Barclays-A standard defence?

Al-mena

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5228 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a final hearing July 16th 2007-Putting court bundle together, but have a query. Is their defence a standard defence?

I will cite the first para: " The particulars of the claim do not provide details or particulars of the precise charges alleged to have been unlawful, or the date thereof. To the extent it is alleged that the Claimant incurred bank charges on this account for unauthorised borrowings etc... (The defence has 11 para in total, para 11 ending ...and the defendent seeks to set off such sums against any liability owed hereunder to the claimant."

Is this the standard defence? If so can someone point me in the right direction as to my response to this re: court bundle?

Secondly, should I now be calling Barclays to see if we can settle out of court? My claim is £6000.00.

Thanks

I would try contacting Barclays Litigation team

Krysta Campbell

Barclays

Litigation and Disputes

1 Churchill Place

LONDON

E14 5HP

Tel: 02071164753

Fax: 01452638359

email:[email protected] com

ask her who is dealing with your claim as you have a court date ..... they will proberbly be willing to settle

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

"How do I...?" A Dummies' Guide to this Forum

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

Please Donate if you can - help CAG help others

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.

Is their defence a standard defence?

" The particulars of the claim do not provide details or particulars of the precise charges

Yes but they are claiming that you have not forwards any proof to support your claim.

Send in an updated copy of your SOC's to BOTH parties asap by recorded delivery.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Thanks- I have on two occasions sent (recorded delivery) SOC. I will be giving court copies of SOC along with bundle. I assume that this will be OK.

If it states in point 1 that they havent recieved any details of the individual charges then i would still send an updated SOC to the Litigations Team and the court even though you have sent them previously .

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

"How do I...?" A Dummies' Guide to this Forum

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

Please Donate if you can - help CAG help others

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.