They want another tenner!!!

jojo84
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1873 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

2 and a 1/2 weeks ago I sent a DPA request for our joint account along with a £10 cheque from the same account. On the 21st May the abbey was due to deduct £290 from our account because of missed direct debits last month. (all missed because of a few hours when our wages went into the account via regular bank transfer). On the 19th may, we withdrew everything and placed it into a different bank in order to "PROTECT OUR HARD EARNED CASH"

We sent the Dpa letter and have heard nothing, I have just telephoned them and they have taken the request over the telephone saying they will deduct £10 from the accounts (While I was on the phone I have also requested the same for our two single accounts). We dont have any money in those accounts and we are also overdrawn in all 3. If we recover all the charges they will easily cover all 3 overdrafts. What should we do? make inroads to reduce the overdrafts which will involve paying the charges? Wait and see what happens? Pay £10 postal orders for all 3 requests along with another letter? Oh and the lady on the phone said although she has made the request today "it could take 4-6 weeks have a nice day sir! I'm thanking you!"

You pay one fee for details within the same organisation - so that's £10 - no more.

I would advise you send a postal order for this.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Correct - presuming that they are all in one name (i.e. even on joint accounts you will be named) but if one account is solely in, say, your wife's name, then that would be a separate request from her.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 3 weeks later...

I sent off one dpa letter for two accounts of mine, one single, one joint. I have received 2 seperate replys, both are about microfiche which I am looking into in order to reply. The single account reply ackowleges the £10 postal order but the joint account letter is requesting another £10 before anything happens. The cheeky devils! They owe me thousands! What should I do next?

Thanks

I'd just send them the other tenner & make them get on with things...... you'll be claiming it back after all :-)

Yorkshire Bank £2201.24 - Settled in full

My Abbey £731.34 - Settled in full

Hubby's Abbey £1239.49 - Settled in full

Thanks. I have adapted the microfiche letter and sent that with a note that the tenner covers ONE request for both my accounts. The joint account doesnt need my fellas signature for cheques or transactions. I have sent it recorded delivery today. 25 days to go out of 40!

thanks for your quick response.

Joey Trundle :rolleyes:

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 11 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1873 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks