Pink Princess V Nationwide

pink princess
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6041 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from tesco and still nothing there :mad:

Looks like it's a buget holiday for me :o

Sorry copeswell ....................I knew it was daniel12 getting married in cyprus - just put wrong name :p

We got hitched in the town hall in paphos - very nice old greek building.

Has anyone seen channel 4 news tonight?

What does this means for us who have waited 28 days with mcol/n1?

Are we still gonna get our money? What about the wasted £120.00 court fee if we're not gonna get anything?

I'm really hacked off as that nw bloke told me to ring tomorrow - bet he bloomimg well knew all about this test case :mad:

I read about the test case on the BBC website as I am currently in NZ, this is a concerned. NW put their defence in yesterday on the day that the 28days was up!! Does this mean then that we could all end up going to court and not winning our claim now?

There is a thread above - right at the top. If you have a court case already - continue with it.......but the court may not make a decision until the OFT have made their decision - so yes really annoyed I am!

It seems it is up to the court decide whether to continue or not - but good news is that our foot is in the door when they do pay out - as I think OFT will agree in our favour - but possibly only a partial refund - I really do not know! So we will have to see what our individual courts do and just hope the court case is done sooner than later!

But it seems that they say the court will rule a stay on current claims. This means that we still wont get anything till after it's all settled!!!

I'm fuming at that bloke from nw - I really think he knew something when i spoke to him on tuesday. Fuming with my husband too - i was going to phone them yesterday (NW) , but no , He said to leave it till friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .............................And normally i dont listen to him :mad:

It is up to the individual court - but try and stay calm, I think OFT will rule in our favour and hopefully the refund process will be a lot easier - just keep fingers crossed our courts will want to go ahead!

Are you ringing Nationwide?

Well rung my court - still no defence submitted. Asked if judge had made a decision re yesterdays announcement - and to date nothing has changed. However, I can guarantee that Nationwide will defend and looks like I will have to do an allocation questionnaire which will cost £100 :(. Don't mind that as long as the judge continues with the case!

Hi - yes I rang NW and they said that absolutely NO claims will be refunded as of today, but if you had a letter this week it still stands.

The bloke at NW said that ALL claims have been suspended - even the court ones - and that it's not up to the individual court to decide if the case continues as THEY are taking the OFT to court along with the other banks!!!!!!!!! :confused:

Dont know why it's any different for them to take the oft to court, than it is for us to take them to court?????? :confused:

I reckon they are pretty sure that they will win - cos he said that NO refunds will be given if the court rule in their favour :confused:

CONFUSED? I AM......................................................

Typical it happens just as my 28 days were well over - I think there should be some rule that if you've gone this far you should be paid!!!!

I'm begruding the blooming court fee now, as I've got nothing to show for it! Even if it does pay out it'll be too late for everything i was planning :mad:

Well I cannot see how they can ignore the court - if the court decides to go ahead then surely Nationwide will have to deal with it! It may be an idea to do an individual thread and confirm what they have said to see if a moderator has any comments!

Yes I can understand it if, the court claim has not started yet but surely for the likes of us, it should still be able to go ahead.

I don't think they feel confident they are going to win - even if it is a partial refund some sort of refund should be given and yes I am very annoyed also at paying the court fee for this!!!!!!! They are not dealing with the general public but OFT!

Just wish I done it sooner seems very very unfair!

I am really sorry for everyone in this mess.This is probably the worst thing that could have happened.A blanket halt to all claims regardless of how far into the process you are.I feel it would have been much better to let all cases in the court system proceed but not to allow any further new claims.

I hope the banks lose big time and refund everyone without anyone having to wait or indeed use any form of court dealings.

This will be my last post as I feel any further comments by me would be inapropriate as one of the last to get my charges refunded.I will continue to follow this thread with interest and watch out for judgement in favour of bank customers not the banks.

Needless to say I wish everyone well with charges and those looking forward to holidays and weddings.

Take care all

Paula (my name in the real world).

Well Nationwide had until saturday to submit a defence - and got a letter today going on about the OFT court case but also said the following:-

You should be aware it is our intention to apply to the court for an order to stay your action until resolution of the bank's proceedings with the OFT. As a result your case is likely to be put on hold until the outcome of these proceeding is known.

Looks like I am at the judge's mercy

I received my defense from the courts today.. states that Nationwide defends the claim usual blah blah... and a hand written note from the court saying I would hear from the court in due course. Didnt mention the test case or anything else. Looks like we'll have to wait now.:p

• 4 weeks later...

Hiya pinkprincess

Thought it was about time i updated this site on my fight with good old NW :rolleyes:

I hadn't recieved any letters about stays from the NW or anything! Got back from my hols at the beginning of aug to see a letter from northampton court saying that my case had been transfered to leicester court.

But on the letter it gave them 14 days to apply for a stay. My letter was dated 26th july. Thought that I had to wait to hear from the court about dates and everything, but then thought i would re-read the letter.

Found after re-reading that the 14 days had been up a couple of days previously. whoowho i thought:)

Decided to ring leicester who then told me that NW had applied for a stay THAT morning:mad:

How come they can go over the allocated time slots????????????????

anywho............... when asked when they intended to let me know about this - horrid man told me 'when the post arrives'!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

To cut a long story short!! - he said that leicester county court ARE staying ALL bank cases :evil:

So that's it till the test case has finished apparently

Fill me in on how you are doing ok?

Laters

Well I havnt heard anything about my court case as yet... I was told I would hear in due course and am still waiting also there is no info yet on whats happening at my local court with regards to staying all cases so will just have to wait and see... Keep us updated as and when you hear anything :p