Appeal for price comparisons in space & time

Mistermind
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6135 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Bally,

I dont know whether we can translate Austrailian price charges as being relevant to the argument.

I think it's been confirmed that they've already been accepted by at least one court.

I also think Mistermind has nailed any comparison aspect (certainly far, far better than I could have); we just need to nail the "fee not penalty" argument as comprehensively.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a look at the thread "NAB admit their charges are penalties" in the Yorkshire/Clydesdale Bank sub-forum which was started by Diddled.

Richard McKinnon, Chief Financial Officer of the National Australian Bank called the charges "penalty fees" in the Half Year Financial Results in 2004.

I have sent a transcript of this section Mr. McKinnon's report to the FOS along with my complaint form re. the Clydesdale Bank.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

Have read this post with great interest. I have been trying to search on the net for archives and have come across some pages from a journal about Uk banking reforms.

I'ts just a thought but would it not be worth contacting somewhere like the London School of Economics where they might hold archives with the sort of data you are looking for?

A very good idea, unfortunately LSE Librarian confirmed to me they do not allow external visitors to their library. They did recommend the following as a likely source to provide evidence charting the unjustifiable runaway inflation of penalty charges -- for anyone living in London with a little time available, unfortunately I am too far away.

City Business Library spacer.gifspacer.gif

Yes midge61, I do see value in exposing the history of UK penalty charges, the highest in the world.

They were not created along with Adam and Eve.

They were concocted in recent years by bankers tiptoeing past slumbering watchdogs.