Oh The Audacity of DG

Audreygreeneyes
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5564 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thank you Duke, I knew you would know what I was oan aboot!!!!.......

I will give you lesson if you wish freaky.........lol........... I also thought the wan oan the left wiz Pete, gaunyerselsun......

PD the best version in my vie is the live one by runrig done at a live concert at loch lomond......... but in my view anything that involves pipes and drums is good......

The royal scots dragoon gaurds (amazing grace fame) have just released a new cd...

Clannad, runrigh, cappercallie. lvoe all of them............

Auders,..

rockin all over the world

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard a new version of this the other night....it was beautiful with drums & pipes - really liked it!! :-)

You must have Scottish blood in your veins somewhere PD - ;)

Sorry - I've just noticed your post Auburn - if you've cleared your PM box a bit I'll try to fix your Avatar for you.....or does it need a Freaky to change it?

As for the groups and pipe bands you mention- now ye're talking - right up my street these..... especially Runrig and Royal Scots Dragoon Guards.

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

I think that must be your Gaelic ancestry showing PD, the pipes are an acquired taste.

Many years ago while on holiday with my parents in Scotland we went to a highland games... with pipe competition.. found it so funny all the bagpipe contestants standing around behind bushes practicing all playing different tunes :o lol

oh hey what would one do if one discovered that all your medical records had been lost!!!!!!!!!!

the entire file!!!!

tell the doctor to find the file fast :eek:

whats the 1 note the pipes cant lay?

have some sympathy for me . my son is learning!!!!!!!!!!!1

all of them if your learning

right I am off to the hairdressers........... be back later............ and behave you lot............ and Duke:):):):)

they wont have your medical records there !!! :D

Thank you for that Jo - I've just added this to my favourites......:)

I'm inclined to favour 'The Corries' version as it is historically more informative and poignantly sung as it was meant to be - but cheerier versions are more popular.......... like the Hampden Park one!:D

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

just found out the version i heard was Runrig/The Tartan Army

Ha-ha ! A bit boisterous considering it's supposed to be a lament...;-) Still, when us Scots get on the draft Irn Bru, we don't care!

PS . Did you know:

Scotland is the only country in the world where Coca-cola is not the top soft drink.........

th_irnbru.gif

Nemo me impune lacessit

i like boisterous......lol :p

Why doesn't that surprise me, I wonder???? ;-) :p

Nemo me impune lacessit

:rolleyes:

It's amazing how much you can say without talking ,Pete;-) Laffin too!:grin:

Nemo me impune lacessit

Ha-ha ! A bit boisterous considering it's supposed to be a lament...;-) Still, when us Scots get on the draft Irn Bru, we don't care!

PS . Did you know:

Scotland is the only country in the world where Coca-cola is not the top soft drink.........

th_irnbru.gif

It's made from gerrrddrrrrrss apparently!:D

• Haha 1

It's made from gerrrddrrrrrss apparently!:grin:

Just about right , Freaky! We say Gurrrrderrrrrrrrrss! ;):) (Rhymes with Murrrrrrrderrrrrrrrrrsss)...LOL

Nemo me impune lacessit