Scoobysnacks v the great barcmonster

ScoobySnacks
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6161 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone. Been reading around on here for a while, followed a lot of the advice, all very useful! :)

I am currently in between the first request for repayment and sending a notice of intended court action to reclaim the charges. I've put some details in another thread including the text of the letter I recieved the other day.

Thought I'd put it into what seems to be the approved format around here. If possible could one of the mods possibly merge the two threads?

I will keep this thread updated with what's going on with the claim. :)

As a matter of interest, can I claim back charges from an account which I closed? I had a barclaycard Visa, which I had a few charges on in its time, but which I paid off and closed a couple of years ago. Unfortunately I don't have anything with the account number on it, I shredded and burnt (call me paranoid) all the statements etc. a few months ago in a big clearout of my filing system.

So if the account has closed, and I cannot supply the account number, would it be possible for me to write to them requesting information on the charges against the account? I assume I could ask for any records held in my name?

Thanks for all the help, such a lovely bunch of boys and girls! :D

Scoobs

• 2 weeks later...

Had a lovely letter from Barclays today, offering me about 2/3rds of the charges back.

It's actually rather tempting at the moment, what with the training I'm doing hence no income, and my car gearbox deciding to commit hare kare at the weekend, but I will resist the urge to grab the money off them!

So, off to find the letter rejecting their offer.

Keep on claiming people! :)