Halifax - Bank Statement Request

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6142 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Thansk for the info sea-sidelady. Well it is now only 2 days and i should have received my statements (tonight and tomorrow's post) and i will be sending them template 3 giving them 7 days to comply. i have a question though, as i have been reading through a lot of other peoples threads and they have said that they did not do anything after the 40 days is this the case or shall i carry on and send template 3 ?? or give my local branch a call stating i have requested this and no information has been sent ?? please could someone help me on this matter.

AD

Not sure what Sea Side Lady has said to you because it looks as if you have opened a new post just to ask a new question.Please stick to the one thread-it does make life easier.

Once the 40 days are up then send them the planned letter-do not give them any more time than they are entitled to.

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

Hi

Thanks for the reply. Well no statements again today so i have one more day tommorrow to find out if they have complied to my request. after this i will send them template 3 and give them 7 days to comply to sending me my statements. is it a good idea to contact by telephone or not ?

You can always try. It cant hurt.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

You can try this number...

01383 743354

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

hello everyone

does anyone know how I can get statements on line for last 2 years - have registered for on line banking but can't locate them on the site

many thanks and good luck !!

hi there,

i have an account with BoS and if the halifax is the samethen when you log in to your on-line banking there is a tab to click on that says "statements and letters" you can then go back two years.

but i will point out that this is only available if you are paper free an do not get statements or letters sent to your home address.

you need to change preferences on your portfolio page to get online statements. also if you select it now it will only start from your next statement.

regards

andromeda411

Hi

The telephone number quoted above is actually for the credit card service and not for the current account's. The correct number for your current account should be 08457 253519. I have just called them and just like the Halifax we all know they were not very helpful and kept me on hold for a very long time. They are saying that the 40 days starts from when they receive the request for statements and not when we send this off... is this true ?

They are saying that the 40 days starts from when they receive the request for statements and not when we send this off... is this true ?

Well, not sure about the legalities - but if you sent it off Special Delivery - then it arrived the following day. What's a day here or there ?

Especially when HBostords take so long to do anything!!!!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Right - Off you go then, with the non-compliance letter!

(Royal Mail must be making a FORTUNE out of its Special Delivery facilities. When I re-submitted my FINAL DEMAND letter for my full Banking History, I took advantage of the "consequential loss" facility and plumped for £10,000 !!!)

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

ok thanks, they have also said that it will take another 40 days to process my request .... this is surley not correct, i have this afternoon emailed Andy Hornby (Executive) and have still not had a response. shall i just go ahead and send template 3 giving them 7 days to comply now ?

ok thanks, they have also said that it will take another 40 days to process my request .... this is surley not correct, i have this afternoon emailed Andy Hornby (Executive) and have still not had a response. shall i just go ahead and send template 3 giving them 7 days to comply now ?

Its your timetable not theirs, but be careful what you threaten, as The Information Commissioner is being very lenient with the banks regarding time taken to comply. Do not threaten court action unless you are prepared to follow it through.

Please note: I give advice, in good faith, based on my reading and experience. Please satisfy yourself, that any advice given is accurate in content before acting upon it.

A to Z index

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Thanks. Well after looking on this site for a long time about it, this is what i received back to send once my 40 days was up and not received any information through whatsoever ... can anyone else help me whether this is the right letter to send to them ?? and if anyone has used this and it has been of help. Ta.

TEMPLATE LETTER 3

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Section 7 – Data Protection Act 1998

Dear Sir/Madam

Account: xxxxxxxx

You have failed to comply with my Data Protection Act Subject Access Request dated (Insert Date).

If you do not comply within the next 7 days I shall seek a Court order obliging you to do so together with damages at the discretion of the Court and without any further notice.

Yep, thats the one..:D And loads of us have used it.

F&Q's... Read here

Thanks, I am waiting to hear back now from Andy Hornby (emailed him yesterday) giving 7 days to comply to sending me my statements. If I do not hear back from him by 7th June (or received my statements) I will be sending this form off. Like I said I have emailed him but as of yet I have not complained to the Commisioners Office should I also do this ?? or wait and see if the statements arrive by 7th June ??

Hi ADavies, I waited ages for my statements and made numerous phone calls, I waited until my 40 days were up before sending the non compliance letter. I got my statements around 46 days after my request, seems that a lot of people have had the same problem. Keep your chin up, waiting for the statements is without doubt the most frustrating part of the process.

[COLOR=red][/COLOR]

Hi

exactly the same thing is happening to me! I sent my non compliance off last week and never heard anything within the 7 days! To give them one last chance to redeem themselves i called them 10 min ago! lady said they have so many requests blah blah blah and there was nothing she could do! So i've filled out my court form and i'm printing off the information commisioners complaint form just now!Fingers crossed they take some notice of this!

The 40 days are up on or around the 4th June so if nothing has been received then send them ther non compliance letter.

Whether they cash the cheque or not is up to them-it should not have any bearing on the delivery to you of your statements

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

thanks for the info that i am not the only one struggling with getting my statements, all the people i know who are also claiming has had no problem with receiving their statements at all and had them at least 10 or so days before the 40 day period ... i am hoping that i receive my statements now by 7th June after my email but like people have said, if i have not received anything then i will just send the template letter on page 1, fingers crossed that will have to be the only chase up letter i need to send !!! and i know where scruff1001 is coming from after calling the halifax as i have had exactly the same thing called them was on hold for about 15 minutes and then they came back and said they could not help me ... very angry at that stage !! well keep me posted on your progress