Anyone else on here with court 'defence' deadline of (approx) June 17th?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5231 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I'm reclaiming £2700 from the Halifax. (Used all the appropriate templates/added contractual interest, etc.) Not much back in the way of letters back from the bank, other than standard 'fob off' letter sent to me on 21st April. ' we're investigating your complaint,..." I got bored of playing this game after a couple of weeks :-| and I initiated a court claim via MCOL. It was issued on 14th May and Halifax responded fairly quickly (on 21st May) with 'an aknowledgement', so they have a further 28 days to file a defence.

Reading some of the threads on here it seems likely that Halifax will pay up just before the 28 day deadline; :p I just wondered if anyone else on here has a similar deadline, so notes can be compared!;)

Also, I haven't 'spoken' to the bank at all throughout this very SCARY business - everything has been in writing. Should I communicate with the bank at all at this stage now, or to their legal department, or not at all? If speaking to them might speed the claim up a little, what should I say?!

(I feel like downing 1/2 a bottle of wine before phoning because I'm so nervous but that could seriously backfire!)

Any advice?