• Tweets

• I don't think I've ever seen someone appeal a mags court decision on fare evasion, JK, but as you say in this case TiredDodo has pleaded guilty. It is possible to challenge, as below. HB Appeal a magistrates’ court decision: Overview - GOV.UK WWW.GOV.UK How to challenge a decision by a magistrates' court. Including how to get a fine reviewed, if you did not know about your case, how to appeal to the...  
    • Update! I have now opened the mail from Barclaycard. I am assuming that their letters were prompted by my confirmation to them of my change of address, which I had advised them of twice. They are treating my change of address notification as a "General Data Protection Regulation Right of Access Request"  and state that I have made a "Right of Access Request. They are asking me to provide valid indentity documents! I have made no such request and am minded to ignore their request for extra information? I should add that their letters were sent to my correct current address!
    • Are you allowed to appeal if you plead guilty?   I know you appeal the sentence, but the criminal record formed from your guilt would surely remain?   I'm not sure if your able to appeal a crimianl record if you plead guilty are you?
    • DX: I did not pursue Link after I got the CCJ amended to monthly payments. Pretty sure the CCJ does not mention reviews, I do have the CCJ somewhere, I will have to look it up in storage. It is as mentioned on the thread you referenced  in your post #28. The Barclays loan was taken out in September 2004 for 60 months! Current Balance remaining approx £2K. On checking back my past correspondence with Barclaycard about this loan, there was a history of them ignoring my letters and offers to pay, and I even had problems in obtaining their bank account details for them to accept my payments! I have received strange correspondence from them too, one referring to insurance which I did not have. They seem very disorganised! Barclaycard told me to pay "Masterloan" a while back and I now receive regular statements and arrears notices from "Personal Loans from Barclaycard" clearly marked Masterloan, they changed the account reference number! I have never requested a CCA on this account. I advised them of my change of address last September, but they are still sending, until today, statements etc. to my old address! I have received 2 letters from Barclaycard Loan today though, not opened them yet!!
    • Yes, a few months ago. They wrote back saying there was no CCA and the debt was unenforcable. I then started gtting bombarded with threatening emails from their 'litigations team' which have been sent to spam. I've now recieved the letter before claim with the PAP form enclosed, but still no CCA or even a letter from them to say the debt is deemed enforcable. Thank you.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

default notice received.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6138 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all, My son has just received a default notice from the Falihax. It relates toa personal loan he took out in July, 2005. He has late with a number of payments in the last three months and as a result has racked up some six lots of £39.00 charges. I have sent in a claim for the return of those only on Thursday last and then on Friday he gets the Default notice. They are requiring repayment of the remaining amount of loan which is about £1600. by the 6th of June otherwise they will register a default at the Credit reference agencies.

My question is 1. What effect does this have on him in future if the do register the default. ( Its never happened to me so I dont really know what to tell him). 2. I am in a position to pay this off for him and then he can repay me monthly instead therefore there will be no further hasssle from them, but is this the best way to go about it.

We would appreciate some advice prior to the 6th June, Thanking you in anticipation.

Hi there, the info below is regarding default notices.

What is a Default Notice?

Introduction

A Default notice is simply a record placed on your file by creditors stating that you have been in default in some way. Such notices may have been placed without your knowledge and despite a subsequent remedy to the default.

Under the terms of your credit agreement you will probably have agreed that the lender has the right to inform the credit agencies of any default.

If you need to check your credit files check out Repair Your Credit History for the standard letters to send to the major credit reference agencies.

Unlike the procedures for the Removal of CCJ’s you cannot have a default notice removed without the consent of the relevant creditor/lending institution.

In this section you will find all the procedures and correspondence to help you arrange the removal of the notice.

The willingness of the lending institution will depend on whether any of the following situations apply to you:

• The default notice was served but payments have now been brought up-to- date
  • The loan has now been fully repaid
  • Payments are still in default but a repayment schedule has been agreed or you wish to agree a revised repayment schedule
  • You disagree with the default notice, and it has been placed on your file incorrectly
  • You may have unknowingly fallen behind on a Mail Order company account. Most Mail Order companies do not send out reminders and may have terminated the account as a bad debt

I hope that this answers your question.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

Thank you very much Jowalshy for your information. It looks like the best course of action is to pay off the outstanding loan BEFORE they notify the credit agencies, thereby not having any more charges, telephone calls at all hours of the day and evening. If anyone thinks otherwise please let me know.

Further to last message, should I consider closing the account with Halifax and changing to another bane, OR are all the banks and institutions much the same. Has anyone got any good or bad experiences of changing banks and can they recommend any one in particular?????????????????

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again,

I have paid off the loan with the Halifax but on reading through this forum it would seem that there may have been charges applied to the loan for the times I was late paying it in and for which the Halifax charged me £39 each time, is there any way I can find out what unnecessary charges were applied and can I claim them back now.

In today post I received a letter from Halifax re my second claim for charges on my account and it waffles on that They advised me that all future charges would stand and they refuse any refund.Well we'll just see about that! There are two weeks to go before I send off the Letter Before Action

Any advice please re charges on the loan?????????????

You will need your SAR for the loan, than claim as you have done on other claims.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Thank you Sea side lady, I have looked at the S A R but they seem to be requesting bank statements. Is there another SAR especially for loans. I realise the charges were for late payments of the direct debits which were going to pay off the loan, but on top of those would the bank have applied charges to the loan for non receipt of the monthly payments even though they got them later than agreed. You see, I dont know if I was charged extra on the actual loan. I do hope you can see what I am getting at.

• 2 weeks later...

I have sent off my letter before action and time is up today and had no response from halifax In the meantime there have been more charges notified to the account which do not show on the schedule I submitted to them 14 days ago. What I would like to know is can I just ADD these new charges to the schedule I am preparing for Court without having to go through the LBA scenario again

Don't expect replies by return of post.

HBOSplc just doesn't work that way. They seem to think that if the delay and prevaricate long enough - then we'll go away.

We won't!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Well I have just sat down to complete the Court form and I cant seem to get it to work. I can get the template up showing the blue Court form but I thought I could fill in the template and it would transfer to the actual court form without having to type out all the stuff on the form. No matter how I try to do it it just will not let me type onto the template, anyone with advice as to what I am doing wrong

If it's N1 I had this trouble - put you cursor UNDER where you think you would type. Plus at the top right hand side it says highlight fields - click that too.

I had a terrible time when I first did mine. Any other worries just post here.

Thank you again Moneyhelp. That worked ok. I have now completed forms and schedule ready to take to Court AM tomorrow. The last charge was applied to the account today, thats why I have left it until now to do it. It is very frustrating when you are not very computor savvy and only use two fingers to type and other things seem more important. However I have persisted and done it and in no small way thanks to this excellent site and its members