Russjo vs HSBC

Russjo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6083 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hijack away.

Back to a spot of business

I've received a Notice of Transfer of Proceedings and the claim has been transferred to my local county court. "Allocation questionnaire should be returned to the County Court" has been crossed through and it says that it should be dispensed with in this case unless the District Judge at the court of transfer orders otherwise.

The defence is as follows:

1. The Claimants account is governed by the Defendants personal and/or business banking terms and conditions

2. Pursuant to the Defendants terms and conditions the Defendant is entitled to make a charge for its services as set out in the Defendants price list, including an overdraft review fee for considering whether to provide and providing an overdraft

3. The Defendant denies that the charges applied to the Claimants account amount to penalties at Common law and/or unfair contract terms for the purposes of the UTCCRs

4. The charges applied to the Claimants account are reasonable and are properly and fully disclosed in the Defendants terms and conditions and published price list. The charges represent the contractually agreed price for the services provided and the UTCCRs are not applicable to them; alternatively, they are not unfair contrary to the UTCCRs. Further, the charges are not default charges and, accordingly cannot amount to a penalty.

5. Save as set out above, each and every allegation made by the Claimant is denied.

For the reasons set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief

They have made no particular reference to the fact that they have not administered the account properly and have overcharged me for their "services" :p

HFC Bank - First letter claiming £196/LBA sent/£75 offered/rejected/Claim filed

HFC Bank Take 2 - Statements received

A & L - Prelim sent/LBA sent

Barclays (for my Dad) - Awaiting statements/LBA for S.A.R. sent/Statements received/Prelim sent/LBA sent

A & L (for my Son) - Awaiting statements/Statements arrived Prelim letter sent/£280 offered and rejected

Abbey (for my Sister) - ***Won***

Barclays PPI claim

Studio - ***Won***

HSBC - (for my brother-in-law) ***Won*** 8-)

Hi Jo,

Best to just check with the local court as to whether there is still an AQ fee. Some courts are still charging for it although they've dispensed with the AQ. (That's if your claim is over £1500 of course)

Hope I'm not preaching to the converted here, Jo - I think you've been down this road (at least) a couple of times already. :-)

PS - this would seem to be the standard defence blurb from DG et al.

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

Hiya Johnny,

Nope you're not preaching at all, this is my first time in the legal process, the others settled before getting that far, so I'm going to need you guys to run things past you. The claim is for £243 including interest so I think I can safely say that I don't need to pay the AQ fee. Suppose I just wait for further directions from the court now, or is there something else I should be doing??

Barclays (for my Dad) - Awaiting statements/LBA for S.A.R. sent/Statements received/Prelim sent/LBA sent

A & L (for my Son) - Awaiting statements/Statements arrived Prelim letter sent/£280 offered and rejected

Barclays PPI claim

Studio - ***Won***

Hiya Freaky,

Yup done that straight after I filed the claim. Who do I send the nudge letters to, DG, HSBC or HFC???

Jo

xx

Barclays PPI claim

Studio - ***Won***

Believe me, I've got loads to do speechless-smiley-040.gif. I'm going to file a claim for my son's and my account against A&L and my dad's against Barclays, just to make sure we don't lose out. I've also got another claim on the back burner against HFC and two credit card claims for my son, that's without PPI and just living :D . If you can find anything else, I'd be really grateful as I don't appear to have accumulated enough grey hairs over the last week to plead a case for hardship LOL. Truthfully, thanks for your help, like I said, I'm gonna need it and if you can point me in the direction of a nudge letter I'd be grateful for that too, if not, that will be reading for tomorrow night :)

Barclays PPI claim

Studio - ***Won***

The waiting game begins again Jo! ;)

I know you're a busy lady , but if you have time, have a read of this thread (#1) which Latty pointed me towards. Apart from being a good laugh, it may also relieve the fear of actually having to appear in court.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/108302-found-new-posts-very-new-post.html

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys

Just back from holiday in Bulgaria and catching up with my washing. Now all I need to do is catch up with what's what on here. Thanks for the links and the nudge letters. Hope to be back on track asap

:)

Barclays PPI claim

Studio - ***Won***

Wecome back, Jo, hope you had a great time!

As you've probably gathered, the whole scenario has changed. Court stays are flying around like confetti and it depends on your court as to whether you can have it removed.

I don't know if you've had anything from the court, but rather than bog you down with info have a read of some of the stickys above and you'll get the gist of it. Also have a look at these (courtesy of Latty):

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/107550-oft-test-claim-what.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/111117-stays-info-guidance.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/17065-application-removal-stay-updated.html#post1046820

However, bear in mind that you can't ask for a stay to be lifted before you are notified that one is in force.

I think I'll leave you to it, Jo -that's enough to be going on with ......:shock:

Nice to have you back on the forum :)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Hi Guys,

Holiday was great and I'm still chilled out. I'm finding it really difficult to get motivated again. I've just today had my HFC (HSBC) case stayed at Bow County Court. Can't make up my mind what to do with my A&L claims. I just want to make sure that I don't lose out on the statute of limitations. Nothing's straight forward and I could really do with "straight forward" at the moment :(

Barclays PPI claim

Studio - ***Won***

My thinking is if something is straight forward and easy to do then it's not worth doing! Any claim you have, get it in now! once it is stayed it is then in the system ready to be dealt with once the oft case is sorted!

It's not a problem it's a challenge! If everyone can do it then your not special! Anyone can be complacent but not many can stand up and fight for their rights!

Please don't respond to this post with clichés! LOL:D

Seriously, glad to see your fighting on Jo!

• Haha 1

untitled.jpg

Go get 'em again, Tiger!!

Nemo me impune lacessit

Hi Guys,

I think I've come to the conclusion that as I just cannot get to the court myself to file my claims, I will just use MCOL and get them into the system. The earliest day off I've got during the week is October :eek: and I really don't want to wait that long.

I know what you're saying about straight forward, but I'm only managing to pop on here every now and again at the moment, however, generally, I am a Tiger who loves a challenge (just not so many all at the same time :) )

And Freaky, LOOK AT YOU SITE HELPER!! Congratulations well done.

I'll let you know how I get on

xx

Barclays PPI claim

Studio - ***Won***

Hi Pete,

Funny enough, I read that somewhere this evening, so that has made me feel a whole heap better. I'm in the midst of sorting it out and it will be in the post within the next few days.....PHEW! Thanks matey

Jo

Barclays PPI claim

Studio - ***Won***