Help - Anyone experienceing problems with their balance?

lolakahha

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5221 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Sorry slightly off the subject of charges for a moment - we're currently having huge problems with Abbey and have been since Wednesday this week.

We have a balance of £x in our account, but abbey's systems are showing that we have a balance of £y - the difference between x and y is £700.00 in their favour!!

We originally contacted them to inform them that the balance was incorrect and ask if they needed to investigate whether there had been fraudulent activity on the account. Apparently Abbey are upgrading their system and having big problems with it!

We have a young family to feed and entertain, travelcards to buy, a bank holiday weekend looming large and no money because of Abbey's system cock up!

After a total of 8 phone calls over 3 days we are no closer to accessing our money - so 2 questions:-

1) anyone else having this problem

and

2) any advice on what terminology to use when speaking to abbey to make them realise we mean business - surely this is a breach of contract on their part?

HELP!!!

Thanks

Charlotte

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP

Sorry to post this again but i'm really at the end of my tether - shabbey are saying there is nothing they can do for us until their system is fixed. SO we suffer due to their cock up! Or is this another bullying tactic - my court date is on the 8th August 2007 so we should definitely be on their radar by now!

Any input grealy appreciated - surely they can't get away with just not allowing us access to our money? We've got 2 little girls (16 months and 3 years) to look after!! :(

Thanks

Charlotte

Hi Lolakahha

You are obviously very sure of what your correct balance should be, and I assume from that that you have your own calculations / evidence of that figure.

What I would do in your situation (and I was once many years ago!) is to start from the last correct statement from Abbey that you have, then put with that all the evidence of account activity since. I would then take that into my branch, ask to see their Manager (explaining why in very clear terms), and quite simply refuse to leave until their mistakes are rectified, and you have back in your accessible account the money that should be there, in order that you can feed, house, and clothe your family including your 2 young chilldren. Make as much of a scene in public that you can if they refuse to see sense. I've not failed yet by doing this when Abbey have made mistakes (but not as serious as yours) - being polite, clear, consise, and very forcible, preferably in the public area, resolves most issues, but remember that you must be very sure of your facts when doing it!

Hope that helps - Adam.

I do my best to be helpful, but at the end of the day I'm not a professional - please seek further advice if you're not sure. On the other hand, if I have helped, please click my scales - thanks ;)

Current Claims (all for friends!) -

Abbey - over £4k - Court claim issued & AQ filed ('Tish vs Abbey'). Alloc'n Hearing 21 Sept - Claim stayed 29/8/07.

Cap One - just under £2k - WON (just over 2k!)('Tish vs Cap One')

Cap One - just under £1000 - WON (just over £1k) Nov 07 (JimmyBoy vs Cap One)

Lloyds TSB - £3.5k - Court claim issued, defence rec'd and AQ filed; Alloc'n hearing 7th Sept Claim stayed 29/8/07! (JimmyBoy vs Lloyds')

MBNA - over £1k for mis-sold PPI - WON - approx £1500(IpswichWitch vs MBNA . . .)

Hi again - a couple of further thoughts -

Just because they have problems with their 'systems', that does NOT give them the right to deny you access to your money, which you MUST have, and immediately, in order to look after your children, and of course, yourselves.

Don't be afraid to make it very clear to them that you will not hesitate in involving outside agencies (media, Social services etc etc) if they do not give you immediate access to your money.

Never loose your temper with them, or become rude or irrational - that gives them the perfect excuse to do nothing.

All the best with this problem, & let us know what happens.

Adam.

I do my best to be helpful, but at the end of the day I'm not a professional - please seek further advice if you're not sure. On the other hand, if I have helped, please click my scales - thanks ;)

Current Claims (all for friends!) -

Abbey - over £4k - Court claim issued & AQ filed ('Tish vs Abbey'). Alloc'n Hearing 21 Sept - Claim stayed 29/8/07.

Cap One - just under £2k - WON (just over 2k!)('Tish vs Cap One')

Cap One - just under £1000 - WON (just over £1k) Nov 07 (JimmyBoy vs Cap One)

Lloyds TSB - £3.5k - Court claim issued, defence rec'd and AQ filed; Alloc'n hearing 7th Sept Claim stayed 29/8/07! (JimmyBoy vs Lloyds')

MBNA - over £1k for mis-sold PPI - WON - approx £1500(IpswichWitch vs MBNA . . .)

Just got link to this thread through google.

My husband is having the same problem today. His available balance is way out of how much he should have (over £2,000 in Abbey's favour).

It means he can't access any of his money.

He has just phoned Abbey who said it should be ok tomorrow, but from looking at other posts on other sites it seems to be ongoing.

Is anyone else haveing similar experiences?