Bryan Carter still exist?????

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5347 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just rang the Law society to ask if Bryan Carter & Co are still trading as I have seen lots of posts saying they no longer are. The Law Society said they are still trading, is this true

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you mis understand, what they state is the Bryan Carter is still trading as a practicing solicitor, but the company Bryan Carter & Co is not trading it seased trading on the 28th february 2007,

I do mean Bryan Carter & Co the company as I have just had a letter from them but have read on here they have ceased trading so I rang The Law society and they said it is the trading name of Crellins Carter Solicitors. But other people seem to have been saying the Law society are interested in them. Or am I missing the point?

Bryan Carter & Co seased trading on the 28th feb 2007, he then became a partner with derek crellin and formed the company Crellins Carter,

...:::Crellins Carter Solicitors:::...

Click on the link and click on people perhaps this will explain it to you

also please read attachment below from the society of solicitors.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=494&d=1178721641

I hope this gives you a clearer picture.

• 2 months later...

What is the TRUE position of Bryan Carter Solicitors as at 9 August 2007?

My enquiry to the Law Society at legalcomplaints.org produced the following reply:

" Dear Sir

Our records show the office of Bryan Carter to be open, there is a branch office that has closed down but the main solicitors firm is still running.

[THREAD ID:1-FRV00]

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 09/08/2007 00:07:47

To: [email protected]"

Harrasment continues......how does one stop it?

On enquiry today I received a reply from legalcomplaints.org.uk :

Thank you for your enquiry.

According to our records we do currently have a firm with the name Bryan Carter & Co based at Persimmon House who opened up on 1 March 2007.

We also have a record of a previous firm by that name which ceased trading on 28 February 2007.

Yours sincerely

Customer Contact Centre

Email Enquiries Team

• 5 months later...

I have today recieved a letter from Bryan Carter & co,threatening me with court action for a carphone warehouse acc that, when i purchased a phone the carphone warehouse asked for a £100 deposit returnable when we sent our 4th and 8th bill.This agreement the carphone warehouse did not honour, we have tried to explain this to Fredrickson International Limited to.We do not know who we are dealing with Fredrickson or Carters. please help, Terry

When we were dealing with Egg Plc over two debts we were dunned in quick succession by DLC (Direct Legal and Collections), Fredrickson International and finally Bryan Carter who served a Claims Form in the County Court for a portion of the debts. We filed a Defence and sent CCA letters to Egg Plc requesting all the relevant documantation. They failed to produce these and we informed the Court. Eventually, just about on the deadline in October 2007 Bryan Carter issued a "Notice of Discontinuation" and we have had no further communications from any party.

I have not heard from Egg either and they have gone past their deadline. Is my next step to go back to the court where they have stayed the CCJ for now and let them know. I am stuck on what to do. Bryan Carter have sent letters and Frederickson's and now Arrow Global. I have a similar case with Capquest and now have received a allocation Questionaire for a case that has a CCJ against me. I have done a thread separately but not many responses so jumping on this one?

To Suzylou

In our cases we filed the Acknowledgement and then later filed a Defence in which we advised the Court that we were trying to obtain the CCA documentation directly from Egg Plc. with copies of these letters to the Court. Eventually by the 28 days we advised the Court that we had received no satisfactory replies and documentation from Egg and therefore were unable to file a detailed defence. It was some 40 days after this that we receiced the "Notice of Discontinuance" from the Court and Bryan Carter.

I do hope that you have kept the Court informed of your attempts to obtain the CCA documentation and advised of their failure to supply.

There is sufficient information in the many threads in this Forum to advise that without this documentation it would be difficult to enforce, unless you acknowledge the debt.

Very unusually must have too much time on my hands....

This may be of interest to some but may contradict the advice that you should not speak to these people. It could be construed as toying for my own satisfaction (that's just my nature) and you should think very carefully before deciding to ring any DCA. I also recommend planning your call, and write down on paper the questions you are going to ask - it focusses you, prevents getting flustered on the phone and is also a good way of keeping a record of telephone conversations.

I am handling a claim which has been going on for 2 years. Despite going through all the processes detailed elsewhere, a "FINAL NOTICE" on Bryan Carter & Co letterhead stating a summons would be issued was recently received and as I have quite a file (& defence) built up and reasonable knowledge, thanks to spending many hours on this site, decided to ring them. On the bottom of the letter it does state "Bryan Carter & Co is the trading name of Crellins Carter Solicitors". The telephone number quoted is 0870 112 5132. As I have an aversion to lining anyones pockets by using premium numbers (**see below) I checked it on SAYNOTO0870.COM - Non-Geographical Alternative Telephone Numbers to find the geographical number behind it. The number came up as 01932 333275. Having rung this number and been kept on hold for 15 minutes with the usual "your call is important to us" (I bet it is - it's making someone between 4-10p/min if you use the 0870 number) hung up and rang Crellins Carter directly on 01932 858833 (obtained from their website) and got through straight away to their main office. Explained I couldn't get through on the number quoted but the matter was urgent. I was given an alternative number 0870 777 5501 (checked it whilst still on the line - also goes through to 01932 333275). When I explained this I was told "You know more than me then - that's very efficient" - you bet. Again asked if I could speak to someone as the matter was urgent and was passed through to someone else who, when given the reference number, said she didn't recognise it and asked what it related to. Brief explanation of the letter and that I couldn't get through and she then asked for my number and she would look into it and ring me back. (**This is where I get a bit hypocrital as I have purchased an 0871 number for £9.95, which routes to my phone seamlessly, and which I give out to tele-marketing companies or anyone I don't really want to ring me. If they do ring at least it's making me money and if I have the time I keep them on the phone :D !!!).

