3 Contract Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6170 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya Guys

Im not sure if this is the right place as its my first post.

I wonder if any of you would be able to advise me as im not to good when it comes to terms and conditions of phone contracts.

I rang up 3 the other day to reduce my price plan from £45 to £25 and i was told i would have to pay an £25 administration fee for reducing more then one teir down (they said i could reduce it to £40 for free).

Now ive never heard of such a thing and neither has anyone ive mentioned this to, i also never had any problems with Vodafone.

Now ive had a read through there tearms and conditions which can be found on there web site, and i can not see where it states if you reduce your price plan more then one tier then an adim fee is applied, the only thing i can see which might be what they are relating to is -

4.2 If we offer a range of price plans, you may change your price plan to one of a selected range of other price plans on such terms as agreed with us.

Now as i said im no good when it comes to this type of thing would anyone be able to give me advice?

Many thanks

Most mobile phone contracts will have a clause in them stating that you are unable to move your price plan to a lower one within the first 6 months of the contract. This was to prevent people from getting a free phone with a certain price plan, then reducing the monthly charge to one which would have normally brought about a charge for the phone.

However, this would be unfair!! So they will now charge admin fees to those who reduce their plans, usually within a certain time frame. Have you had your phone for long?

Lived through bankruptcy to tell the tale! Worked in various industries and studied law at university. All advice is given in good faith only :)

Hi

Ive had this problem before i was told after 6 months by phones 4 you that i could change my price plan but when i tried this i was told by 3 that i couldnt change it till i had been with them for 9 months, which i have been (as of May) so hench me trying to change my price plan.

Because of scams by retailers (upselling customers, running cashbacks then running away, and customers dropping tariff packages after the offer(s) ended, 3UK last year changed the rules, and the new system is as you described. At least the DO let you drop for a fee, T-Mobile will not let you change down AT ALL until the initial contract period is reached.

It's best to realise that the contract you sign up to is thew one you'll be stuck with until it's ready for renewal.