Problems with Ultimate Credit Services

mister.g

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4466 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Charlie

I've already concluded that these are a nasty bunch of people. i don't know how they are getting away with it. Are the payments coming out of your bank via Direct Debit (in which case you can insist they are repaid by your bank under the Direct debit rules) or from a debit card?

If it is being taken out by using your debit card number, as I understand it the bank can not help you. You will have to inform your bank of the illegal transactions and cancel your card - unfortunately you will be unable to use a card yourself until a new one is issued.

I don't know whether you have given them your card details or not - but please - anyone reading this be VERY careful who you give your debit or credit card details to - especially if it is for regular payments. This happened to my daughter & son-in -law.

In any case please let your bank know that you do not want any more payments made to these people.

You also said that you think the debt is now paid - I suggest you issue a county court summons to recover the money overpaid & also to report them to Their local Trading Standards.

One more piece of advice - NEVER NEVER EVER TALK TO THEM ON THE PHONE. Unless you are a real expert they will always come out on top.

I am far from being the most knowledgeable person in this forum, but I hope that what I have said has been of some use.

When I post this reply it will bump your this higher up the list and hopefully come to someone's attention who can be of better help to you.

Good Luck

Diamondstone

Hi Dimondstone,

Thankyou for you advice.

Yes, the payments are taken via my debit card. I spoke to the bank yesterday and have now cancelled my card and am having a new one sent through.

I explained everything to my bank and they said that even though I have cancelled the card that UCS can still actually attempt to take money from my account and succeed in which case I would have to report it to the bank and take it further.

My boyfriend is ringing them today to confirm that the debt is now paid off and to stop taking money from my account. And also tell them to send a receipt ( which they have refused to do in the past )but I won't know the outcome until I get home tonight.

Is there any way that they can say in the future that we have not paid the debt off if we have no written evidence?

I will let you know what they say. Thank you for the advice. It has been very hard finding people who are actually willing to talk to me about this as it is not my debt but my boyfiends.

Thank you

Chralie

Hi Charlie - Diamond is absolutely right and I have had experience with them myself, good that you have canvcelled your card, as for the bank saying that they (UCS) can still take money from you is unbelieveable. Report this company to the OFT office of fair trading as they have breached many of the conditions of the consummer credit act 1974. They will call your boyfriend again not doubt as they are chancers, but stand your ground and tell them that you will be complaining to the OFT and that any corespondance from them must only be in writing.

Good luck SUZ xx

• 2 months later...

Contributors to this thread may be interested to note that Ofcom has caught UCS making Silent Telephone Calls and issued a Notification of Persistent Misuse of the telephone network.

Details are on the Ofcom website at /bulletins/comp_bull_index/comp_bull_ocases/open_all/cw_905/

Hey, that's interesting although this is only for breaches between Oct 2006 and April 2007. Hence a bit out of date.

What's even more interesting are the cases listed below that one.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all - Just thought I would give you an update, I received a call from UCS same old same old they still couldnt produce the signed statement I had requested therefore I reported them to the financial ombusman, who were in agreement with me, they then took this over and were now dealing with it as a complaint. They issued a letter to UCS stating that they had 28 days to comply with the conditions set otherwise they would consider the matter closed. USC called me again 4 times the next day a different operator each time , I then requested that I speak to a manager and explained the situation, he advised that I would not receive anymore calls and that the account was on hold and that he would be the only one from UCS to contact me. 2 days, 3 operators later I lost my patience, but I did speak to a lady, I explained everything again and she then informed me that she was closing the account and passing back to the original creditor, she also advised that I would not hear anything more regarding this account especially as this debt goes back to 1994. fingers xxxxxxxx

• 10 months later...

Hello there, I have just joined the forum because last week a letter was delivered to my address for the previous owner. I did ring the number, fortunately the office was closed, but the answermachine message gave me the company name as Ultimate Credit Services Ltd.

When I did a search on that company this thread on this forum showed up and I am horrified at what I read here.

I have written, by recorded delivery, to UCS to tell them to immediately remove my address and the debt against my address from their records and explained the debt belongs to the previous house owner.

What would you say are the chances that they will a) sign for my letter? b) do as I ask and remove my address from this debt?

I have had ongoing harrassment for debts for the previous owners of the house, but from what I've read on this forum about UCS these sound pretty awful people to try to communicate with.

Thanks for reading.

Christianronaldo I suggest you start your own thread then you will get the advice you need. Go into the Debt Collection Forum and scroll down and you will see a blue button that says New Thread, click on that and type in the details. If you can't do it then i will happily do it for you.

:cool::cool: Blondmusic :cool::cool:

• 4 months later...

hi, basically i had a phone call from a company called 'Zinc recovery' ( when i googled their number UCS came up so i beleive they have changed their name) the call was to my boyfriends phone (not mine!!) and was regarding a debt, but when we were checking my personal details my address did not match the address they held for me, it was completly different! then they wouldnt give me any details about who the debt was with for data protection reasons! and then the call was ended. I was concerned by this so called them back and spoke to a really really rude woman who again preached the data protection to me, so i spoke to a manager, and explained that i could prove i didnt live at the address they have for me by providing a tenancy agreement and a recent bill. She said to fax it to her and she would call me straight back with information, so i faxed the papers .....didnt get a call back tho!! however a week later i receive another call on my boyfriends phone asking the same questions a s before, so again i repeat the above,,, i have never lived at that address and can prove it! this guy then said ' we are going round in circles with this and that i need to tell him i lived at that address, obviously i didnt, but he wouldnt tell me who the debt was with, just that i would be receiving calls until i confirm the same address???!!!!! What shall i do? is there anyway i can find out who the debt is with? if it is me i would pay it but why should i say i lived some where when i havent?! can any one shed some light on this as i am due to have a baby in 1 week and im very stressed out about this company