DCA Woes Solicitor Letter from Wescot

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6121 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They are registered with the ICO to process data.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Is this a one page document? (Big hint) they refer to the terms and conditions overleaf.

Yes it is a one page doc with T & C's on the reverse. I am probably being thick again!! but (Big hint)?? I have been trying to find out by using search terms been at it all afternoon one thread said the sigs have to be on same page as T & C can you hint if that is what you are meaning? Please!

You have got my curiosity burning! lol

With regards to the other DCA chasing you, I would write to them telling them that the debt is currently legally in dispute with their client. As such any action to pursue this debt while it is in dispute will result in the DCA and Cap One being reported to Trading Standards and the OFT.

Thanks rory I will write a letter to the second DCA informing them it is in dispute.

Just a thought because I only sent the CCA request (recorded) to Westcot on 30th May and the DCA Equidebt letter is dated 29th May do you think Wescot will pass on the CCA request? or do you think It would be prudent to send the Second DCA a CCA request also or will a letter from me saying it is in dispute suffice.

Cap One have probably not told this new DCA that the account is in dispute - unfortunately thats the kind of guys they are.

It is Capital Bank plc not CapitalOne sorry for the confusion.

Why would it be sent to another DCA when Wescot where handling it only 2 weeks ago it doesn't make sense! is this a normal thing?

Thanks a lot guys I appreciate your time in helping me.

minky xx

The solicitors need a letter (rec. delivery) to make them aware that the account is in dispute with Westcott. In order to cover yourself and for the sake of £1.... I would also send a CCA request to Equidebt as well (rec. delivery).

It is odd that 2 DCAs are chasing you for the same debt within such a short space of time... but nothing surprises me !

:)

From the OFT's frequently asked questions on consumer credit agreements:

Can I Include Cross References?

Reg 2(4) provides that the information specified may be interspersed with cross references to the terms of the agreement.

It is not however permissable in the OFT's view to include cross references to information appearing otherwise than as part of the terms of the agreement - for example, in a seperate information sheet or booklet or an accompanying letter.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 1 month later...

Hiya out of cash

They do appear to be different dca's, I think it most likely to be a coincidence.

Have you got a thread going? we could swap notes.

Wescot are in default and so will Equidebt in 5 days time, it is looking as though they can't find the CCA.....

minky xxx