hilaryfrances v Yorkshire Bank

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5904 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:mad: well I guess I have answered my own question as I have had a letter from YB today saying they are going to ask for a stay. What do I do now? Do I still do my court bundles and the letter asking for the stay to be removed? Will the judge hold these facts against me?

B*gger it! Unless the bundle is due, don't send it yet, but get that letter objecting to it in fast, with a copy to YB! They can apply but it doesn't mean they'll get the stay. Make it clear how long it is since your court claim started. Enough is enough.

Can you post the letter you've had please Hilary.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Send it to Clydesdale Legal Services, assuming that is who wrote to you. Get your bundle in as planned. Nothing's happened yet so it's business as usual.

In fact I suggest that you send in your bundle, with a covering letter explaining what YB have said and attaching the letter opposing the stay, as you're that close. YB can also have it with their copy of the bundle.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

When I said can you post your letter, I meant can you put the contents of it on to a post on this thread. LOL. I thought it was odd that you were asking where to send it. Sorry.:p

well I cant believe that YB have actually withdrawn an offer from Simonthe brewer, they still seem to be making up their own rules as they go along. I supose my claim is in the lap of the Gods and the judge now, I will have to wait and see if he agrees not to aloow them to put a stay on my case. I cant believe I have missed out on my payment by 3 weeks. I hope I dont have to wait years now, but I suppose the interest will be stacking up wont it! I quite enjoyed putiing my court bundle together, once I got my head around it. I would offer to help anyone else with theirs but I reckon they will be redundant now. See you Hils:D

Am watching your thread Hils

I have had stay granted to CB by court - CB didn't have grace to let me know that they were applying. Got court letter granting stay on same day as CB letter telling me they were going to apply and re-iterating their advice to bugger off and stop and bothering them.

Not sure what I should do now - am going to carry on with court bundle and another member of the site has suggested writing to court to get them to take stay off.

Do you know if there is any case where the stay has been removed and claimant has been successful in getting their money?

Jenni

Hello Jennie, I think these application for stays are just going ahead, so they are a bit of unknown territory. If you look on my thread you will see a letter that has been posted by Caro asking that a stay be lifted. If I were you I would carry on with your bundle and send in this letter. good luck Hils

Cheers Hils.

This seems to be very uncharted territory - cheers OFT for making things even more difficult.

General advice on this site seems to be to continue and fight against the stay. Am now getting paranoid about court bundle - read letter from court with hearing date which arrived about a week before I broke up - now can't find letter and am not sure whether it said that court bundles had to be in within 14 days of date of order or 14 days before hearing date. Think it was 14 days before hearing - hopefully. Had planned to spend most of 6 weeks holiday doing court bundle - now having major panic.

Never mind will plough on and see what happens - thanks for link to letter for court and here's to us both getting a victory over YB - they deserve everything that is coming to them.

Will watch your thread to see how you do and keep in touch.

Jenni

:mad: I wish I had seen the message that the courts in Bradford were issuing a blanket stay until after the test case. I would not have spent my birthday doing my bundle or sent of a cheque for £35. Surely this cannot be right that each areas law courts can make up their own minds what they are going to do. On top of this, the administrators, moderators and site helpers seem to have disappeared. Maybe they are re-grouping to discuss future stragergy but surely they could have let us know they would not be around. I have looked on other bank threads and they seem to be missing from everywhere.

Sorry to hear about that Hilary.

Look at it as even more reason to keep fighting YB, the fact that they spoilt your birthday!

The thing I found interesting about the unifomr letters YB sent out was the dating and time of delivery. Mibne was dated 31st July, yet I didnt receive it until 7th August. I have sent off my objections to any request for a stay, but have not heard anything fromt the courts (Bury), so do not know if they have already submitted their request.

