Mortgage Exit Administration Fees with Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6177 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I need some advice on how to go about claiming for the above, I have a default template letter but don't have any record of how much I was charged for Halifax's administrative efforts in 2003! Since then I moved to Woolwich for 2 years only to come back to Halifax again this year.

Also, would appreciate if anyone can kindly briefly explain process of claiming and if you've been successful did you claim full amount?

Furthermore, do I send the letter to Halifax head office?

Many thanks, and enjoy bank holiday weekend.

hi there,

i used the money saving expert site for this as they have all te template letters and also have a section dedicated to this.

i had 2claims one with abbey and one with northern rock. from sending letter to receiving cheques was 3 weeks.

some refund the whole amount others just the difference.

maybe i should not be plugging another site on here but i thought this section was very good.

Mortgage Fees: Reclaim £100s of unfair fees if you've switched/repaid a mortgage | MoneySavingExpert: Consumer Revenge, Credit Cards, Shopping, Bank Charges, Cheap Flights and more,

here is the link to the section

regards and good luck

andromeda411

Mortgage Fees: Reclaim £100s of unfair fees if you've switched/repaid a mortgage | MoneySavingExpert: Consumer Revenge, Credit Cards, Shopping, Bank Charges, Cheap Flights and more,

Hi dewsbury, if you look on there it has a list of all banks etc and their exit fees, with details how to claim them .

I got £135 back off Halifax with a phone call it was dead easy, they sent me a cheque within days

Thanks for the reply Mack

what do I say to them when I ring them? Is there a way of putting words together to make myself look like I know what I am talking about (even though I don't lol).

Many thanks for your co-operation.

You dont need to know what you are talking about........they have a dedicated number for this.

They will ask a few security questions, ask when u took mortgage out etc etc then tell you how much they owe you if they do owe you anything.

They then send out a form to sign and return then send you a cheque.

They forgot the form signing stage for us though :) and just sent the cheque lol

I agree with the above. I phoned the dedicated number, gave a couple of security answers, account no. etc and dates. In all it took about 2 mins and I was £35 better off!! I had no forms to sign, just received a cheque about 2 weeks later.:)