Barclays responce

schmoose
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6172 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have received a letter back from Barclays. They have said they received it on 17th May but I sent it on 11th May and the recorded delivery is stamped clearly at 14:49.

Please can you have a look and tell me what I can do now. I received this letter on wednesday 24th May so 13 days after I sent my first letter to them, Does anyone know what I can expect to happen or do I need to write another letter?

Thanks.

Thank you for your letter received at this office on 17th May 2007.

I am sorry you are unhappy with the charges you have incurred. Your comments are receiving attention and one of my team will contact you as soon as possible.

May I take this opportunity to explain that whilst we will endeavour to respond to you within timescale outlined in your letter, we cannot guarentee that we will do so. Sometimes it does take longer to fully investigate a complaint. However we do aim to find a solution within four weeks. If we are not bale to do so, we will always write to you explaining what is happening. A full report or an update on our progress will be sent to you within eight weeks.

Please refer to the enclosed leaflet which provides you with more a more detailed explanation on how we will deal with this matter.

Your Sincerely,

Signed in Ink...

Kevin Pr***us

Customer Relations Adviser.

Have you checked the royal mail site to see when it was received?

28/2/07

Sent request for repayment of charges totalling £2,800 (I want it ALL back!).

8/3/07

Barclays send sorry your not happy letter

14/3/07

Letter before action sent

25/4/07

Barclays offer £1,790

27/4/07

Thanks but no thanks to the offer sent

28/4/07

Filed with mcol, now looking at a figure of £3,500, they should of paid up when i asked nicely :-D

11/5/07

Barclays acknowledge claim

30/5/07

Barclays defend claim

19/6/07

Received notice of transfer to Northampton County Court and barclays excuse for a defence!!!

Its barclays usual stalling tactics ...... stick to your timescale if it was in responce to your prelim letter then send your LBA letter 14 days after they recieved your prelim .... if it was in responce to your LBA then start your court claim on the 14th day after they recieved your letter.

Barclays like to drag things out all the time so its important that you do stick to the tamescale you have given them

Hope this helps

Saint

thanks for your prompt responce. I have looked and they received it on 14th May 2007

Your item with reference DL188541394GB was delivered from our POPLAR Delivery Office on 14/05/07 .

There's your answer then, count the 14 days and as saintly says post the next letter maybe print out that page from royal mail website just for your records.

28/2/07

Sent request for repayment of charges totalling £2,800 (I want it ALL back!).

8/3/07

Barclays send sorry your not happy letter

14/3/07

Letter before action sent

25/4/07

Barclays offer £1,790

27/4/07

Thanks but no thanks to the offer sent

28/4/07

Filed with mcol, now looking at a figure of £3,500, they should of paid up when i asked nicely :-D

11/5/07

Barclays acknowledge claim

30/5/07

Barclays defend claim

19/6/07

Received notice of transfer to Northampton County Court and barclays excuse for a defence!!!

Hi I have just been looking at the lba and the text is like the pasted paragraph below. Because of what they have written back this doesnt sound right. Can anyone show me one they wrote as a variation after getting the same reply as me.

Thanks.

I am very disappointed that you have failed to respond to my letter of the [XXDATEXX].

I now understand that the regime of 'fees' which you have been applying to my account in relation to direct debit refusals, exceeding overdraft limits and so forth are unlawful at Common Law, Statute and recent Consumer regulations.

Shmoo,

It may well have been signed for on 14th but most prob sat in the Inpost tray for 3 days.

This is immaterial, as the girlies say continue with YOUR deadlines.

Your letter from them is word for word std.

You may get a further letter offering an offer of goodwill. to which you WILL need to reply even if you have sent in the LBA.

Dont be surprised if you hear nothing until their defence notice, this is also very common.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.