Help! Can I claim yet?

Dave06
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6499 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can I claim back my fines now for going over my overdraft limit and for my direct debits going out even though I am still about £500 over my overdraft limit and paying back about £40 each month including their £16 interest they add on each month? I`m worried they might demand it all back if I do. Plus I have to pay back about £180 at the end of this month for the next 3 months until I`m within my overdraft limit which I wont be able to afford. Help!

First things first would be to find out what they owe... It may be enough to clear your overdraft !

• Confused 1

If you have found this post (or any other post) useful ensure you click on the scales in the top right of that post to give credit where credit is due.:D

DO YOU HAVE A WEBSITE AND WANT TO PROVIDE A VALUABLE LINK TO THIS FORUM ? Go to this thread:-http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=52854

As ever, with (I believe most if not) all advice given on this website, I am not qualified to give any advice and you are duly warned that any decisions are your own decisions made on your own account and no liability will be accepted for any advice followed ! Use your own judgment.

Seek advice of a qualified, insured, professional if you have any doubts.

Yes I think it probably would or very close to clearing it at least! I`ll dig out my statements and work it out. So I should be able to claim now even though I still owe them money?

Don`t know what to do now because if I can claim the interest for going over the overdraft limit which is £16 something a month I am still paying that at the moment and will be for a few months yet so maybe I should wait until I`ve got back within my limit. And if they do demand it all back I`m in trouble which they said they will if I cant pay back what I m supposed to.

You must remember that it's only the interest on the charges and not the interest on the overdraft... (Although they may be one and the same)

You can reasonably amend your claim up to filing in court if they continue to add charges/interest...

If you have a look around the site I'm fairly sure that they cannot demand repayment if the amount is in dispute... By the sounds of it most of your overdraft is caused by the fees... And hence most of it would be in dispute...

If you have found this post (or any other post) useful ensure you click on the scales in the top right of that post to give credit where credit is due.:D

DO YOU HAVE A WEBSITE AND WANT TO PROVIDE A VALUABLE LINK TO THIS FORUM ? Go to this thread:-http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=52854

As ever, with (I believe most if not) all advice given on this website, I am not qualified to give any advice and you are duly warned that any decisions are your own decisions made on your own account and no liability will be accepted for any advice followed ! Use your own judgment.

Seek advice of a qualified, insured, professional if you have any doubts.

I started paying interest as soon as I used the overdraft and it looks like I paid between 1.22% and 2% depending on whether I`m within or outside the limit but now its 1.22% as long as I pay off the right amount each month and I`m still about £500 past my overdraft limit. The charges were £200 for referal fees and they`re not charging me now only interest for being over my overdraft limit. Far too complicated for me to work out what I can claim!