Anyway she promised to get back to me and when asked her name she said ".. my names Shirley, I'm Bryan Carter's secretary" !!!!!!

I must stress I was speaking to the MAIN office and as such was very courteous and polite and thanked her for her assistance (always be assertive but never get aggressive). I am still awaiting a call back though !!:rolleyes: Be interesting to see if someone does ring back.

You do have time on your hands what a great idea about the 0870 number!

So what you are saying is it does not matter if the court say no way you have to pay they still come after you?

On the allocation questionairre i have asked for one month to prepare more defence. Cap quest have asked i send a payment to get the CCA info .Is it right I should pay 10.00 to get the CCA? Surely if it is not my debt they cannot charge me to get papers that might not be relevant to this debt.

hi suzylou. new at all this myself but everything i have read states just one pound as payment for cca and send by recorded delivery. have had numerous dealings with capquest & found them to be more reasonable than some of the other cowboys. perhapsthe 10.00 is typing error?

• 3 weeks later...

Sort of good news so far the court have written to us to tell us the CCJ will be struck off if they Capquest do not respond by the weekend. so we are waiting with baited breath to sort this one. Will let you know and thanks for everyone's solid advice if we can sort something then with some guidance everyone could I feel sorry for those who do not know about this site but I am spreading the word.:-)

For collectors of Bryan Carter trivia I received a letter in Seoul where I am a resident. Of course this is an Egg matter. The envelope had a royal mail sticker stating that the sender had not paid enough postage for airmail, and therefore the letter arrived Feb 11 dated 17 Feb and with a final deadline of Jan 27.

The only contact given was a phone no and the address and an email

[email protected]. As he seems to have a disability I sent an email. You will be interested but not surprised that I received

With reference to your message with the subject:

"Receipt of letter dated 17 january"

The local mail transport system has reported the following problems

it encountered while trying to deliver your message:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

*** [email protected]

Error connecting to primary server '194.154.164.82'

A search for www.briancartersolicitors.co.uk revealed no current address or to be precise

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Lost connection to MySQL server during query in /home1/baroonwww/dbconnect.php on line 6

µðºñ ¿¬°á ½ÇÆÐ

I await my summons - I doubt if he has heard of the Hague Convention on the service of summons (if you live overseas you may want to google this)

Hi,

Some information for people who have a debt passed to BC&co.

If you have a debt that is passed to BC&co they will usually CCJ you. The amount they will claim for is usually around 10% of the total owed. You get the court paper and it will have wording like "The claimant claims £125 as part of a debt under agreement xxxxxx. The claimant still has the right to claim the remainder etc.."

This is BC&co claiming their own costs of which an admission was made by an employee of theirs to me. What they are doing is garunteeing they get their commission by CCJ'ing people under the debt that is owed and only claiming a small amount which is actually their charge.

Be warned folks.

Brian Carter and their principals failed to supply the papers under a CCA request and then in the end filed a "Notice of Discontinuance". As noted above, they had only claimed a portion of the alleged debt. As they have discontinued the proceedings is this the end of the matter, or can they, or their prinicipals, still come back in the future and claim the full amount?

• 2 months later...

I had a letter today from Bryan Carter & Co Solicitors (that is what it was headed) but at the bottom in small print it states

Please note that Bryan Carter & Co is the trading name of Crellins Carter Solcitiors of 111 Queens Road, WEybridge Surrey KT13 9UW

So is this legitimate or not, as it is a letter Headed Final Notice, no matter that I send them a cca the other week(which they haven't responded to and neither have Fredericksons the signature was the same for both companies signing for my cca request)

So is this legitimate or not

It's legitimate.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi Unique,

Just type "Bryan Carter" into the search facility. They still exist alright and it is legit but are their methods ? make your own mind up and then join the merry band who just love this firm !!!!!!

Arrrrrrrrrrrrgh

BB

Please note: I am not a lawyer and as such any advice I give is purely from a laymans point of view;-)

Write back to them stating that the account is in dispute. Do you have a thread on this as I would rather answer on their rather than deal with it on this one.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5347 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks