they will pay wont they?

suered123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6166 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

have you got anything in writing?

please be more specific; did you file at court?

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

Give the bank a ring. If you get no joy right them a letter. if you still get no joy then tell them you will send the baliffs in to recover your money. If it gets to that stage just ask and you will get help on this site!

the solicitors take 7-10 working days - so the bank may be the same -

keep checking your account - sometimes they just put it in.

i'd be for a friendly phone call to his office - can't send in the bailiffs if you haven't been to court i don't think - but you can certainly tell them you will be filing your claim which will then include interest and court costs if they don't get it to you soon.

thankyou both for your replies. The account was my sons and it was closed last year so a cheque was to be sent. I wont be able to ring data pro and all that but I will take your advice and send another letter. When the offer came it all seemed to good to be true.

the name is ok - we've heard of him before - i'd ring his office tomorrow and politely ask when you will be receiving the check.

if son can't call - you call - tell them he is working/ busy / whatever and could they ring him back at 6:30 pm or whenever he's there - they should be able to tell you if the cheque is on it's way - i did this for my son - and just rang to relay the message - sometimes that's easier - you ring - you say - i am calling on behalf of my son who can not ring during business hours - he has asked me to find out when you will be sending him the cheque - and if you have any problems telling me the information - could you be so kind as to ring back at xx;xx and speak to him then.

they'll probably tell you.