Financial Ombudsman

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6154 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have sent letters to the OFT and ICO regarding Barclays non compliance of a copy of the non existant default notice. I was wondering has anyone had any joy in contacting the Financial Ombudsman regarding the banks for non compliance or if there is any template letter which is for default removal only? Would I be better off sending F.O the copies of documents that I sent to OFT and ICO? :confused: S.K

I would send exaclt what you have sent to the OFT and ICO to the FO myself to be honest, I'm in the same boat as you ... Littlewoods have ignored my requests for the default notice completely so complaints to OFT and ICO are going out tomorrow, as Barclays is a bank then cant see it doing any harm sending you complaint to the FO too!

Go for it!

Completed:

RBOS Charges - £2435 settled in full :)

RBOS Default Removal - Removed :)

Carphone Warehouse Default Removal - Removed :)

Welcome Finance Default Removal - Removed :)

Viking Direct CCJ - Removed :)

Littlewoods Default - Removed :-o

Ongoing:

N Hunter SAR

The ICO have stated that I should have made a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service first as they will only get involved after

* You have contacted the Business directly to try and sort this out

* If this has not been acheived the you complain to the F.O.S to resolve

Then if not resolved they will get involved. ( to me, to you, to me :rolleyes: )

Im my experience its a waste of time, neither body has any powers anyway. Just file a claim for the removal of the default. The bank only listens when you do this. One way or anyother from that point they have to give you a proper response

As soon as I get paid I am going to go in for a claim for the removal due to the letter I got back from Barclays this morning. The full and final answer is NO.

The cheeky "Beeps" have also stated in their letter that the I.C.O backs them up and included a copy letter which was not personally addressed to me or anyone and just dated December 2006. But.....

This I.C.O headed letter says that the I.C.O have been overloaded with requests for help from Experian on what to do about holding out of date information. The I.C.O states they confirm it has to stay for 6 Years as it is relevant information.

However, that was not my issue with Barclays it was never having a default notice, being refused of a copy of the supposed default notice and all this due to unlawful charges. They can't even read and respond to a letter properly. It makes me so angry:mad: I will also be showing the judge the letter Barclays sent me refusing to comply with my s10 &12 notice even though they don't have my permission. S.K

Hi

Dont worry i am in exactly the same boat as you, i filed my claim yesterday. Firstly as you say Barclays have confirmed that they never sent a default notice becuase they say it does not appy to current accounts. Well we say it does, and why in that case do all the other banks send them. Also in my case and probably yours they terminated my contract and then 4 weeks later entered a default, as we know or as we are argueing they do not have the right to process our information after the contract has been ended/terminated, especially by them. Also in my case they have failed to produce a copy of my application form when opening my account.

Just file the claim, they will have to then respond will at least some kind of arguement. The whole CCA is dodgy ground for banks, i dont think they will risk a ruleing for the sake or one or two people who are bothered to take it to court

• 2 weeks later...

I have had a letter back from the Financial Ombudsman giving me a claim reference number and telling me that this is being looked into and that they will contact me again soon to let me know progress etc. Then I also received a letter from Barclays stating that they are unable to help me further on this matter and if I wish to speak to call call this direct telephone number case will be open for 8 weeks blah blah blah. I stopped contacting Barclays when they said that they have nothing more to comment on this situation and that was weeks ago. It will be interesting to see what they have to say for themselves now the F.O.S is on their case. I can't wait.....

• 2 weeks later...

FSA were not able to assist me, and FOS would only look at PPI but only the newer ones not older agreements, as for missold MIG, no one seems to want to look at this so it must be one for the courts, sorry courts are inundated but where else can you go if the regulators wont get involved. TS also, said could not assist. maybe they have to be approached in a set order, I must be doing something wrong or is that what they would have us believe?

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819