Cresswell80 v HFC Bank - Default

cresswell80

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5165 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

When I obtained a copy of my credit report recently, I noticed that there was a settled default on there from HFC Bank from 2003. I really did not know what this was, hence CCA'd them and requested a copy of the default notice.

I've just received a response and it was for a marbles card. This makes sense now as I did have a Marbles card around that time, but on no occasion did I receive a default notice. If I recall, I settled this account when a DCA called me up and said "you must pay", so I did there and then by switch.

In response to my request for a copy of the default notice, HFC state the following:

Debt recovery letters are systematically produced. The law merely requires us to provide, if requested a copy of the type of letter sent. I confirm a default notice was sent to you on the 31st January 2004.

This sounds like a fob off to me - I'm sure I've read that the law requires an actual copy of the letter to be provided?

Can anyone provide any clarity on this - I've looked through the CCA 74 but can't seem to find the pertinent points...

thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

pm a mod for some help, it gets very lonely here on the outside threads:)

I have a marbles card so can understand where you are coming from....

It turns out they have no agreement for my account:D

they have just written and told me so, I bet they don't have a copy of the default notice they claim they sent you either!

If you send them a full S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) for eveything on your account it should be included in the response, if not you can report them to the Information Commissioners Office for non complience of your request

good luck

birchave

9-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent:o !! Lloyds and Halifax!

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Capital One

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Halifax Card Services

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Marbles

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Halifax (Birchave0's sis)

8-3-07 PPI refund Lloyds TSB Loan £1200 + £2900 off loan balance

22-5-07 Halifax *Won* £1025

23-9-07 Goldfish 8k balance written off, £2300 PPI + charges returned, no agreement