Can a CCA request be apllied to an overdraft?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5229 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yorkshire bank are demanded £2500 overdraft to be paid at £24 a month, as a reaction to me winning my charges back from them they cancelled my overdraft facility, and I have opened an account at another bank in case they took all my money off me to pay it back. I can't afford to pay that much and have told them this several times, but they have ignored me and now they have sent a letter from their solicitors threatening court action in 5 days. Can I send them a CCA request so I can buy a bit time while I decide what to, or does this not apply to bank overdrafts.

My feeling is that this letter is the usual threatening legal looking letter trying to frighten me into paying up, but this is the first one I have had from the bank and I don't know what my rights are.

Any advice as to what I can do would be much appreciated.

I don't think overdrafts are covered by the Consumer Credit Act.

From the financial ombudsman site (FAQs - complaints about bank charges)

what if my bank account gets closed following my complaint about bank charges?

Like any business, banks and building societies are free to decide who they want as their customers – just as consumers are free to decide who they want to bank with. We recognise that the relationship between a bank or building society and a customer can sometimes break down for a number of reasons - and the closure of a customer account might sometimes be inevitable, where the proper procedure has been followed (including giving the customer time to make alternative banking arrangements).

However, we expect customers to be treated fairly by their bank or building society – and consumers should not be penalised for exercising their right to complain. We can – and do - investigate complaints from consumers that their bank accounts have been unfairly closed, for example, in retaliation for complaining about bank charges.

Make sure you complain about them for doing this.

I'm sure someone else will advise what to do in the short term.

The REAL Axis of evil: Banks, Credit Card Companies & Credit Reference Agencies.