Oh The Audacity of DG

Audreygreeneyes
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5528 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you very much everyone for all your messages, as you all know this would not have happened if it had not been for you lot, well what did you excpect freaky....lol..... I was going ot plug this plas as much as possible.....lol

I hope everyone has a merry and peaceful xmas xx

rockin all over the world

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=10

There you go Auburn........ go get 'em! LOL!

Or this one for the Cap One forum...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=48

Edited by johnnymitch

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

you know I was wondering ( as oyu do) if it would be worth our while en mass writing to the FSA and OFT as the waiver is due for renewal ont he 26th Jan.

Complaining about yet another extension given the level of public money being poured into them, also send it to your mp, mr brown and mr darling..

the banks are struggeling so much they need bail outs, yet they are being allowed to rack up hundreds of thousands in legal fees. is this where our tax payers money is going I wonder...

anyone else got any thoughts....?

A guid new year to ane an' a'

An' mony may ye see,

An' during a' the years to come,

O happy may ye be.

An' may ye ne'er hae cause to mourn,

To sigh or shed a tear;

To ane an'a baith great an' sma'

A hearty guid New year.

Well darlings here we are at the start of anither year, in the banks are still holding everyone to ransom....

for me,myself, personally I am going to write to the oft and the FSA as the waiver is due for renewal on the 26th of this month....

Yes I know it may very well fall on deaf ears, but and maybe just but if enough people do the same , especially under the current climate and the amount of money they are having pumped into them from the tax payer.....

the legal costs they are incurring, with all this prevaracting, maybe they might recind it!!!! yeah I know long shot. but hey I am a dreamer if nothing else......

am also wondering if there might be a chance perhaps of using this as an arguement for havign the stay lifted?. or am i wasting my brain cells again?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone how are you all? well isnt it just great that the tax payer now owns a 70 % share inthe banking industry but not a single sanction...

I wonder given that they are so public funded now would that perhaps not be grounds to ask for the stay to be removed? or here's a novel idea, seeing as the goverment is now the majority shareholder in thebanks, perhaps those who are reclaiming charges should consider contact the treasury, after all it would be thier money the banks would use to repay the charges would it not?

oh and can anyone answer me the question about wasted court costs. whats the difference between a letter and an order and how do I do an order..... is it just like the draft directions?

Hiya Aub's not a clue about your wasted costs order :rolleyes:

As for your other idea, given a level playing field and a following wind we would have no chance, given that our elected government don't recognise they are public servants and the money they are spending and borrowing is actually ours not theirs we have even less chance.

The government is playing Monopoly in a game where the rule book has just been shredded. The billions of pounds they are now spending has been borrowed on the international markets, rumor has it we have now exceeded the debt we achieved in the first world war... at least not as many people have died yet :cool:.

All we can do is hope that Gordon (I got us into this I'll get us out) Brown's plans actually work and the economy stabilises... we will see :rolleyes: