NCO Europe/RMA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5907 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After being hassled by RMA/NCO I have sent off a complaint to the OFT and my CAB Money Advisor has contacted West Yorkshire Trading Standards. These companies, or should be company (as RMA and NCO are one and the same) are just full of numpties who think that harassing vulnerable people for money is okay.

So, I'm hoping that something will be done about these sharks!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the club.

I'm currently working with TS about these "people".

They have completely ignored my requests to stop calling me numerous times a day, upto 5 times in one day.

In the end I talked to BT and they kindly changed my number free of charge.

They where extremely helpful and appologetic.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

leedsangel, you should also contact the police with reference to harrassment. A visit from Mr Plod tends to focus the mind.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi leedsangel :)

Not had dealings with this particular bunch, but am in a similar situation with 3 other very well known bullying DCAs.

Stick to your guns and follow the correct advice from this site and other sources and you'll feel the weight/pressure/stress lifting as soon as you act.

Would advise rory32 's advise re: police for harassement as this is very serious and can have detremental effects on your life and health.

Good luck and best wishes,

BB

the reason that they are so aggressive and relentless is because in reality they have no powers whatsoever, so they try as hard as possible to bully the vulnerable

think toothless pirhana ;)

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

these people are a joke. The problem for them is that through great sites like this people are now aware they are a joke. They are becoing less effective.

Companies that condone and endorse their procedures by employing them are surely questionable as well.

Their business must becoming such hard work - thus less profitable hah hah.

Richard, always a pleasure for you to interject :)

I have not dealt with the said companies per sae but would hope that leedsangel pm's you.

Richard is one of the "good eggs" on this site.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

well done ive had hell with rma so much i changed land line and mobile number its fantastic now its the only way to deal with these idiots.

i wonder when ts the oft and anyone else is going to start doing their job?:confused:

regards

out of cash

Did you complain to TS and the OFT out of cash? Sometimes you have to push them a bit to get the result you want.

If you've got any relevant info could you pm Richard.

Out of Cash, give TS a call.

I've currently got an action going against these "people" as they completely ignore everything I have to say.

TS have been very helpful and easy to talk to.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, sorry to jump on the band wagon however I feel really strongly against RMA /NCO they are ruthless, and comparable to a steam roller, however I agree with various postings that I am now starting to believe that this company as cruel and harrassing as they can be are not as powerful as I once thought.

They have 3 working days left to provide me with a true copy of the original cca or I cancel my standing order to them.

Lets get 'em!!

Red

I just thought I would do a post to clarify some of the current legislation on harassment and what constitutes harassment. Hope it helps.

It is a criminal offence to leave grossly offensive messages over telephone or make indecent or obscene or menacing telephone calls or calls which cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety - Telecommunications Act 1984 . The criminal courts may in certain circumstances treat such harassment as grievous bodily harm if psychological damage results.

the Protection from Harassment Act 1997 makes it a criminal offence to pursue a course of conduct, which amounts to harassment of a person. This Act also creates a civil statutory tort of harassment, which enables a person to obtain a civil court injunction to stop harassment occurring and to claim damages where appropriate. This is a very important piece of legislation which can potentially provide protection in neighbourhood disputes, cases of racial harassment, bullying at work, confrontation with the media or stalking, as well as hate mail and persistent unwanted telephone calls.

Harassment is not defined in the Protection from Harassment Act and so it will be a matter for assessment based on each case. It has been established that publication of a series of newspaper articles by a newspaper can constitute a course of conduct amounting to harassment. However, there must be a course of conduct in order to bring a claim. This means that there must be at least two incidents representing harassment - i.e. more than one telephone call - and the person who is carrying out the harassment must know or ought to know that it would amount to harassment.

Hate mail is usually anonymous, but if it can be traced the sender can also be prosecuted under the Malicious Communications Act 1988 . This makes it an offence to send a letter or other article which conveys an indecent or grossly offensive message or a threat, or which contains information known to be false and the purpose of the letter is to cause distress or anxiety. The category of communications under this Act has now been expanded - by virtue of the Criminal Justice and Police Act 2001 - to include electronic communications or articles of any description. This new definition will cover hate telephone calls, emails or text messages.

This post is spot on.

