peters v barclays

debspet
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6154 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello there,

any help wouldnt go unapriciated here, phoned barclays bank up requested my statements waited aprrox 4 weeks for these, they then sent me 3 lots (how many trees did they knock down for that) . I then called them up and asked to reclaim back my charges from my own account and my husbands joint account £1450. The manager ! ( wasnt getting anywhere with the C.S.A s reason being apparantley things are changing on a daily basis there so they play it by ear) well anyway she told me that my COMPLAINT was being with dealt with and that it could take upto 8 weeks to be resolved, this call took place on the 4 th May. How long do i give them before I take the next step and wot is the next step.

:rolleyes:

I might not be right but personally I would send a request for charges so that you've got it in writing for the court then 14 days later do the lba, that way they cant say you didnt ask for it nicely to start with :)

28/2/07

Sent request for repayment of charges totalling £2,800 (I want it ALL back!).

8/3/07

Barclays send sorry your not happy letter

14/3/07

Letter before action sent

25/4/07

Barclays offer £1,790

27/4/07

Thanks but no thanks to the offer sent

28/4/07

Filed with mcol, now looking at a figure of £3,500, they should of paid up when i asked nicely :-D

11/5/07

Barclays acknowledge claim

30/5/07

Barclays defend claim

19/6/07

Received notice of transfer to Northampton County Court and barclays excuse for a defence!!!

i would do as Tipsy says and keep dealings with B's to letters at the moment and follow the guidelines and timescales on here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/671-2-letter-preliminary-approach.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/92-3-letter-before-action.html

are the 1st 2 letters you will need

Remember to send them registered/recorded delivery so B's cant say they didnt recieve them

Hope this helps

Saint

hi there, again

the first time I requested my statements which was on 28 March, waited approx 4 weeks for statements, then phoned and COMPLAINED (apparently if you use the C word it makes more sense to them) about the charges the C.S.A asked me what did i think these charges were, I didnt understand the nature of the question asked and told her they were unfair, she took my details and gave me 2 reference numbers 1 for my joint account and 1 for my single ( my husband doesnt know about) account. I then recieved a letter stating that they aim to deal with my COMPLAINTS by the 7th June. So I do have to ref numbers to adhere to, if they come up with the we have lost ur details or blah blah blah! I have these numbers or failing that arent all calls recorded for training and security purposes. So initially I have waited approx 10 weeks to date, do I wait until the 7th June and hope that something happens or do i need to send them some sort of reminder that time is ticking away.

Anybody know what the chances are about getting my £ back cos many people I have spoken to seem to think they are slim! (with regards to the case with the man who lost against Llyodds Tsb.

Have a look through the posts from the last few days and you will see people are still winning.

I cant really advise what to do next as I would still send a request for your charges in writing and go from there but someone else may well suggest you do the letter before action

28/2/07

Sent request for repayment of charges totalling £2,800 (I want it ALL back!).

8/3/07

Barclays send sorry your not happy letter

14/3/07

Letter before action sent

25/4/07

Barclays offer £1,790

27/4/07

Thanks but no thanks to the offer sent

28/4/07

Filed with mcol, now looking at a figure of £3,500, they should of paid up when i asked nicely :-D

11/5/07

Barclays acknowledge claim

30/5/07

Barclays defend claim

19/6/07

Received notice of transfer to Northampton County Court and barclays excuse for a defence!!!

Have you got your statements ? if not how did you request them ? was it by a SAR ( system access request) letter from here ? if so try ringing 0800 282 390 and speak to an advisor their i spoke to 'Wendy' who said she would print them off and get them in the post .. if you sent a s.a.r then follow up with http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

hi there saintly,

statements have been recieved and i have requested back my charges, then sent me a letter sayin that they aim to have a response for my by 7th June, do i remind them that time is ticking by or do i wait until then, cos that would have been approx 4 weeks how long do i give them b4 i start the next level. head is battered, should i ring them now to confirm that i am still waiting or leave it til 7th June and see if they deliver

will do that and print it off, feel like I havent given them enough time, also dont want to hound them . Maybe being nice doesnt work after all sometimes I am a little stupid when it comes to these things. Does anyone know what the chances are of them closing my account? Inconvienice comes into my mind as direct debits will have to be changed.

• 2 weeks later...

hi there,

update still awaiting contact from bank, they have til thursday to give any answers, i did phone them yesterday and they said that my COMPLAINT is still being processed. I was also informed by the CSA that they may have to write to tell me that my complaint may take a little longer than 1st specified, he then informed me that this was in the rights and guidlines of the Financial services requirements, wotever wotever!!!!!!!

Is this correct or shall i send the 2nd letter?.

Once your time limit is up then move on to the next stage (im at roughly the same stage as you) Remember that its your claim not theirs B's will delay as long as possible if they are allowed to

Hope this helps

saint

I contacted barclays last night about my complaint, which they stated shoud be dealt with by the 7th June. Suprise suprise, they need a little longer. Something like 4 weeks longer!!!!!!!!!!

I aint happy, hell hath no fury than a woman scorned. So what now do i wait the 59 days from complaint whihc will give them till 5 July or do i start that ball rolling and continue with the next step. Which would be what?

what letters have you sent ...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/671-2-letter-preliminary-approach.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/92-3-letter-before-action.html

if you have sent the above then its making a claim to the courts ... there are 2 ways to do this

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/34887-5-money-claim-line.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/681-4-particulars-claim-n1.html

its upto you which way you wish to proceed either online(mcol) or direct to your court (N1)

What you dont want to do is give in to their stalling tactics

hello everyone,

Recieved a letter on Tuesday 12 June from Barclays saying, the usual we dont agree with the fact that you think our charges are unfair, but anyway we will offer you £970 as a good will gesture in full and final settlement of your claim. They did state that if i didnt except this offer i will have to take them to a small claims court, my bank charges in total were £1300.

Any advise, i dont consider this to be a bad offer and somwhere along the lines i think this will have to stop eventually.

debs

xxx