Confused with schedule of charges from LLoyds

neomagik

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5231 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am claiming on behalf of my cousin and he has received a schedule of charges going back to 2001. On the covering letter it states that "If there are no charges for a certain period then charging details will not be included" So they have basically sent details of the charges (date, type of charge and amount) instead of a full set of statements.

Most of the charges on the schedule are described as O/DRAFT INTEREST but nonetheless they are still refered to as "charges" Can these be claimed in the preliminary approach?

Thanks

Rob

Hi Rob

Did you send an SAR (Subject Access Request) for your data?. Did you enclose a £10 cheque or postal order to cover the request?. If you have then they have'nt complied with your request. If this is the case, get in touch with them and ask for all of your data they hold. A complaint to the Information Commissioners Office should be sent as well about their conduct.

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Hi ukaviator,

Yes we did send the SAR and £10 cheque, the trouble is that it's not a huge amount he's claiming. From the information that they have sent (assuming that it is correct) since 2001 they have only charged three lots of fees, an unpaid DD, an unpaid standing order and an overdraft excess fee amounting to a total of £95, the rest are all refered to as "overdraft interest" and if you add these on the total claim becomes £235.

He suspects that the charges are probably about right but I guess until he gets a full set of statements we cannot verify this.

What I don't understand is why they have included "overdraft interest" in their schedule of charges. Are they saying that this can be claimed back?

Thread moved to Lloyds forum.

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

Hi, I'm sure they have a reason for including the O/D interest on the charges sheets you recieved, unfortunately I don't know what it is. The bottom line is you can only claim the proportion of OD interest that relates to the charges. You need to use one of the complex spreadsheets to calculate this. Hope this helps

Barclays - 2 Accounts - WON

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON

LTSB pre 6 years - N1 for non compliance filed

Barclays pre 6 years - Prelim sent