Credit Card Debts

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6148 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello have been reading the site and have just joined to see if i could resolve some of my credit card debt

I have just been approved for a short settlement of £3,800 with Virgin (MBNA) with which i have a debt of £12,525.80 so about 30%. ( i never responded to there letters emails txts and calls since october so may have just been deperate to resolve the matter anyway they could)

I recieved the letter stating that i had to make a payment by 28th May of £400.00 then another £400.00 by 25th June and finally £3000.00 by 20th July i have just made the first payment and set up post dated payments for the remaining two payment. After these payments the rest will be written off and will not persue the matter either themselfs nor will they pass the debt on

does anyone have any experience with this and can i rest easier now about this debt

finally i have a number of other debt that i would like to resolve these being

Halifax £7,500 never missed a payment

Cahoot £5,000 never missed a payment

Marbles £10,000 missed a number of payment but have made the last 3 payments but would like to tackle this debt next

has anyone had any dealings with marble (HFC) and would they agree to a short settlement of the same term

i also have a couple of loans with

egg for about £12,000 each (£24,000 in total) which i am paying and are upto date (about half paid but will run til nov 2009)

aswell as a overdraft with

first direct £10,000 which i pay every other month when they call saying i have missed payments

i was going to see if i could top up my loan (pay the same amount but extend the length of the loan hopefully anyway) and offer short settlements to my credit cards as the intrest is pushing me over the edge and causing sleepless nights as you would expect

any advice would be welcome

RESOLVED: Virgin (MBNA) £12,525.80 short settlement £3,800, Marbles £15,000 Thrown out of court and ordered not to harass me as could not provide any paperwork to support the DEBT,Cahoot £5,000 time barred 2015, Egg 2 Loans £12,000 each £24,000 time barred March and April 2016, First Direct Overdraft £10,000 (low interest as account closed) time barred 2014

ONGOING: Halifax £7,500 still being chased will be time barred November 2016

Well you do seem to have a lot.

The best way to start is to send for your SARs for each of them, that way you will know where you stand with each one.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

Also read as much as you can.

F&Qs

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

thanks for the reply i am more interested in trying to get an agreement with each to write off part of the debts i did not know if anyone here had any dealings with any of the credit card companies and what the chances were of achieving it

RESOLVED: Virgin (MBNA) £12,525.80 short settlement £3,800, Marbles £15,000 Thrown out of court and ordered not to harass me as could not provide any paperwork to support the DEBT,Cahoot £5,000 time barred 2015, Egg 2 Loans £12,000 each £24,000 time barred March and April 2016, First Direct Overdraft £10,000 (low interest as account closed) time barred 2014

Hello have been reading the site and have just joined to see if i could resolve some of my credit card debt

I have just been approved for a short settlement of £3,800 with Virgin (MBNA) with which i have a debt of £12,525.80 so about 30%. ( i never responded to there letters emails txts and calls since october so may have just been deperate to resolve the matter anyway they could)

I recieved the letter stating that i had to make a payment by 28th May of £400.00 then another £400.00 by 25th June and finally £3000.00 by 20th July i have just made the first payment and set up post dated payments for the remaining two payment. After these payments the rest will be written off and will not persue the matter either themselfs nor will they pass the debt on

does anyone have any experience with this and can i rest easier now about this debt

finally i have a number of other debt that i would like to resolve these being

Halifax £7,500 never missed a payment

Cahoot £5,000 never missed a payment

Marbles £10,000 missed a number of payment but have made the last 3 payments but would like to tackle this debt next

has anyone had any dealings with marble (HFC) and would they agree to a short settlement of the same term

i also have a couple of loans with

egg for about £12,000 each (£24,000 in total) which i am paying and are upto date (about half paid but will run til nov 2009)

aswell as a overdraft with

first direct £10,000 which i pay every other month when they call saying i have missed payments

i was going to see if i could top up my loan (pay the same amount but extend the length of the loan hopefully anyway) and offer short settlements to my credit cards as the intrest is pushing me over the edge and causing sleepless nights as you would expect

any advice would be welcome

The first thing to say is that your arrangement with MBNA will mean that

this will appear on your credit record for the next six years. And it will

make it very difficult to borrow money over that time.

If that is not a problem for you, then go ahead and try all the others as well.

All I would say is that you are unlikely to get such a large reduction as you

received from MBNA-which leads me to suspect that perhaps they do not

have a properly executed agreement in their possesion.

If MBNA have already entered the details on your credit file, you may find

that your loan will not be able to be increased.

it is not a problem not being able to get credit as i plan to stick to using cash from now onwards just want to get the other cards cleared as quickly as possible so any ideas would be gratefully recieved

many thanks in advance