Oh The Audacity of DG

Audreygreeneyes
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5528 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello and welcome to CAG!

There are a few things which are a must for you to do:

• Print them out for future reference, believe me you will need them.

• Read the threads in your banks forum, this will give you an ideal insight into what you are taking on.

A few things to remember:

• This is your money, it took years for the banks to collect it, so don’t be disheartened to find it takes more than a few weeks to get it back!

• Ask any questions you feel you need, but please remember someone may have already asked the question, so try searching for the answer first.

• Its your money, your responsibility, your job to get it refunded. We are here to support, guide and assist.

• If you are approached by anyone offering to do this for a fee, tell them NO and report them to admin / mod. You can do it, we all had to start somewhere and have been successful. You don’t need to lose up to half your money getting it back and you don’t need to have a degree in law!!

A few things you might want to consider:

• You are a newbie, and as you are reading this, chances are another newbie is signing up. So give a little back and support others when you feel ready to. You can do this by keeping your thread updated so others can read, and maybe offering advice to those who are at the stage you have already completed

• If you would like to donate to the site once you have been successful, then it would be extremely appreciated, especially by those who we haven’t helped yet….because by donating you are helping to keep the site free.

• Use our links to go to other sites; we currently have links to amazon, u-switch and a general search engine. This really helps.

Thank you for joining CAG, and good luck

• Haha 1

Guest ChloeJane

Hi there!

Welcome to the forum!

There is a lot to take in and it may appear daunting, but don't be put off!

The first step is an easy one and unless you have the 6 years statements already - here is where to begin.

Step 1.

Get your information! So you know what to claim.

You do this by easily following templates by copying and pasting them to suit you and your details.

1. Data Protection Act, Subject Access Request letter - List of charges

Click on the link above and you will go to a template that will be to request your data and information from the bank.

You can than spend the 40 days waiting for the information but can look around at what the tiimetable will be and what steps are next.

A great link is below which sets out a sample of the process. The links are on the right.

www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

Chat -- is a great way to ask questions instantly! so come on in and meet new friends and find support.

Look me up if you need more help! Step 1 is the letter.

All the best with your claim.

CJ

Thank you for the welcoming email, and the advice in it...........I am totally usless with computers and their terms and uses, I have been looking ath the HSBC forum and cant see how to start a new thread............ or am I being dim?,,,,,,,,,, auburn

rockin all over the world

Hi all, I am new on this site, and gotmy initial info from mse...... used their template and charge calculator, wrote to the bank , got a response ot the first letter...usual response, we are not admiting liability or anything but offer you xxxxxx which was !,500 short of the amount clained... then filed via money claim.

Just having found htis site I think perhaps I have made ahuge error, we did nto include the list of charges.........

Having read this site for th epast 3 days solid, if I hand a letter into the court in the morning asking for this to be added ot my poc will that be ok?

midnight tonight was the end of the 28 days but they subbmited a defence on tuesday........... so is being transfered to my local court...

any and all advice would be grately appreciated............ thanks auburn:confused:

Guest louis wu

Rugby, go back to the forum screen, press the new thread button (top left or bottom right) and tell us your story.

Louis

Guest louis wu

Hi,

I know this site can be quite confusing:confused: , especially when your new, but try to stick to one thread, otherwise you'll get all different advice and you won't know where you are.:)

Louis

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I think I have made a huge error, was jsut checking the POC and have noticed right at the very end I have entered THE CLAIMANT ASK THE COURT TO ENTER A JUDGEMENT IN THEIR FAVOUR FOR £3999.83 PLUS INTEREST TOTALING £818.33........

hAVE JSUT REALISED THAT THE 3999.83 WAS THE TOTAL INCLUDING INTEREST !!!!!!!!!11 DO i NOW HAVE TO CHANGE THE PARTICULARS OF THE CLAIM? AND HWO DO i DO THIS...........:confused:

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I think I have made a huge error, was jsut checking the POC and have noticed right at the very end I have entered THE CLAIMANT ASK THE COURT TO ENTER A JUDGEMENT IN THEIR FAVOUR FOR £3999.83 PLUS INTEREST TOTALING £818.33........

hAVE JSUT REALISED THAT THE 3999.83 WAS THE TOTAL INCLUDING INTEREST !!!!!!!!!11 DO i NOW HAVE TO CHANGE THE PARTICULARS OF THE CLAIM? AND HWO DO i DO THIS...........:confused:

• Haha 1

Guest ChloeJane

Hi there!

Firstly breathe!!! It can be fixed!!

Ok - you can ammend your particulars of claim easily!

The Court will advise that you need to do this on an N244 application form.

It will cost £35 - and is a very simple process.

I cannot see where you have made the error in the particulars of claim but am sure its easily fixed by following this process.

If you send a message, I will happily forward over a template of the form you need to use with a new link to copy and paste and the particulars of claim.

CJ

Hi all, another newbie, just having a look about at the moment, I have 2 friends who are claiming their bank charges, so I have been passing advice on from MSE, 1 is at the going to court stage, but she has to find the £120 fee 1st, & the other has not recieved her statements within the 40 days, so she is getting in touch with the Information commisioner. It's good to be able to learn from others experiences, but it seems that the banks are now changing tactics? HSBC & Barclays are the banks involved here.

Sorry Ruby, maybe I am being dense here, but I do not follow the last part of your message, I am claiming from HSBC and not Barclay's and coudl you explain how thye are or have changed tactics?:confused: :confused: :confused:

Guest louis wu

Auburn, don't worry about the change of tactics, I think you are well beyond the stage that ruby is taliking about.

Just concentrate on getting your N244 completed and then waiting for further instructions from the court.

Louis

Sorry Auburn I was speaking in general terms, not as a reply to you directly, my friends are dealing witn the HSBC & Barclays respectively. I am just looking at all the threads to find more information to help them.

Phew thanks for al lthe help, calle dthe court but they said no it was fine, the interest was added on at the end once judgement has been given........ I have to fill out s form! and add the interest at that time.....

As for the rest, have done as latarlus has suggested nad sent nudge letter to DG and called them no reponse, also the update to the bank again no respone...... got a copy of the court transfer to my local court on Saturday 11th May and have calle dhte court this monring and it has been listed for the 7th August at 12.00 pm........

Grrrrr bit annoyed that they have been given a further 3 months to draw this process out...... am going to send a nudge letter today, informing them that we now have the court date........

so suppose tis time to start compioling the court bundle.......... :)

Crusher when you say oyu have merged my threads exactly what doe sthat mean. sorry for being thick here.............. and do i have one in my own name against hsbc? and if so how do i find it to update it? ..........

sorry but not the brightest when finding my way round hte site....... thanks for al lthe help so far everyone