Unwarranted Direct Debit fees: Nationwide

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5100 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Nationwide has charged me for three unpaid Direct Debits and without justification. They are claiming that it is due insufficient funds for Direct Debits 28 days prior to the charges being applied. In the last couple of months I have only missed one Direct Debit payment (and this I attempted to cancel online and to no avail) and I have already received a £30 charge for this missed payment. This would then see me receiving four charges of £30 for one missed Direct Debit. At best they can claim that the corporation that applied for the said Direct Debit did so on a second occasion. However, this sees me in receipt of at least two Direct Debit fines deficient of explanation. Strikingly, the day that these charges were applied, was in fact the day that Nationwide would have received a summons from the court for the small sum of £421 (I am a struggling and impecunious mature student). I can only assume that this is malevolent tactics to goad me into a reaction that might see me settling for a lesser fee or simply plain old intimidation on behalf of those avaricious and nefarious. Surely they cannot invent fines and charge them on their whim?