the money back would ease my finances enormously (then try and stop dreaming in case I don't).

Can anyone advise me on SCM's likelihood of returning an AQ at literally the last minute and whether I stand much chance of winning by default?

Thanks

What happens next if they do? There are so many different threads with so many different scenarios i'm not sure what to expect next.

Also I copied the AQ on file so do I now have to file my court bundle within the next 14 days (as I said I would) or do I wait for the court to ask for it?

When I phoned the court the bloke I spoke to (same one as yesterday - really helpful) told me that I could put a letter in to them on Monday and ask for a judgement by default. He also said the judge may allow this but may also give them extra time to submit their AQ. Any thoughts or opinions please?

I wouldn't be too hasty about entering judgement as the courts do tend to allow the banks a few days grace when it comes to submitting their defence/AQ's etc. If this happens in your case and you've already entered judgement then the defendant will be allowed to apply for a set-a-side, this could delay the whole process a little further.

If my advice has helped please click my scales

Should you require any further help feel free to pm me.

Nat West 2nd Acc

Prelim letter sent 8th Feb '07

:) Full Settlement Offer 24th Feb '07:)

:pMONEY BACK IN ACC ON MARCH THE FIRST '07:p

Nat West 1st Acc

Filed at court 2nd of Feb '07

Acknowledged on 15th of Feb '07

:rolleyes: Defence submitted 1st March 2007 :rolleyes:

Definately worth waiting for further directions from the court, although a few phone calls wont go a miss, it may help to push your claim on!!

Nat West 2nd Acc

Nat West 1st Acc

I found with my claim against Nat West that regular calls to the court seemed to push things on a little quicker, it may just be coinsidence but I still believe they got hacked off with hearing from me and pushed things on.

Nat West 2nd Acc

Nat West 1st Acc

It is a fantastic site and has helped me to two great successes against Nat West, and it's also filled me with great knowledge which pleases me in being able to pass on to others.

We all want the same thing at the end of the day......OUR MONEY BACK!!!!

Nat West 2nd Acc

Nat West 1st Acc

I am going to check with the court again tomorrow just in case SCM have now submitted an AQ and if they haven't am going to write to them to prompt them (will fax the letter). Can someone have a look at the letter below to tell me if this is OK and any amendments I may need to make? Thanks.

Am also going to send a copy to the court but does anyone know of a polite covering letter I can send to the judge so that he doesn't think I'm stepping on his toes by allowing them more time when he is going to give them extra time (and possibly more than I have allowed)?

Letter:

You have not filed a defence for claim number 7******* at Swansea County Court, and the time to file a defence has now passed and judgement in default will be granted.

I am writing to give you one final opportunity to make full payment of £****.** plus court costs. This gives your client a final chance to settle before additional costs are added to the claim and more of the court systems time is wasted. As I am a member of the Consumer Action Group, I do not know of any cases that you have actually been to court to defend.

If I have not received payment in full by 4pm on Monday 18th June 2007 I will file for Judgment in Default.

I will be including this letter in my evidence to show that I have tried to communicate to negotiate an early settlement, and to show the judge that I believe the way you are handling these cases to be ‘An abuse of the court system process’.

If you would like to contact me regarding this letter please feel free to telephone me on ***********.

Thoughts please?

Thanks

bump

I want to get this letter off today - can anyone give me some advice please?

Also tell me if I should leave well alone and not send any letters yet.

Thanks

Hi, I spoke to a girl at the court a little while ago and she said that my file had gone to the judge this morning in relation to my request to have 8% interest added to my original claim and that when it comes back it'll have to go to him again for allocation. She said that he is then likely to give SCM a further 7 days himself so advised me not to send my letter as it'll give different time limits compared to his. Have decided not to send the letter - is this OK?

Quick update - phoned SCM this afternoon and spoke to a Tom Sweeney. He took my details and said that a colleague would phone me back later. No-one did so phoned them back just after 5 to 5 and their office was closed - message states they close at 5 - so will try again tomorrow.

Feeling good though - my 5 year old daughter rode her bike without stabilisers for the first time tonight and is bursting with pride. Also my son's giant african land snails have had loads of babies - any takers????

Good on your daughter....:)

But no thanks on the Snails.....:rolleyes:

Nat West 2nd Acc

Nat West 1st Acc

Quick update today.

After SCM didn't phone me back yesterday I phoned them back this morning. First time got through to a girl who said that the extension I needed was busy and to call back later. Phoned back 20 mins later and the bloke I got through refused to put me through to anyone as he said if I had been told that someone would phone me back they will when they can - fair enough! Chris Collins phoned me back about an hour and a half later and asked what it was I wanted. Explained that their AQ should have been in last week and again asked me what I wanted - should have thought that was obvious but he seemed like he wanted to be a pratt. Advised that I want to know what they plan on doing if they haven't bothered sending their AQ back yet. He told me that they are still preparing my AQ and the fact that they are late in doing this will only go in my favour if this goes to court - why do it then?? and why not just settle then??

Spoke to the court then and they said that judge likely to give them another 5 days or so but that this timescale is monitored rigidly and that if they don't file on time then judge could award judgement to me. Not sure if he does whether, at this stage, they could still apply to have the order set aside or whether because they've had two chances to get it in they can't apply for it to be set aside.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Sam