claudee2002 vs HSBC

claudee2002
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6516 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.. just thought i'd add my 10p... sent my letter requesting almost £2k in charges an interest on Monday and am just sitting patiently (altho its practically killing me)

I will post once i hear from the bank... but if i'm honest, as much as this site has been an absolute saviour, i'm a bit scared of the whole thing. I'm determined to get my money back but i can feel my steely resolution wavering already!

Somebody boost my confidence, please!

Good luck everyone who is taking the HSBC.....

Hold on in there - its early days yet.

If you read my thread (http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=6961), you'll see that HSBC offered me £1100 of the £1651 I was asking for. Today, 10 days later, they wrote back offereing me a further £275.

Its been said many times here, but why would they do this if they weren't in the wrong?

Keep at it and I'll keep people posted, but HSBC have until the 25th June to put in a defence or they lose by default.

The question isn't if they will pay up, but how much time and effort witll they waste in the process???

Barclays - £268 - Moneyclaim

Capital One - £172 - Moneyclaim

Abbey (2nd claim) - Moneyclaim

---------------------------------------------------

HSBC - £2164.46- PAID IN FULL

MBNA - £471 - PAID IN FULL

NatWest - £307 - PAID IN FULL

Abbey Business - £314.15 - PAID IN FULL

Hi.. just thought i'd add my 10p... sent my letter requesting almost £2k in charges an interest on Monday and am just sitting patiently (altho its practically killing me)

I will post once i hear from the bank... but if i'm honest, as much as this site has been an absolute saviour, i'm a bit scared of the whole thing. I'm determined to get my money back but i can feel my steely resolution wavering already!

Good luck everyone who is taking the HSBC.....

dont panic, you're doing ok, just stick to the steps and your timetable, dont be dissuaded by anything the bank say or do , unless its full and final settlement :)

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

My claim - start to finish, with all the painful bits between. We are right, they are wrong - go get your money back! :)

To see the steps I took to recover bank charges with the help of Consumer Action Group, please read my thread Spiceskull v HSBC. Read my blog here.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

My claim - start to finish, with all the painful bits between. We are right, they are wrong - go get your money back! :)

This is really worth a read, trust me.

:)HSBC Current - Prelim sent 2/6/06 £1060 Reciept confrimation 5/6/06

:mad:HSBC Credit - Statements requested 6/6/06 - I reckon around 500 notes.

;)NATWEST - Parachute account opened 4/6/06

Is it vitally important for me to open another bank account just in case the worst happens and HSBC shuts me down? Am concerned that my credit rating will stop me from being able to open another a/c.

Thanks.

What do you want to know?

The time you are giving the banks to respond will be detailed in the letters you send to them.

Please read the FAQs - there is a step-by-step guide telling you what to send and when.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

You ought to be able to open a basic account somewhere. There are a number of places online as well.

Whilst the bank SHOULDN'T close your account, you have to be prepared that they play dirty!

I was in the same boat, i got declined for a smile.co.uk account as i have bad credit. Its because their accounts come with a £500 overdraft.

i went to natwest high street and was granted a full account, with chequebook and cards. if you have no proof of income, they will just give you a cashcard untill you have had 3 months of wages going into it. at least you will have an a/c and be able to get paid etc. I only asked for their basic "step" account but they offered me the advantage gold account.

Hope this helps

Hi... can anyone please help me with the Timetable guide - what i should be expecting and when? I've looked thru the forums and can't seem to find i.

Thanks

Basically, they have 40 days after you request your statements under the data protection act, then you send a preliminary letter, which gives them 14 days to refund all charges. when they ignore this, or send a load of leaflets, you send a LBA or letter before action after 14 days informing them that in another 14 days you will be taking court action. if you get to this stage you file a claim with 8% APR added. the bank then gets served a summons and then usually pay you the full amount at this point.

You set the timetable but this is what we all use.

we are all/have been in the same boat so we know what each other is feeling, thats why we are so eager to offer assistance, and sometimes knowledge ;)

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

What reason do you give to the new bank for opening a current account with them?

Surely if they get wind that i am trying to claim back charges from my current back they will decline my request to open an account with them?

p.s. is now day 10 and am still waiting for any correspondence from my Prelim Request for Charges Letter - don't they know its churning me up?!?!? (why is there no smiley for "stressed"!! lol!)

Guest Mumofthreeboys
What reason do you give to the new bank for opening a current account with them? Surely if they get wind that i am trying to claim back charges from my current back they will decline my request to open an account with them?

I didn't know you had to give them a reason!!!

I've never been asked why I wanted a new account. There isn't even space on the forms to ask it lol Your new bank has no idea whatsoever why you are opening a new account and they really don't care. They are happy for the business :)

Pam.

If anything I've said helps you then please feel free to tip my scales!

Guest Mumofthreeboys

I wouldn't settle for so much as 1 penny less than those blood suckers owed me!!!!

Can you imagine them settling for less if it were you that owed them money???????

I am gonna take the money and run like billy-o..... its only 150 short of my originaly claim and am thrilled! Thanks to everyone for your help and Good Luck to those who are just starting their claims now.

p.s. does anyone know how i can put my details on the survey? thanks...

A donation to the site would be really helpful as well!!

Well done!