capitalising on capital one

sowerby17
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6077 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

here goes sent cap one sar and the next day sent to them asking for £900 of charges to be refunded.i knew this as they told me on the phone how much charges were. Anyway got an offer off them for £380 on wed this week the next day my statements came and i went for the cci and it toatlled £2668approx.What a difference. But i am not sure about the interest rate as my statement said 1.08% which i believe works out to be 13.0%.I have charged them 27%. Any advice?Notsent LBA yet.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sowerby,

Hi and welcome to the site,

You've definately taken the first step into claiming back what's rightfully yours.

Spend time reading the FAQ's and the Step by Step guide as this will stop you making mistakes along the way. Use the letters and spreadsheets in the Templates Library as these have all been tried and tested in successful claims. Read as many threads as you can especially ones that relate to your bank. This is a SELF HELP site and won’t do the work involved for you. However, everything you need is on here somewhere.

Don't be afraid to ask any questions, no matter how stupid they may seem, but please remember that any advice that you receive is normally based on experience only and that you should seek expert advice if required.

Once you start the process of your claim remember to open a thread in the relative bank forum, this will enable you, and others helping you, to keep track of your claim.

Good luck with your claim.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Hi this link has an APR calculator on it http://www.zen122856.zen.co.uk/CompoundSheet_v1.9.xls

I put in your monthly figure of 1.08% and it came up with 13.76%APR. How did you arrive at the 27% figure?

Barclays - 2 Accounts - WON

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON

LTSB pre 6 years - N1 for non compliance filed

Barclays pre 6 years - Prelim sent

Did you get any manual intervention sheets with your SAR? I found my monthly rate on there. It was from 2000-20001 but mine only worked out at 17.6ish% Check Cap 1 website for current figures!

Barclays - 2 Accounts - WON

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON

LTSB pre 6 years - N1 for non compliance filed

Barclays pre 6 years - Prelim sent

will do but not sure if it is necessary as i have since read that you can only claim cci from the outset of the claim. I had originally read that it was to be claimed at the lba stage.Waiting on advice about this.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Sowerby, I'm not sure about the LBA stage?

As far as Im aware if you claim CCI you have to state that you are claiming this from the very beginning.

Wonder if Aviator would know?

You could always check on the other threads claiming CCI.

As far as the interest is concerned I looked on the capital one website & went into my own account to check what they were charging me.

It clearly stated that the interest was 34.9% so this is what I charged them.

Wish I could help more with the other question.

? if you could start your claim all over again.

It is my understanding that you can add CCI at LBA stage, but no later. You cannot include it at court stage if you have not previously mentioned it. Maybe someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

glav:)

If you are claiming CCI it should be from the Prelim stage and continued throughout your claim all the way to court.

Now when it gets to court opinions are divided.

Most people go with stat, 8%, interest, but a few have managed to claim both CCI AND Stat !!

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

It's worth a try at the LBA stage. If you amend the LBA saying that you are now claiming Contractual Interest, due to information received about bank and credit card charges. As the LBA is giving them another chance to settle without court action, send in a new spreadsheet with updated figures. You will probably have to file with the court anyway so go for contractual as well. It's what they have charged you. You can't claim both lots of interest. It's contractual or 8%.

I have seen a few send in LBA's straight away with contractual interest and won.

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

will do but not sure if it is necessary as i have since read that you can only claim cci from the outset of the claim. I had originally read that it was to be claimed at the lba stage.Waiting on advice about this.

Hi Sowerby

1. To work out your APR use the calculator as posted above. My rates varied over 3 years and I took the average at 30%. If yours is 27%, so be it.

2. Schedule of charges should include CCI on each charge from the outset of claim, ie, Prelim letter onwards. This is the best way to do it as per directions/suggestions on this site.

3. You can only get one lot of interest, not both. Go for CCI and at Court stage you include stat int at 8% as an alternative. If is for the judge to decide should you go to court.

4. READ THE FAQs on the front page of this website, also TEMPLATE LETTERS so that you are making informed decisions.

HTH :D

Well cap one certainly have not put any money in my account as part payment. I have not signed anything to say i have accepted anypayment , just most people seem to have had theirs credited. Well sending lba tommorrow. Never got it done today.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

• 3 weeks later...

If your quick, ring the court and amend it. They may do it for free, otherwise it will cost £35 to amend, which is not claimable.

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Are the spreadsheets at the wrong rate as well or just the POC you filed?.

WARNING TO ALL

Just the poc as i was not sure of the interest I did 30% which is 4% less than on thier website at the minute,

however since then i have found that mine is 12.9%. I presume cap one will just pay out that rate when they pay up.?