One of my employers is currently taking legal action against a debtor. He left a VERY threatening message on an answerphone. Something about coming round to 'punch the solicitors lights out' when, 'he least expected it'. They are indeed prosecuting under this act.

Hi everyone,

Sorry to jump in, but I have had dealings with RMA.

They do back off if you get agressive by letter, especially if you have not had instructions by thr origional creditor and you tell them so in no uncertain terms. Also they do not like CCA requests they cannot usually produce the goods.

Look out for the post card from them about calling, its a joke they dont even put the date they will be calling just the day and time.....

You will then find the debt will be refered to another DCA

Cashin:D :)

Cashin, thank you for the info re RMA, and their general inability to produce relevant paperwork. Good to know, as they cashed my cheque on the 7th June, and are running out of time. I did send them a letter regarding telephoning me which they have blatantly ignored, which is currently what I am doing with their phone calls :)

Red

I've had dealings with this arrogant firm. They prey on your ignorance of the law. I sent them the letter below and have heard nothing from them since.

Dear Sirs

Thank you for your letter dated 1st May 2007.

I will not be agreeing any suitable terms of payment with you as the account is in dispute with Barclays Bank and has been for some time.

I will be however contacting the Office of Fair Trading about the way your company carries out its business and totally ignores the guidelines set down by the OFT which you are legally required to follow.

These include;

1. On more than one occasion your staff have tried to make me borrow money from family or friends to pay off the debt. (2.6.b. pressurising debtors to sell property, to raise funds by further borrowing or to extend their borrowing).

2. Not disclosing who they are when telephoning just saying “A company from Preston” and trying to hide behind the Data Protection Act – which is absolute rubbish. (2.2c. those contacting debtors not making clear who they are, who they work for, what their role is, and what the purpose of the contact is).

3. Members of your staff telling me inaccurate and false information on what your company can and can’t do.(2.2b. leaving out or presenting information in such a way that it creates a false or misleading impression or exploits debtors' lack of knowledge).

As it seems your staff are either ill trained or misinformed about what the legal status of a debt when in dispute I will point it out to you.

You may not try to collect monies.

B. You may not put a default on the account.

C. You may not take legal action to try to recover this debt.

D. You may not contact the debtor in relation to the debt.

IN FUTURE I WILL ONLY COMMUNICATE WITH YOU IN WRITING FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF MISUNDERSTANDING AND EVIDENTIAL PURPOSES.

If I receive any phone calls from your company I will consider it as harassment, and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, as you will be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded.

It's nice when you can stick it to these ar**holes.:D

Oh boy am i glad i looked at this thread! I've had a few strange calls recently where no-one talks although i can hear them breathing or it's an automated call. Last week i searched the number on t'internet and came up with RMA who i'd never heard of. Today i've traced another number to NCO. Having read this i now realise they're one and the same.

Which companies do they usually 'work for'?

God they just never stop popping up do they? :x

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

Hi Hopeful1, I am pleased that you stumbled accross this thread and I hope that you will realise how nasty these DCAs are. they are dealing with my Barclaycard, if that helps!!

I would never phone them back, (especially as it is an 0870 which they want you to call), only deal in writing, and stay strong!! Oh I could rant and rave, but am not going to!!!!!

Not sure who elso they work for though.

Good luck

Red

Thanks Red. The only thing i can think of is my Barclayloan. I missed some payments but have made them the last 2 months. The trouble is i haven't been able to pay my arrears. I've also stopped paying a lot of my income from going into my account because they've taken money out before and left me really short for the week.

My other thought is that i have sent 4 CCAs and only had 1 response, so it could be that 1 of the no show ones have passed debt on.

I can only wait and see.

P.S. Sorry, i don't mean to hijack this thread.

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

HI again hopeful1, you are no more hijacking this thread than I but it is all relevant. I also had a problem with the CCAs in RMA/NCOs case, when I checked on-line there was no record that they had received my letter i.e. no signature however the ******* have cashed the cheque so I know that they have received. Does sound relevant regarding your Barclay card loan. These DCAs are devillish. I have received a threatening solicitors letter today ..... more later, I am FUMING!!!!:mad:

My advice so far from what you have put is to make sure that whatever form of payment you have sent along with CCAs has or has not been cashed, and go from there.

Red

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5907 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks