Not aware of a debt, now Lowells Harrasing me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6179 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all

I've received this letter on Friday 21st, as I see other forum members also have received similar ones.

My situation is somewhat different as I'm not aware of this debt!

I’ve received nothing whatsoever regarding this so called debt, and upon checking through my previous credit card statements, I did have a capital one credit card, and I always pay the full amount each month, back in Feb. 2005 I cancelled the card and had a reply back from capital one confirming the account is closed and there is no balance outstanding.

I find the tone of the letter offensive and I’m subjected to harassment from big brother type of companies and I’m inclined to totally ignore this letter, however the consequences of being reported worry me, as my credit history is so far clean, what would be the sensible thing to do?

Heres the letter

15 May, 2007

Our Client: Capital One

Our Reference Number: xxxxxxx

Amount Outstanding: £612.41

Dear x

We have been appointed as the authorised debt collection agents by our client Lowell Portfolio I Ltd to recover an outstanding balance owed to them after they purchased your original debt from Capital One, on 2006-09-07.

We recognise that unforeseen circumstances may sometimes affect people's ability to meet their financial obligations and understand that it may be difficult for some people to discuss these matters However, our client has given you numerous opportunities to enter into a repayment plan that YOU COULD REALISTICALLY AFFORD.

We therefore can see no reason why your account remains in a 'non-paying status' and therefore require payment immediately.

If you are not in a position to repay the full outstanding balance today you must call us and offer either

1. An amount of money for our client to close your account.

2. A monthly repayment amount

Unless we hear from you within 7 days from the date of this letter we will assume you are unwilling to repay your debt and therefore we will have to look at other ways on how to recover the debt possibly by commencing legal action against you which may entail a petition for your bankruptcy being sent to Court if your balance exceeds the insolvency threshold.

Contact us immediately on telephone number 0845 279 7122

Cheers guys

DMS

absolute rubbish and vailed threats that they have no legal powers to employ.

fire off a CCA request with the £1 fee stating that you do not acknowledge any debt with them & that the fee is just that & not to be taken off any alledged outstanding balance.

sit back any wait 14 working days & i bet you hear nothing.

just the usual DCA letter fishing for poor buggers that fall for this game

keep us informed, we are all with you.

whatever you do, do not talk to them on the phone.

dx100uk

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hello all

I've received this letter on Friday 21st, as I see other forum members also have received similar ones.

My situation is somewhat different as I'm not aware of this debt!

I’ve received nothing whatsoever regarding this so called debt, and upon checking through my previous credit card statements, I did have a capital one credit card, and I always pay the full amount each month, back in Feb. 2005 I cancelled the card and had a reply back from capital one confirming the account is closed and there is no balance outstanding.

I find the tone of the letter offensive and I’m subjected to harassment from big brother type of companies and I’m inclined to totally ignore this letter, however the consequences of being reported worry me, as my credit history is so far clean, what would be the sensible thing to do?

Heres the letter

15 May, 2007

Our Client: Capital One

Our Reference Number: xxxxxxx

Amount Outstanding: £612.41

Dear x

We have been appointed as the authorised debt collection agents by our client Lowell Portfolio I Ltd to recover an outstanding balance owed to them after they purchased your original debt from Capital One, on 2006-09-07.

We recognise that unforeseen circumstances may sometimes affect people's ability to meet their financial obligations and understand that it may be difficult for some people to discuss these matters However, our client has given you numerous opportunities to enter into a repayment plan that YOU COULD REALISTICALLY AFFORD.

We therefore can see no reason why your account remains in a 'non-paying status' and therefore require payment immediately.

If you are not in a position to repay the full outstanding balance today you must call us and offer either

1. An amount of money for our client to close your account.

2. A monthly repayment amount

Unless we hear from you within 7 days from the date of this letter we will assume you are unwilling to repay your debt and therefore we will have to look at other ways on how to recover the debt possibly by commencing legal action against you which may entail a petition for your bankruptcy being sent to Court if your balance exceeds the insolvency threshold.

Contact us immediately on telephone number 0845 279 7122

Cheers guys

DMS

As already stated they are waffling. They wont even have a copy of your executed CCA agreement. They may cobble together a CApone application form. As for bankruptcy they are talkind crap. As far as I am aware the insolvency threshold is £ 750

As far as I am aware the insolvency threshold is £ 750

I concur.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Also be aware that a bankruptcy petition from memory costs them £600 to file.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

So basically what Rory and I are saying is that you have got a Standard Threat letter from Clownells. THey are talking verbal daihorrea. This letter will be followed up by loads of harrasing telephone calls. NEVER speak to these 'people':rolleyes:

In a few weeks they will pass you on to their paramilitary wing Hamptons Illegal. Its up to you what you decide to do. I have succesfully ignored them for months. You could of course send them a CCA letter. Template N along with a quid and demand a copy of your executed CCA agreement. They will not be able to produce this within the 12+2 days time frame. Then they will be in default and cannot do anything about enforcement or passing it on to their so called litagation department.

In a few weeks they will pass you on to their paramilitary wing Hamptons Illegal

Hee, hee......aptly put ODC :D

Quite frankly, i'ld be inclined to call them and tell them straight that you have the letter from Capital One that you state in your first post and you're happy to forward a copy, or if you aren't happy about calling them just cobble together a 1 paragraph letter stating that and attach a photocopy of said letter with a footnote that they mustn't contact you again.

Good luck, Dave.

Cheers Guys & thanks for all the replys and advice, they shouldn't be phoning as were ex dir, ah ah!

I think I'll draft up a letter as diskmandave says and wait for a response, if they reply or send in the paramilitary wing ! I'll get a CCA letter sent out with a quid.

Regards

DMS