PT2537's CCA request against Littlewoods

pt2537
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5089 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So;

"...because we restructured customer services teams 6 months ago, we haven't dealt with your query (received 3 months ago) properly and we're really sorry about that"

"... you asked for signed agreements, but we can't find them, so we are trying to fob you off by sending unsigned agreements that comply with s.78 but we don't have a hope in hell of enforcing in Court"

s.127(3), anyone?

"... regarding default charges and interest, we hope you don't ask us about this again, so we're removing a few charges and reversing some interest in the hope we scare you away and you don't write to us again"

"... you still owe us lots of money and we're afraid that you won't pay us now we know you know your rights and that we're in the wrong, but we will still outline the outstanding balances on your accounts and continue to ask you to pay - we may even "sell" these debts to a numpty DCA (probably a DCA that has a tedious link to us, or our parent Company) and instruct them to chase you like a fox in a chicken Co-Op until you pay up"

Have I missed anything? Is everyone else interpreting this letter in the same way?

(The forum seems to correct "co.op" with "Co-Op", BTW)

• Haha 1

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I must admit, I don't agree with the chicken co-op bit, Paul wouldn't be seen dead anywhere except Asda.

• Haha 1

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

Hi PT2537

Did they ever get moorcroft to attempt to get the money out of you?

I'm sure I've seen several others with littlewoods who've had moorcroft onto them.

I'm currently at that stage and even though they've been notified that a cca request has been served they are still trying to extract money from me. I was just wondering if it might be worth collecting evidence for a super complaint against moorcroft and littlewoods for their unlawful behaviour?

• Haha 1

Hi All,

Well l never thought it was possible but that can actually find something even tho it is about 2+ months to late.

I dont think there excuse of restructured customer services team is good enough as this new customer services team was able to send demands for money and phone all hours of the day.

I like how they have tried to redem them self tho. As we could not do our job properly then we will deduct charges and stuff that we have unlawfully added to your account.

Re the Kays account

The letter was mislaid ok so where did it go? In the bin? In there handbag?

Obviously a case of trying to redem themself and trying to stop court action towards them.

I say dont give in to them and keep you with the court action. Not that you need telling but just giving advise that you have given before.

Have fun with these numptys and l will bring lots of popcorn to court so we can all sit and watch. :D

Chrissi

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

oh no worries there Chrissi,

they have no idea how silly they are being, ive already told TS via email,well i will have when they receive it on Monday

i intend to fight them all the way thats for sure

theres many issues i have with what theyve sent me so its still game on!!!!

regards

paul

Hi Paul

Nice one on fighting them all the way l certainlky would.

Chrissi

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• 2 weeks later...
oh nearly forgot,

Tittleewoods sent me a funny letter today, it asked me some rather strange questions

it says.....

Dear Pt2537

Q. Do you want to continue ordering on your account?

Q. Do you want to obtain credit from other lenders?

Q.Do you want to prevent further charges?

A. Yes call ........

No call ..........

a late payment charge has been added to your account

if i wasnt to tired to play with these idiots i would probably send them some thing like

Q do you have a signed credit agreement

Q is the account unenforcable under consumer legislation

Q are you commiting an offence by trying to enforce an account while it is in default

Q. are you going to get another penny out of me.

and see if they can answer them

Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

"Never annoy a redhead - especially when she's a member of CAG!"

• 3 weeks later...

Subscribing :D Any new developments Paul? and Hi ya I'm Caz.

I've been banging my head against a brick wall with Littlewoods since 2006 eww! see Caz v's Littlewoods but allas they make you begin to run out of steam at times. So I'll be watching your thread for inspiration:)

NatWest : £857.00 won! March/07

Natwest : Witholding my statements & adding defaults etc , S.A.R sent Jan/08

Natwest for my partner : £2,101.00 won! Feb/07

Studio Cards : Refund for admin charges £108 Won! Dec/07

Complaint made to FOS for P.P.I Jan/08

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Littlewoods : defaulted on CCA request Feb/07

DCA's that crawled out from the woodwork and have crawled back : 28 so far!!

My favourite link on CAG:

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums

Hi Caz

no developments at the mo im afraid, since ive become a sitehelper it has meant that the littlewoods issue is on the back burner at the mo

i have been helping others with court cases etc and they are more needy of my attention than littlewoods at the mo so ive not really had the time to get to grips with them

however, that wil change soon, im hoping to be able to get to grips with them shortly in the next month or so , the main thing here is theres nowt the can do and if they did take me to court based upon what they have in my case, they wouldn't have a hope

regards

paul

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

NatWest

Data Protection Act Letter - 06/08/2006

Statements rec'd 14/9/2006

Preliminary Letter sent - 27/9/06

LBA - 18/10/06

Claim with Court - 31/10/2006

Got until 14/11/06 to acknowledge.

7/11/06 Received ltr offering full settlement minus

interest + court costs

12/11/06 - Rejection sent

17/11/6006 - Natwest Acknowledged

4/12/06 - Rec'd Natwest Def (Cobbetts)

5/1206 - Rec'd partial offer (Cobbetts)

THE WOOLWICH

Data Protection Act Letter - 06/08/2006

List of charges rec'd - 04/9/2006

Prelimary Letter sent - 06/09/2006

Response - 'fully investigating' - 11/09/2006

Claim with Court - 20/10/06

Acknowledged - 20/10/2006

Defence by 17/11/2006

AQ to be returned - 11/12/2006

Court Date - 14/02/2007

**SETTLED IN FULL**

CAPITAL ONE

**SETTLED IN FULL** 3/11/06

Hi pt

It seems Littlewoods are getting tougher to crack lately. Early last year they wiped a significant amount off in the space of 2 month.

I think they're playing silly buggers at the mo. The debt is soooo unenforceable.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

Hi Paul

Well,im just about to test a wee theory i have using s142(1) CCA, so as long as what Bradley Say has written is correct,and it would appear to be as its backed up by Halsburys Laws of England, im on a winner,

sent a LBA this afternoon by email so 14 days then its game on

I would wish you luck buy as you know more about the law than me l wont bother just say to you hope evrything goes well and if you need someone to stress out out we are here. Chrissi

Hi Edz

I read an article yesterday which was written by Bradley,

it basically outlined that a debtor could take an action to the court to have a declaration made under s142(1) CCA

he further said that the declaration would discharge the debtor from past and future obligations under the contract

Hi Paul....

yes I'm using 127 + 142 myself to get the "debt" declared unenforceable and "lost" to the creditor......forever

should work

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

I've got an issue with Littlewoods on this thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/127540-my-first-post-request.html

It's my first post, I'm not sure it's in the correct forum but I'd appreciate anyone taking a quick look as I'm keen to get some advice, thanks a lot