style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6151 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys ,

This is a bit of a strange one , i had a court fine which was to Drakes which i was paying of in instalments by postal cheque all went well for 3 months then they didn't receive a cheque that i posted and next minute knock on my door and an extra £300 Added to the fine for a first visit.

they agreed to let my pay in instalments and the final Balance was due on Wedenesday but i forgot and rearranged for friday after some pleading . , i borrowed a friends card to make the payment as they couldn't come to get cash , but it was an Electron card and the card had to be registered to the same adress as the debt which obviouslyit isn't

I said no problem get the cash on Tuesday , but she was really nervy about that and said she will travel the 2 hrs to get the cash today, and then let slip that she had marked the debt as complete on wednesday and Drakes had paid over the fine to the court, thats why she needed the cash, in the end she said don't worry i'll come on tuesday.

now i'm thinking if every one thiinks this is settled do i have to pay the remaining balance ? i no its a bit wrong but what's left is the charges i incurred for one 5 min visit to my house .

what do people think on here will it work ?

Sorry just re red the above it sounds a bit confuisng.

the gist is from what what i have been told by the bailif is

1. she has told her bosses i have paid , on Wednesday and all settled

2. They have have then paid the court my fine.

i have not paid her the final instalment

my only worry is if i withold payment they might ask me to prove i paid.

but if the courts have been paid in full surely thats all the proof i need ?

if anyone could give me a few ideas it would be really appreciated.

Guest Herbie

I do not believe that this is the coorect amount that Drakes can charge. I have pm'd you.

Hi guys ,

This is a bit of a strange one , i had a court fine which was to Drakes which i was paying of in instalments by postal cheque all went well for 3 months then they didn't receive a cheque that i posted and next minute knock on my door and an extra £300 Added to the fine for a first visit.

My dad received a parking ticket in London. He forgot about it until he got a letter from Drakes and sent off a cheque. A month later a bailiff turned up saying that he hadn't paid. I got his cheque and showed the bailiff the stub and he said that it must have been lost in the post. I'm wondering if mail to Drakes routinely gets "mislaid" so that higher fees can be added on later. If I ever had to send cheques to Drakes I'd send it recorded.

23/05/06 DPA Sent to Halifax

I Love You All :D