Mnemonics

1TOPCAT
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6530 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

First post, just starting down what looks like a very long road, it would be useful if someone could list explanations of DPA, DCA, etc.etc looked around site but not found any list so just guessing for now, a definitive list would help new starters. Thanks

:) take a look here - hopefully this will answer your question? :)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=2781&highlight=abbreviation

mechs

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Can't see the 2 you asked about on the abbreviations list so:

DPA = Data Protection Act

DCA = Debt Collection Agency

Gets a bit confusing doesn't it? I still have to stop & think about what folk are talking about sometimes (& I'm ex Army who are masters of all daft abbreviations lol).

Yorkshire Bank £2201.24 - Settled in full

My Abbey £731.34 - Settled in full

Hubby's Abbey £1239.49 - Settled in full

Hi All

Thanks for info, it is the sites mnemonics having trouble with, ie. I have seen on reading forums (DCA disclosure offense committed), any ideas.

will do progress soon, time always a problem, starting with Barclays and Barclaycard.

TC

From memory, the abbreviation in that post means that the boarder had asked the Debt Collection Agency for details of the contract that they were attempting to collect, using the Data Protection Act. They couldn't find the information to supply and as such had technically commited a disclosure offence. As a consequence of which, they didn't have any evidence of a debt and they had to walk away.

Oh, and welcome by the way. *waves*

A&L: Settled - £6,200

HFC: Settled - £800

Shell Visa: Settled - £250

Egg: Settled - £700

Mint: Settled - £1200

RBS: Settled - £850

The opionions in this post are guaranteed to conform to the laws of physics, but pretty much nothing else...

Thanks

So can this scenario be applied to any DCA trying to collect from an individual.

I have just seen the reference again on alanfromderby (moderator) list of bank attacks.

Thanks for welcome.

TC