Secretary V Yorkshire Bank

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6174 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just started this process. I have received my bank statements but I am unsure on which charges I can claim for.

I have returned direct debit charges of £35 and unauthorised overdraft charges of £8 per day and at the end of some months charges of £25 and interest. Which of these can I claim for and do I add interest on top.

I am not very computer literate and finding it difficult to navigate around the site.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks:confused:

Hi secretary,

You can claim all the returned dd charges, the unauthorised overdraft charges and also the £25 they charge each month [are these the ones at the end of the same month where you've been charged £8 per day for unauth. o/d? - its a rip off isn't it!!].

It is difficult to work out what proportion of the debit interest you can claim back, as part of it refers to the authorised overdraft bit, and part of it refers to the charges - you can only claim back the part of the interest which relates directly to the charges. I believe there's a spreadsheet somewhere on this site that can help you work that out, but I'm not sure where it is - perhaps someone else can provide a link?

If you've any further questions, or just want a bit of moral support, just post in your thread and someone will definately be along.

PJ x

Advice & opinions given by pjdudley69 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional. Also visit legal seagulls for more friendly help and advice.

Thank you for your advice. They are the ones at the end of the same month where I've been charged £8 per day. This will bring it up to more than £5,000. Will I have problems claiming back this much?

Do I add the interest on now when I send the first letter to the bank with the schedule of charges?

Thank you again.

I would tend to add the interest on from the start and no problem claiming back more than £5000 - only I think it may be a different court but I guess the procedure will still be the same. Sure other folk will advise you. Take a bit of time to read through this site all the info is here. Good luck..

Thank you for your help. I have been looking through the site for a couple of days now. There is a mountain of information and it is one of the best sites i've been looking at. It still seems like a daunting process but hopefully it will be worth it in the end.

You will in fact need three copies of your court bundle, one for the bank, court and one for yourself so quite a lot to copy - but I am sure it will be worth it. Doubt you will need the bundle for a while and only needs to be handed in when asked for by the court - by then hopefully you will of received your court date.icon11.gif

Hi Secretary,

Don't add the interest on when you send your Prelim letter or your letter before action, you only claim the interest when you file at court.

The best advice i can give you is to take your time and have a good read of this site. Start here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

Regards Moss.

Sorry I've been away for a few days. Thank you for your advice. I had realised while I was filling in the spreadsheet. I need to delete the last two columns before I send my first letter and attach the spreadsheets.

I'll be sending these off as soon as I have finished the spreadsheets.

Thank you again.