I wouldnt be surprised if they had delayed the posting to fit with their mass request for stays:evil:

Fight on Hilary

Hi Hillary,

I thought I miss heard the clerk at Halifax when I reluctantly posted that the Bradford District were on Blanket stay, Have'nt had chance to check Skipton yet, but your right the Administrators, Mods and site helpers have gone quiet, but I don't think it is a panic, they are probably working harder than Icy and Leecobs in clarifying which courts are staying and which courts are going on?? :confused: I do hope they are, because the amount of help and advice as helped no end in mine and thousands of others so far.:)

Don't despair on them, just remember there are not many on the site who are Admin, Mods or site helpers if you compare to the actual amount of people posting now, and with the odd stay announcements filtering through, there are going to be more and more asking for advice. Be patient and I am sure they will get back soon.;)

I know that I would be sitting back for a breather at some point, especially as they are all volounteering their own time at no charge, where else would you get free advice apart from the CAB???

Also remember this site is partialy kept running through donations from those who have been succesful and have willingly given a percentage of the same, Now with several possible victories being put on hold until early March 2008, thats a long time to go without any possible finances.:eek:

I don't think for one minute the site will struggle, it's just that sometimes like you stated 'they might be re-grouping to organise the next strategic move, hopefully on the FOS,FSA and the OFT (although I beleive it was actually the FSA) for the way they have let the banks get it all their own way.:mad:

Come on posties, let's win this together!!!

stay fresh peeps

regards

chris

Sorry Hilary,

would'nt you have been better going to Leeds, rather than Bradford? i live in queensbury, Bradford so I actully found it easier to go to Halifax (only cos I've been there on an odd occasion on the other end as a defendent:o ) but it now oes'nt matter until next year as they have stayed my claim the B%##e~*.:mad:

Sorry got a bit peeved there. lol

stay fresh peeps

regards

chris

oh! you bank managers looking in:-KKKKKKKKKKKERRRRRRRRRRCHHINNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG another £1.26 DAILY interest added only another 200 to add and thats if i get to court on the 1st March 2008, and I can't se that can you, so I guess I'll have to keep topping it up. lol;) :D

Well I took my bundle to Bradford couty court yesterday, lady who took it from me said nothing about all cases being stopped in Bradford. I thought I may as well continue going through the motions as I am sure that the banks case will collapse as I cannot see any reason for them to win. I dont want YB to have a reason for not paying out as soon as they loose. It does sem unfair though that most areas are carrying on with business as normal. Trust me to get so close and then have the case put on hold by some well fed rich QC:(

Hi Hils

Glad your case seems to be going ahead. I am still deciding whether to go for the removal of the stay on mine. It would be interesting to see if certain areas of the country are allowing stays or whether it just seems to apply to cases that are over a certain amount.

Sheffield were very quick to allow the stay on my case and it does seem from reading threads on CAG that YB have pulled a flanker by dating letters 31st July but no-one seems to have received them before 8th August. Seems strange that court letter was dated 7th August and I received it the next day. Both were sent first class. YB seem to be a set of bloody-minded bacteria!

If there are any mods or site helpers out there - is is possible to collate info on which areas are allowing stays or whether or not it is down to the amount of the claim.

Keep going, Hils - will keep watching your posts to see how you do.

Jenni

hello Jenni, I dont think my case is going ahead, Bradford, which is where my case is being heard, has put a blanket stay on all cases until the test case has been heard which seems very unfair, I think it should be the same for everyone. My case is at such a late stage I think it should have been alowed to go ahead.

Apply for the stay to be removed Hils. There's an application for this in the Bank Templates Library.

hello Caro, I have applied for the proposed stay to be removed, this is before I found out that all the cases which are being heard in Bradford are being put on a stay. I have heard nothing official from the court yet. The only letter I have had is from YB stating they intended to apply for a stay. Apparently some fat cat QC has decided that all cases in Bradford must be stopped until after the test case Is it still worth me applying for the stay to be removed as it has come from a court official and not YB? They have not even had a chance to ask for a stay yet

If there are any mods or site helpers out there - is is possible to collate info on which areas are allowing stays or whether or not it is down to the amount of the claim.

In the general section there is a sticky with details of all courts and their stance regarding stays, which is being updated regularly as and when others post their situation from the courts.:)

check out 'which courts are carrying on' Icy is constantly updating the list with help from caggers as above.;)

stay fresh peeps

regards

chris

ps dont forget all you bank managers etc KKKKKKERRRRRCHINNNNNNGGGGGGGG another £1.26 interest today, cheers!!! lol:D