Littlewoods Won't Remove Default What Now ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6152 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have contacted littlewoods with the relevant letters asking them to stop processing my data and also contacted the cra's as there is a default notice on my credit record from littlewoods from 2004 showing as satisfied but i have never been in default with littlewoods , the cra say that littlewoods have written back to them saying yes it was in default so they won't do anything about it , I have stated that this does not prove it to be so just because littlewoods say it is and can they remove it , they say no not without littlewoods consent , littlewoods not even acknowledged letter i sent them even thoug cashed £1 postal order what now ? help !!!!!!!!!!!

If the statutory time limits have passed for them to supply the CCA then I would write to them and say that as they have not produced the CCA then they do not have your permission to process your information and any information they have provided to the CRA,s should be removed immediately. You should also require them to respond in 7 days before you report them to TS.

dencha

thanks , was wondering if anyone had a fax or e-mail for littlewoods as can't find one and as they haven't responded to two letters struggling a bit CRA won't do anything without littlewoods consent so stuck at minute !

heres a fax number 08702635093

i have used it but still no acknowledgement

voyager9

nationwide settled in full 7/06/2007

yorkshire bank settled in full 15/06/2007

capital one filed at court 06/06/2007 acknowledged 15/6 defence received 30/6 AQ sent 2/7 with application for summary judgement--hearing date 18 sept foe defence to be struck out

cahoot filed at court 25/06/2007 to acknowledge default judgement granted 27/06###won###settled in full

HBOS filed at court acknowledged 20/06/2007 default judgement granted 16th july so won

sorry lisa heres phone no as well 08702635000

voyager9

capital one filed at court 06/06/2007 acknowledged 15/6 defence received 30/6 AQ sent 2/7 with application for summary judgement--hearing date 18 sept foe defence to be struck out

cahoot filed at court 25/06/2007 to acknowledge default judgement granted 27/06###won###settled in full

HBOS filed at court acknowledged 20/06/2007 default judgement granted 16th july so won

many thanks , just going to fax across copies of letters sent with dates and tell them postage confirmed I can't believe they responded to CRA'S within three days to say default must stay but can't even be bothered to reply to two letters sent registered post thats big business for you , what response have you got to any letters , lisa

its all right lisa they have replyed to cras with me to say a dca is dealing with account now and for me to phone them and cra has dismissed the dispute as solved i couldnt beleive it:mad:

the most annoying thing is i wasn't in default and haven't owed them anything for three years a/c been closed since aug 2004 , but never been in default hope to get a response from fax today but thanks for all your halp if you get anywhere can you let me know please ?

Dear Ms LISAM696969

Thank you for your recent correspondence.

We acknowledge your comments regarding this information, however at this stage I wish to advise that your Dispute has been closed and the reply we have received from the supplier is considered adequate for the purpose of a Dispute.

This information is supplied by our credit clients and as such we do not have the power to amend this information unless we have received written authorisation to do so from the respective sources, and can only suggest that you contact the company concerned with any further enquiries you may have regarding these details and they will advise you further.

For further information on all aspects of your credit file please visit Online Credit Reports and Credit Reporting from a Leading Credit Agency: Equifax where you will find comprehensive information and advice.

I hope the above details are of assistance to you.

Equifax Customer Care Team

THIS IS THE LATEST CORRESPONDENCE FROM EQUIFAX /

I PUT IN A DISPUTE REGARDING LITTLEWOODS PLACING A DEFAULT ON MY CREDIT RECORD ,SO EQUIFAX WROTE TO THEM THEY WROTE BACK SAYING OH YES WE HAVE NO PROOF NO EVIDENCE NO NOTHING AND WHEN I TOLD EQUIFAX THIS AND THAT I HAD REQUESTED A CCA AND A DEFAULT NOTICE WHICH WAS NOT FORTHCOMING THIS IS THE RESPONSE I GOT TODAY , SO WHAT DO I DO NOW IT APPEARS THAT JUST BECAUSE LITTLEWOODS SAY IT IS SO THIS RIGHT , BUT WHEN I SAY ITS NOT THEN TOUGH , I'M STUCK AND REALLY NAFFED OF ABOUT THIS WHAT DO I DO NOW , HELP PLEASE

hi voyager , just rung phone number you gave me and spoke to a really helpful lady there , the fax number above is for fraud dept , and she said they will not do anything with it , she gave me her fax no which is 0870 263 5083 and she took it directly to right dept which is authorisations dept if you need to put it on fax , if this is any help please click my scales

• Haha 1

after much telephonin from nice lady at littlewoods finally got correct number and fax number its investigations unit in bolton and tel no is 0870 600 3399 fax number is 01204 873910 hope this helps others lisa if so please click my scales

• 2 weeks later...

Well After Faxing Letter To Desist From Processing Or Using Persoanl Data Etc 22 Times And Telephoning15 Times And Writing Registered Psot 3 Times All Signed For , Sent Of Cca Request And A Request For Copy Of Default Notice And The Above Letter , Woman At Littlewoods Read Out To Me A Thing Saying They Don't Have To Send A Default Notice To You To Put One On Your Record , I Ended Up In Tears She Was So Rude And I Don't Even Owe Them Any Money , They Won't Acknowledge Any Of The 25 Times They Have Received This Corespondence Fax And Letters Have Reported Them To Consumer Direct Today , But Don't Know If What She Said Is Right Can They Put A Default On Without Sending You A Notice , She Said That It Was Up To Me To Prove I Hadn't Defaulted Not Them To Prove I Had , I'm Really Upset About This Please Please Please Can Someone Help Me ??

Hi Lisa, seems Littlewoods are giving you a right old runaround!!:mad:

Regarding the default notice, I'm pretty sure you should have been sent a copy! Def agree that reporting them to TS would be a good idea. I really think you should S.A.R them too, that way you would get all the info they hold on you. The supposed default notice should be included with the SAR info, along with payments you made etc.

The SAR request is a good idea. They have 40 days to respond to that and if they don't report them to the Information Commissioner. You should write to him now anyway as a default notice is a data protection issue and trading standards should advise you of this.

You could also write to Littlewoods, by the usual methods, stating briefly your displeasure at having to write to them umpteen times over something which they have declined to provide information and give them 7 or 14 days to respond with their proposals to make up for it.

I sent a letter to their MD stating the way they had behaved was abysmal etc etc , so see what comes of that , but i think the S.A.R could be a good idea but there won't be a default notice cause the woman said they didn't issue one because they don't have to and started spouting from some legislation so i'm trying to find out if this is correct , that they don't have to send one , if anyone can help please !!!!!!!