capitalising on capital one

sowerby17
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6103 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The thing is i only want what is fair i did not even charge them puchase interest only 30% intereston the charges i had to unlawfully pay which in turn left me short to pay other things which in turn led to more charges.etc.etc.I try to earn an honest crust too.I also am willing to compromise with them.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ooh its a difficult one!

I know exactly what you mean Sowerby - I used the same justification for adding CCI to my claim. Even though you were only paying them 14% the charges do indeed mean you cannot reduce the balance and extra charges often leads to more expensive borrowing (it did in my case - but then I'm a burk!) However when they refunded the charges plus ALL of my purchase interest and then added 8% I had to concede that it was fairer than many other companies are doing. Particularly as Doo's epic battle has only brought an extra £200 to date.

I know the lost court case was against a bank and I'd be very interested to see what would happen with a CC case - I wouldn't wish a loss on anyone though. Presumably (as in my case) once u receive our cheque and bank it then it safe whichever way you go. it won't be a case 'and here's what you could have won...!'

If you have the stomach to continue for the full amount then Good Luck - we're all rooting for you!

Ellie

hmm, good point.

Strangely enough, despite me sending an acceptance letter to cap 1 along with a discontinuance letter to the court (copied to Cap1) early last week. Guess what came in the post today - Cap 1s completed AQ. They've got too much time on their hands...

I will 100% guarantee you that you will not win in court.

Did you know a precedent had been set at the high Courts regarding CCI?

I'm sorry forestrich but you are WRONG.

Yes a precedent has been set against CCI in connection with BANK charges as there was ruled NOT to be an implied term for this action.

In the case of credit cards there is NO implied term but an actual one as that what is clearly says in your contract.

Please ensure your facts are correct before post potential misleading information.

Also the not winning in court, again complete and utter rubbish, even against the likes of Citicard who are thought to be the hardest to win against.

IMHO reclaiming of charges is easiest against credit cards as there is so mucch more evidence in our favour, for example the OFT document from April 2006 and that's just for starters.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

I worked out my cci at 28.9%, as for them paying out well that remains to be seen. I was awarded judgment(in default) and cap 1 eventually wrote back saying they hadnt received claim and offerring me stat interest but as they havent paid anything yet (letter dated 29th June) I have had no option but to ask for warrent of execution so we will wait and see what happens, I might well end up getting cci.

Good luck Sourby17 hope you get it.

KM_S

why do you keep making these statements with no back up information-where exactly do you get your info from-or are you just assuming??????

how do you KNOW this will go to court??-if you do then on what grounds will this case be lost-you obviously know the reason to make these comments--or do you REALLY know quite as much as you think you do????????????

lloyds S.A.R -sent 04/04/200

statements received 11/05/2007

prelim-14/05/2007 -£4987

lba-30/05/2007

n1-20/07/2007

Co-Op prelim sent-20/04/2007-£136.50

settled in full

goldfish prelim-27/06/2007

capital one -deemed served -01/07/2007

settlement without cci offered 17/07/2007

halifax prelim-17/07/2007

aqua--prelim-13/07/2007

welcome-prelim-30/06/2007

lba-14/07/2007

good luck km_s

prelim-14/05/2007 -£4987

lba-30/05/2007

n1-20/07/2007

settled in full

aqua--prelim-13/07/2007

lba-14/07/2007

when are you going to take next step km_s?

prelim-14/05/2007 -£4987

lba-30/05/2007

n1-20/07/2007

settled in full

aqua--prelim-13/07/2007

lba-14/07/2007

Jubaxt, you're probably right, obviously I'm just fishing.

Or maybe I'm offering a point of view that isn't offered elsewhere on thsi forum.

sometimes people have such tunnel vision that they are afraid of views or information that counters their own.

Hey guys

First of all we are here both to reclaim charges and help each other, there is absolutely no point in putting people off claiming (paintball please note) and please try and keep it friendly.

Right now I have got that off my chest just to keep you folks in the picture last friday filed for "Execution of Warrent", Cap 1 will get notice of intended visit of bailiff if they do not act. They can ask for a set aside as they claim they didnt receive the claim but it might not go down to well with the judge when a letter informing them that they hadnt responded to the claim was signed for on the 5th June and even giving them more time to respond.

The other aspect I have done is (all doubters of cci take note) give the judge the option of calculating stat interest should he feel cci not allowed (the old saying of "cover your 6" is good here).

Anyway we will see what happens.

KM_S

sometimes people have such tunnel vision that they are afraid of views or information that counters their own.

Yes notably Spurious Egyptian Devils who work for DCAs. Wake up smell the coffee. You have been working too long for these people obviously you believe all the stuff they feed you. Its called the mushroom syndrome, kept in the dark and fed S***:rolleyes:

Ok folks, I'm not gonna continue to argue with you. I've been right in the past, and I will be right in the future.

Please go ahead with your claims, but if they fail, have a quick look back to this thread.

I do wish you luck though. judging by your stories you all seem comlpetely entitled to profit from not paying your bills.

Ok folks, I'm not gonna continue to argue with you. I've been right in the past, and I will be right in the future.

Please go ahead with your claims, but if they fail, have a quick look back to this thread.

I do wish you luck though. judging by your stories you all seem comlpetely entitled to profit from not paying your bills.

forestrich not sure I like your attitude and im sure im not alone, however I will ask you one thing, can you explain why you are on this site as you obviously disapprove of what it stands for. Any mods care to comment?